DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Wait, did Lex decide to kidnap Martha the same night that Batman decided take on Sups after all his prep??

Oh one other thing, not important but in my head I can totally connect the end of TDKR to this Batman to pretend it's all in the same universe.

Bruce clearly states to Alfred after 20 years of fighting bad guys, good guys dying and how many are left making it clear just how long he's been doing this. I can totally see things falling out with Catwoman or she dies by the hands of somebody (maybe Hush), while "Robin" Blake :x is being a vigilante in Gotham. Bruce is forced to return to being Batman, Blake dies, more villains pop up, Joker returns makes a Harley, etc.

It can all fit :lol: :smokin

Rather see a Hush than a Red Hood story

Meh, don't think the movie was as bad as people are making it. Definitely could have been better but enjoyed it for what it was :\

Most people on here liked it.
I'm about to call radishes on that.

Reminds me of the amount of users suddenly rated the movie fresh on RT :lol: Aint no damn 150k ppl rushed to RT to rate the movie.

I wish the poll had the option to show who voted.

Wait, did Lex decide to kidnap Martha the same night that Batman decided take on Sups after all his prep??
batman was lucky

if lex didnt do all that extra stuff to get superman to fight batman, batman would have been standing outside waiting beside the batsignal all night and eventually have to pack up all his traps and go home 
laugh.gif

One of my favorite scenes with Bruce was when he was looking at the suit and then he looked at Robin's. The look of 20 + years of pain in his face coupled with that Hans Zimmer score was amazing.

I felt like I got a glimpse of the toll that 20+ years of crime fighting had done on him and those movies aren't out yet.

Great "backshadowing" just like when Obi talked about the clone wars in episode IV. You didn't see it yet but how he takes about it you knew it was an event.

"Twenty years in Gotham. How many good guys are left? How many stay that way?"

So much greatness in this movie...

Does this movie take place after the events of the dark Knight movie trilogy? Or is it its own universe bc of Affleck?

Cause from what people been saying here it seems like the first

One of my favorite scenes with Bruce was when he was looking at the suit and then he looked at Robin's. The look of 20 + years of pain in his face coupled with that Hans Zimmer score was amazing.

I felt like I got a glimpse of the toll that 20+ years of crime fighting had done on him and those movies aren't out yet.

Great "backshadowing" just like when Obi talked about the clone wars in episode IV. You didn't see it yet but how he takes about it you knew it was an event.

Does this movie take place after the events of the dark Knight movie trilogy? Or is it its own universe bc of Affleck?

It's its own universe.

Oh one other thing, not important but in my head I can totally connect the end of TDKR to this Batman to pretend it's all in the same universe.

Bruce clearly states to Alfred after 20 years of fighting bad guys, good guys dying and how many are left making it clear just how long he's been doing this. I can totally see things falling out with Catwoman or she dies by the hands of somebody (maybe Hush), while "Robin" Blake :x is being a vigilante in Gotham. Bruce is forced to return to being Batman, Blake dies, more villains pop up, Joker returns makes a Harley, etc.

It can all fit :lol: :smokin

Rather see a Hush than a Red Hood story
I don't want a Red Hood story at all. Would love a Hush story, that got potential to be the best Bat movie.

Red Hood wouldn't even make sense now cuz Bats be killing. He aint gonna care some other dude pretended to be a criminal then killed the competition. If anything they'd team up to kill the Joker.

I want Batffleck to roll dolo with only Alfred for support the next 10 years or however this version of the DCEU lasts.

Give me some Hush, then jump right in to the court of owls with a Thomas Wayne Jr. Owlman, finally get the Riddler right and you can have other colorful monstrous villains like Killer Croc, Clayface, and that ventriloquist dude orbiting the main bad guys. I want the Penguin that owned his own little villain's club but was still dirty on the low. I want Mr. Freeze done right as well.

It's its own universe.

Yup, what's interesting is that line is like a direct sequel to "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."

So almost an arkham city/knightish movie

Since those games gave clay face, crocodile and penguin all done right

Nah I was just saying in my head, it totally could be in the same universe if they wanted to stretch it but it's definitely not.

It's its own universe.

Yup, what's interesting is that line is like a direct sequel to "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."

In the event that Jason appear as Red Hood (Or that this Joker theory people have going actually turns out to be true) the line takes on an interesting meaning too.

The only really annoying thing about this movie to me is that it has the right ideas. It would of been epic as a 700 page book to read while herbing. Their is no depth to the deep seeded motivations/mentality of four ridiculously interesting characters.

What's everything else?

His Bruce and Batman was on point. Detective, Arkham game fighting, training and prep time.

Nolan's Batman had all of that, minus the fighting. Disagree about his Bruce or Batman being on point. Unlike the fighting, that's entirely based on what type of Batman you like. The version here works for the universe they've crafted and is a character I like, but also isn't a character i'd want to see as the main Batman in a comic book or a television show, where he's basically suffering from PTSD. Dude looks like he's barely holding himself together half the time and is a paranoid nut.

Last edited:

What's everything else?
His Bruce and Batman was on point. Detective, Arkham game fighting, training and prep time.
the last three are all related to fighting

he really didnt do much detective work, they did the lazy magic electronic device magically does all the detective work for him thing again

basically, he put a phone down on a table next to a phone and he plugged in a USB. Alfred even calls him out in telling him that he should do more detective work as bruce than using blunt force as batman. 

Personally, I still take BTAS Kevin Conroy Batman over any other portrayal. That's a Batman that actually had everything.

Last edited:
I don't recall Nolan's Batman doing any Batman detective work.

He had Fox just give him tech, toys, and suits to get w/e he wanted. There was never any mystery in the 3 movies. He aint even realize ol girl was Talia Al Ghul in TDKR.

They made it seem like he was so rich and good at fighting that was all that needed to tackle the specific kind of crime in Gotham.

Last edited:

He had Fox just give him tech, toys, and suits to get w/e he wanted. There was never any mystery in the 3 movies. He aint even realize ol girl was Talia Al Ghul in TDKR.

They made it seem like he was so rich and good at fighting that was all that needed to tackle the specific kind of crime in Gotham.

Bullet bit from Dark Knight. There are other off-screen things, like tracking the mob, lifting Selina's prints and searching her history, etc.

But no live action Batman is really portrayed as "The World's Greatest Detective".

Last edited:

Bullet in the brick, the cell taps to locate Joker, figuring out the Scarecrows reasoning for the water supply

All I got off the top

Back
Top Bottom