DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I'm gonna stop *****ing about this movie because with how they're hyping up the "Ultimate Cut" I'm just assuming this is the studios' vision and not the actual filmmakers. I'll give Zach the benefit of a doubt until July
JUST got done with it :lol: I think the film broke Jeff's brain

To be honest if you ain't ******* with the movie now I don't see how an alternate cut will make you feel any differently

If I arrived extremely late to the movie and started watching when Martha bae and Lois got taken, I would've thought it was a good movie.

I'm gonna stop *****ing about this movie because with how they're hyping up the "Ultimate Cut" I'm just assuming this is the studios' vision and not the actual filmmakers. I'll give Zach the benefit of a doubt until July
JUST got done with it :lol: I think the film broke Jeff's brain

To be honest if you ain't ******* with the movie now I don't see how an alternate cut will make you feel any differently

bewbs

If you guys are into podcasts, check out /Filmcasts review. Hilarious.
laugh.gif
JUST got done with it
laugh.gif
I think the film broke Jeff's brain
Dude wasn't having it, man. None of them were.
laugh.gif

Finally saw this film.

No reason for it to be 2:50minutes long. So many scenes shouldve been taken out.

How many times we gotta see your moms pearls with a gun or your pops on the floor?
Young Bruce levitating among bats? So many dream sequences, why?

I never realized both superheroes had Martha for a mom.

Also, Batman grabbing a sink to hit Superman seemed so stupid to me.

6/10 aka C+

so lex blows everyone up to frame superman, but they just skim past the aftermath and never really make blaming superman a major plot point?

again, what was the point of including that scene in the movie? you could have told the same exact story without it. 

so lex blows everyone up to frame superman, but they just skim past the aftermath and never really make blaming superman a major plot point?

again, what was the point of including that scene in the movie? you could have told the same exact story without it. 

Before I get into the scene, I've said I think the way Lex was written/cut is one of the primary reasons this movie got those reviews..I don't blame Eisenberg at all.

But this was one of my favorite Lex scenes, might be the only one I like. It's pretty multi layered:
1. It shows how manipulative he can be by playing the dude in the wheel chair.
2. He gets rid of the Senator that was not allowing him to import the kryptonite
3. Even though the blame was later acquitted on Supes, he still gets the bad publicity.

Should they have gone more into it? Absolutely. But that was one of the last straws to break the Bats back (no pun) because Bruce still seen it as Supes fault and I'm sure others did too...then he started gearing up for the big fight and he stole the kryptonite.

I think the reason was they really wanted to show that jar of pee. Would've been great if superman smelled it and was like why the hell is there a jar of pee on the desk.

Before I get into the scene, I've said I think the way Lex was written/cut is one of the primary reasons this movie got those reviews..I don't blame Eisenberg at all.

But this was one of my favorite Lex scenes, might be the only one I like. It's pretty multi layered:
2. He gets rid of the Senator that was not allowing him to import the kryptonite
3. Even though the blame was later acquitted on Supes, he still gets the bad publicity.

Should they have gone more into it? Absolutely. But that was one of the last straws to break the Bats back (no pun) because Bruce still seen it as Supes fault and I'm sure others did too...then he started gearing up for the big fight and he stole the kryptonite.
it does the exact opposite. it shows that he is not manipulative enough to either sway the senator or sway public opinion so that the senator has to approve the kryptonite. blowing everything up is just a lazy way for the screenwriters to get out of that story thread without needing to write any meaningful dialogue.

still getting bad publicity is no different than what he was already getting, what resulted in the senate meeting in the first place. so again, what was the point of including that scene rather than like having lex bring in 3-4 people to come in as speakers/witnesses and really tear superman down on national TV which really would result in a shift of public opinion for superman. now this sets up the redemption arc where he beats dooms day and people see that he did offer his own life to save humanity. 

it makes no sense with batman either because first off, if that event didnt happen it would have been just as believable to the audience that batman wants to kill superman. they never really follow up on batman's reaction to that, the movie already has a clear plot point to send him over the edge with the letters. In fact, a smart logical bruce wayne would have put at least a tiny bit of effort into investigating a terrorist attack of that magnitude which would have led him to easily realising that there is a third party involved. 

it is just flat out lazy writing, a cheap way to show that your villain is actually a bad guy that robbed us of getting to see a dialogue that would have addressed the central themes of the superman character. 

it does the exact opposite. it shows that he is not manipulative enough to either sway the senator or sway public opinion so that the senator has to approve the kryptonite. blowing everything up is just a lazy way for the screenwriters to get out of that story thread without needing to write any meaningful dialogue.

still getting bad publicity is no different than what he was already getting, what resulted in the senate meeting in the first place. so again, what was the point of including that scene rather than like having lex bring in 3-4 people to come in as speakers/witnesses and really tear superman down on national TV which really would result in a shift of public opinion for superman. now this sets up the redemption arc where he beats dooms day and people see that he did offer his own life to save humanity. 

it makes no sense with batman either because first off, if that event didnt happen it would have been just as believable to the audience that batman wants to kill superman. they never really follow up on batman's reaction to that, the movie already has a clear plot point to send him over the edge with the letters. In fact, a smart logical bruce wayne would have put at least a tiny bit of effort into investigating a terrorist attack of that magnitude which would have led him to easily realising that there is a third party involved. 

it is just flat out lazy writing, a cheap way to show that your villain is actually a bad guy that robbed us of getting to see a dialogue that would have addressed the central themes of the superman character. 

I think by that point the audience were bored by a lot of the dialogue that took place.

The writers probably felt they need to put a jolt of energy in the film at that point.

I love that scene too.

seamanup, it's been 5 days.

We get it, you don't like it. You think its lazy writing, you think it sucks, blah blah blah.

you my dude and all, but shut the **** up already. You'd think Snyder smashed your sister or something the way you're in here every goddamn arguing the same points. 

JUST got done with it.
I think that's a very fair statement. I really believe this movie's faults mainly fall on WB. The same thing happended with Watchmen. The directors cut was a near masterpiece imo. And that was all Snyder. So I am very interested to see what this Ultimate cut has in store. If the movie turns out to be better than the theateracial cut, then I think Zack will be vindicated. I get that he's the director at the end of the day and everything falls on him. But I might be one of the few people that likes Zack as a director and will defend him to an extent. I just don't think that WB isn't getting the criticism they deserve.

We get it, you don't like it. You think its lazy writing, you think it sucks, blah blah blah.

you my dude and all, but shut the **** up already. You'd think Snyder smashed your sister or something the way you're in here every goddamn arguing the same points. 

H6ofe.png
H6ofe.png
H6ofe.png

deal with it. im coming with logical breakdowns of these baffling directorial choices and the go to response is personal attacks. yall cant even explain this mess.

if this hack fraud of a writer/director watched his OWN movies he would see how with good writing its possible to set up a genius level human character (with clear motivations) that uses his supreme power of manipulation to change public opinion on a god level character without lazily blowing everything up.

I think by that point the audience were bored by a lot of the dialogue that took place.

The writers probably felt they need to put a jolt of energy in the film at that point.
WHAT DIALOGUE?! 

is this movie made for people that have the attention span of a 2nd grader? 

are monkeys the target audience of this movie? 

BvS made $15m on Monday, beat plenty of CBMs but not Deadpool which pooled (pun intended) $19m iirc.
I'm guessing thats Domestic? And I'm guessing they are comparing Furious 7 & Hunger Games because they had similar release dates?

Yup, domestic numbers.

Also to be fair, a lot of schools were supposedly closed after Easter.

Back
Top Bottom