DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

100 pages, caught up. Steered clear to avoid spoilers.

7.1/8

-Cavill did his best with what he had. In my opinion, he embodies the ideal Superman. I'm a supporter. (sticks out hand)
-Ben did his thing. His Bruce Wayne persona was palpable and to say he's the 'best' Batman, I'm still reserved.
-Lex was average; not the worst though not praiseworthy. I'm not sure the type of character Jesse wanted to portray on big screen for Lex, but personally I think he could have toned down the animated/jester vibe.
-Trailer revealed too much. Should have never shown Doomsday. His presence was lackluster. Bats vs Supes was far greater.
- Lois, age difference.
-WW delivered. MVP of the film.

Opening scene :nthat:

kQzPVht_-_Imgur.0.gif

The Battfleck movie will>>>>>>>every Marvel, Fox, Sony and previous DC CBM

Mark my words

Especially since he's working with the man who singehandedly made DC great in the 2000s

Last edited:
Batman: I'm going to break your neck.
Joker: My mom's called Martha.
Batman: You're my new best friend.

Even the DC comics staff is getting in on the meme

speaking of zach snider, how is this an actual scene in a superhero movie marketed towards kids?

Man_of_Steel.jpg

From my OG review of MOS 3 years ago.........

My biggest complaint, the way they did Zod and crew on Krypton. Ok, they were bad boys, need to be punished, but did they really need to send them to the stars encased in glass dildos? :stoneface: :lol: I seen that **** and was like wtf? :lol: Wife and I both started giggling like you do when you're in church and need to be quiet. We didn't even say a word, we both knew why were were giggling. That's a rough way to be punished man, eternity in an erect piece of glass with duel engines at the bottom of the shaft. :smh: :lol:

Good point about the score. I've actually purchased Hans' last couple superhero soundtracks (TDK Trilogy and MoS), but I was unimpressed with BvS. Batman's suite is okay, but I just like the fact that the beginning is very Inception-like. And though WW's theme probably fits the character, it was so different than the rest of the score that it took me out of the movie for a bit. :\

Good point about the score. I've actually purchased Hans' last couple superhero soundtracks (TDK Trilogy and MoS), but I was unimpressed with BvS. Batman's suite is okay, but I just like the fact that the beginning is very Inception-like. And though WW's theme probably fits the character, it was so different than the rest of the score that it took me out of the movie for a bit. :\
Yeah, it is very different. That's probably why I noticed it. I went in planning on paying attention to score, but it made no impact on me really.

I agree, WW theme was way too short for it to save the rest of the movies score. I was probably just so pleased to be stimulated sonically by that point that I made the scene bigger in my mind than it was.

http://www.hark.com/clips/pdcnhzgvlq-starving-for-a-cracker

Last edited:
Wait... Jessie Eisenberg was originally going to be Jimmy Olsen but he charmed Snyder and he made him Lex off that?

Wait... Jessie Eisenberg was originally going to be Jimmy Olsen but he charmed Snyder and he made him Lex off that?
"how about this zach, if you let me play lex I'll let you sign my huge paycheck, actually to sweeten the deal I'll just take full creative control of the character. Trust me this is a good deal for you"

*feeds zach a jolly rancher* 

Lol I work at a hospital. The doctor and I are both huge comic book movie fans. I checked in at 3 pm. Tell me how talks went from discussing the newest patient admission to BvS bashing for half an hr straight. My coworkers were looking at us like what language we speaking :rofl:

Last edited:
"how about this zach, if you let me play lex I'll let you sign my huge paycheck, actually to sweeten the deal I'll just take full creative control of the character. Trust me this is a good deal for you"

*feeds zach a jolly rancher* 
:rofl:

The Jolly Rancher.:rofl:

The Battfleck movie will>>>>>>>every Marvel, Fox, Sony and previous DC CBM

Mark my words

Especially since he's working with the man who singehandedly made DC great in the 2000s
Johns is legit played out and kinda ran out of steam 3-4 years ago. Hear that the most from fans who love him..

Back
Top Bottom