DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Doomsday would of eaten those Batarangs like Scooby Snacks.

Also, people would of spent 4 pages asking why Batman used Batarangs against Doomsday. :lol:

Last edited:
in 20 years of fighting crime, but I think we're gonna see flashbacks in the solo Bats movie that'll show it's been even worse than we can imagine. And then when you add in the Knightmare prmonition of how bad it could all become, jeeez, Bats is looking at some literal hell on earth in his future when the Big Bad rolls into town.

The best thing about all this. Let's hope the potentially bad box office numbers doesn't hinder Solo Batfleck movies. :smokin

I do remember Bats throwing one or two during the warehouse fight...Man, the warehouse fight...reminded me of the fight scenes from The Raid movies.

Last edited:
View media item 1967874

Will they use this in one of the JL films? 

I want this

280px-JLsatellite2.jpg

I just remembered the Batmobile swerving into Supes that y'all were complaining about from the trailer. Now we know Batman didn't try to run him over, but Superman swooped down and got in his path.

Maybe that will make some people happy? :lol:

Last edited:
Rosenbaum is just so versatile as an actor. I can't believe he hasn't done much since Smallville. He was awesome as the voice of the Flash in JL and JLU.

but in the context of the DCU movies, superman's character is basically nothing (what does he stand for? what does he want to accomplish?) and batman is low key a villain. I'm sorry but that's just a terrible direction to take your two headliners that are about to start your multi billion dollar movie universe. Judging purely off the lex luthor we were presented with in this movie, he seemed like a mentally unstable psychopath that did things seemingly at random. if you take away the core of what these characters should be and only look at what we are presented in this movie then that's even more shallow. 

were they actually attempting to make a super hero movie without any heroes? 
I find them heroic, but flawed and imperfect ones. For Supes we saw how his upbringing and his battles in MoS may have led him to being more tentative. Then when he went to actually explain himself to the Senate panel on Caiptol Hill... BOOM. How many people were killed just because he decided to heed the call of Congress? I could imagine if he thinks "Damn, I just can't catch a break" at this point.

As for Bats, other than his parents' murders and the deaths of his friends and employees in the Zod fight, his background is more implied as of now. We presume Robin was killed by Joker (I honestly didn't even catch that was a Robin suit at the time), and he's seen some REAL **** in 20 years of fighting crime, but I think we're gonna see flashbacks in the solo Bats movie that'll show it's been even worse than we can imagine. And then when you add in the Knightmare prmonition of how bad it could all become, jeeez, Bats is looking at some literal hell on earth in his future when the Big Bad rolls into town.

These first two movies show the building of heroes. I dig it. It requires more trust and emotional investment than stand-alone 3-act good guy stories. Almost like a larger scale episodic story.
the senate explosion is a WRITING CHOICE, the writers had the choice to give us superman's goals, motives and actual insight into his character. BUT THEY CHOOSE TO BLOW EVERYONE UP. which is just sloppy, lazy, thoughtless writing. which is why this movie is so bad, the writers have the opportunity to give us something more, actually give us some insight into who superman is as a person and his relationship with the rest of the world but instead they opted for more cgi explosions and death. SUPERMAN IS DEAD AND WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHO HE WAS AS A PERSON. 

to quote a DC movie that's actually good, "you either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain". here we have a batman who has lived long enough to become a villain. he murders people in his way, he plots to murder fellow "heroes". even alfred references how bruce has turned dark over the years. THATS the batman you want to lead your franchise? a borderline psychotic murderer? 

90% of your arguments are dependant on them fixing things and clearing things up in future movies. that's not good writing, its just lazy. 

roll.gif
at building of heroes, they KILLED superman 

I think so as well. Other NTers aren't so optimistic, saying there will be a huge dip.

Nah, the movie's gonna be huge. From BoxOfficeMojo:

Saturday AM Update #2: Batman v Superman pulled in an estimated $67.2 million internationally on Friday for a total international cume of $115.3 million and global cume just shy of $200 million. The international total includes a $20 million opening day in China, the largest ever for a Warner Bros film; $9 million in the UK; $2.54 million in India; and $1.2 million in Japan. Additional international estimates will be available tomorrow morning, with actuals rolling in over the course of the day on Monday.

Saturday AM Update #1: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice got off to a tremendous start on Friday, pulling in an estimated $82 million, which includes an impressive $27.7 million haul from Thursday previews. If the estimate holds it will be the fourth largest opening day of all-time, just ahead of the $81.9 million Jurassic World opened with last year. However, don't expect a $200+ million opening. The "B" CinemaScore, while not terrible, does suggest audience reaction is mixed and should result in notable drop on Saturday. As of now, rival studios are projecting an opening weekend anywhere from $165-172 million, which would make it the largest opening weekend for a movie based on a DC Comic property, largest March opening ever and place it within the top ten largest opening weekends of all-time.

I just remembered the Batmobile swerving into Supes that y'all were complaining about from the trailer. Now we know Batman didn't try to run him over, but Superman swooped down and got in his path.

Maybe that will make some people happy? :lol:
My favorite part was when he's driving back to the cave and you see sparks coming from the car :lol: Bats was pissed

i mean, either he's dead and all of what I said applies OR the entire end to the movie was even more meaningless than I thought it was

So either your initial post about dead Supes was meaningless OR you just willfully disregard what's happening in the series to post snarky responses.

giphy.gif

:rofl: at building of heroes, they KILLED superman 

You DO know he's not dead, right?
i mean, either he's dead and all of what I said applies OR the entire end to the movie was even more meaningless than I thought it was

What about Nick Fury and Agent Coulson though?

Superman sacrificed himself for humanity. Even if he comes back. We saw Coulson get impaled by Loki. Right through the heart and everything. As ridiculous as it sounds, Supes is an alien that has the ability to heal and gain power from the Earth's yellow sun. Coulson is a regular ol' human being.

So either your initial post about dead Supes was meaningless OR you just willfully disregard what's happening in the series to post snarky responses.

no, you never addressed the overall point of superman not having a defined character. because you cant without writing more fan fiction

I'm sticking to events that happened in the movie I watched you are writing fan fiction to explain things that the filmmakers made no effort at all to explain

you claim that I cant compare these characters to past versions when 90% of your arguments are explaining non existent character motivations and plotholes by saying "based on the comics" and "they will address that in later movies". 

stop your fanboying and look at this movie for what it is, a bunch of characters with poorly thought out motivations in a paper thin plot. 

roll.gif
at building of heroes, they KILLED superman 

You DO know he's not dead, right?
What about Nick Fury and Agent Coulson though?

Superman sacrificed himself for humanity. Even if he comes back. We saw Coulson get impaled by Loki. Right through the heart and everything. As ridiculous as it sounds, Supes is an alien that has the ability to heal and gain power from the Earth's yellow sun. Coulson is a regular ol' human being.
the biggest complaint people have with marvel movies is that there's no tension when someone dies because we all know they are coming back 
laugh.gif

not exactly something DC should be rushing to copy. 

what's the emotional impact of killing superman when you basically tell the audience that he's coming back in the last scene of the movie? dudes walking out of the theater thinking "they killed superman but whatever, he will be back" 

Just saw in the Marvel thread Zik said he hasn't even seen this, yet he's posted how many times ragging on it?
:smh:
You should probably actually read my posts and comprehend them.

Since the movie has come out I haven't posted anything ragging on it. Notice my review hasn't been posted or even a rating :lol:

I've just been replying to other posts, asking questions cuz I don't mind being spoiled, talking about Snyder, and the overall attempt of building a DC cinematic universe. I aint say **** about the movie itself. You couldn't find a post since Thursday where I have.

If you think my posts so far have been ragging on it, you in for something else whenever I get around to seeing it and I think the movie sucks but like I said in that thread, not even looking forward to it.

The audacity of trying to come at me for ragging on this movie :smh: Don't confuse me posting a lot for anything other than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom