DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

i dont even think batman killing bad guys is a big deal

but how on earth is it acceptable for our hero batman to look at superman, someone who most of the world regards as a hero, and set out to kill him without ever even attempting to get to know him as a person.

there is killing bad guys who are clearly doing bad things, and there's plotting to murder someone who is widely regarded as a hero just because of how powerful he is without even bothering to get to know him. 

this was not your average batman having something under his sleeve to beat superman incase he tries to abuse his powers. this is batman actively hunting down a man who never did anything to warrant being executed. 

so I understand his reasoning, but it makes no sense to me. 
^^^^^^^^^^^

Collateral damage from movie one is not a good enough reason.

I'm glad a movie finally addressee the issue but man...

Last edited:
I think realistically he had no idea what doomsday was going to turn out to be. Which again raises the question, if he wants to kill superman because he can't handle being in a world where one man is so powerful, why create another God? Then going by what happened in the movie, lex would have been killed instantly if it wasn't for superman blocking the punch.

I'm not saying he didn't have a plan at all, I'm saying the movie made no effort to show that he had a well thought out plan and strongly suggested that without superman being there doomsday would have killed lex and went on to destroy the world.

So you can come up with what basically amounts to fan fiction on what lex was trying to do but seeing that there is nothing in the actual movie to suggest that he had things undercontrol, can you really consider this a well written story?

Maybe it's a parable for man's inability to maintain control? That's one of the overarching themes of these movies, isn't it? Man's desire (and failure) to control gods?
Again, this would be a valid explanation if they took the time to develop the theme.

The only time this movie slowed down and had a chance at digging into the theme of man trying to control God resulted in a big explosion and everyone dying before superman even said a word

Dear God, where does seamanup get all the energy ?!???!?

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm glad he's on #teamcap

I'm gun need you on May 6th :smokin

Masterzik and Jays25 may write more in a single post but you can keep posting and posting and posting and posting
kobesystem :pimp:  

but come may 6th hopefully I'll be agreeing with zik and jay on how dope the movie was 
THAT I have no doubt about.

We not gonna be spending time with a it was trash vs. it was good.

It'll just be hammering down how Cap (and co.) took his L :lol: :nerd:
most here wanted this movie to be epic. not ok, good or great. epic. anything less than epic and here we are.
Basically, while I wasn't sold in rushing in to this movie. It's still Superman vs. Batman. I want World's Finest greatness.
2.5/8....
View media item 1967748
Says a lot.
Those pants look painted on. The front view is probably even better.
:lol: I legit thought dude posted a pic of Amy Adams with no pants on for a sec.

I'm late but at first I hated Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor then I heard that he wasn't even playing the Llex Luthor we know. It's Lex Luthors son. Do people still feel disappointed even if they know that's the son?

If this would've been Lex Luthor I definitely would've wanted Michael Rosenbaum to play him.

If Voldemort looked like Ashley Greene, I would've been a Death Eater, tryna maim muggles with no remorse, Avada Kedavra and all that.

Last edited:
"if there is even a 1% chance we have to treat it as an absolute certainty" :rofl:

if that passes for a legitimate reason for you then good for you. I think it's terrible writing that doesnt make much sense.

and two movies from two iconic franchises about their two headlining heros fighting eachother are coming out in the span of 2 months. of course the two movies are going to be compared. but regardless of that, anything brought up as an example of why something can be better is relevant, as it is an example of how it is possible to tell a good story with many of the same elements. "that's irrelevant" is just lazy talk for people who are not capable of articulating coherent counterpoints. 

He said he fought crime in Gotham for 20 years. He's seen good guys go bad. This version of grumpy Bat has clearly had it with people. Superman might be good now but what happens later? This is a guy with enough power to destroy the world or enslave mankind if he wanted to. This isn't some normal criminal or a corrupt politician. That seems like a legit reason to me. Why would you wait until he goes 100% evil when the risk is that large?

He flew across the world and killed some dude for Lois Lane. What would he do if he couldn't save her? Or if he keeps feeling the pressure to be perfect after 10-15 years and snaps? Batman prepped for 2 years and made his move when he was ready.

Batman is killing people man.....

I'm gonna go back and read this thread but what's the general consensus about this movie.

People keep saying he killed people, but who do we actually see get killed? I presume anyone who was in the car that he turned into a giant ball-n-chain during the Batmobile chase scene, but the dude he knifed took it in the shoulder, not the heart, right? I guess the Russian's death is on him for knocking the hose off the gas tank? But I feel that's the kind of thing Batman does. He doesn't kill you himself, but if you're dunb enough to put yourself in a situation where you're going to kill people and your plan backfires and kills yourself, he ain't going out of his way to save you, especially if there are innocents that he can save (MARTHA!) instead.

I'm gonna go back and read this thread but what's the general consensus about this movie.

People keep saying he killed people, but who do we actually see get killed? I presume anyone who was in the car that he turned into a giant ball-n-chain during the Batmobile chase scene, but the dude he knifed took it in the shoulder, not the heart, right? I guess the Russian's death is on him for knocking the hose off the gas tank? But I feel that's the kind of thing Batman does. He doesn't kill you himself, but if you're dunb enough to put yourself in a situation where you're going to kill people and your plan backfires and kills yourself, he ain't going out of his way to save you, especially if there are innocents that he can save (MARTHA!) instead.
He destroyed several Carl's with people and shot up the perimeter of the building when saving Martha.

He Swiss cheesed the entire troop of bad guys outside the building when saving supermans mom

His entire story arc was about plotting to kill superman who is widely regarded as a hero. Like not create a solution to stop superman if he turns evil but to flat out hunt him down and kill him while he's still a good guy.

Went through the last few pages :lol: lot of takes hot warm and cold

After sleeping on it, I did overall enjoy it.

-Affleck was great, very smooth as Bruce. The more brutal TDK batman was fun to watch. But I swear I remember him using guns in the comic :lol:
-Irons as the snappier Alfred was a welcome surprise. -The idea of superman questioning his purpose on earth was good but like others said it literally blew up without explanation :lol:.
-hated Luthor, no idea what he was doing aside trying to put superman vs batman for whatever reason "destroy the gods". Essentially a bootleg Joker, meh
-I thought it was all over the place in terms of story and continuity
-those dreams/flashbacks/flash forwards threw me off every time
-some plot holes like superman not straight up yelling "BRO HE HAS MY MOM!" etc but those have been covered ad nauseum here already :lol:

it wasn't terrible, a little messy at times but I liked it

Me and my friends watched it in IMAX, when we were walking out there was a big crowd/line for the next showing and I immediately thought of the Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge walk out of RotJ and homer says out loud that DV was Luke's father and saying
"WOW I CANT BELIEVE SUPERMAN DIED!"
:lol: but I'm not a scumbag

"if there is even a 1% chance we have to treat it as an absolute certainty" :rofl:

if that passes for a legitimate reason for you then good for you. I think it's terrible writing that doesnt make much sense.

and two movies from two iconic franchises about their two headlining heros fighting eachother are coming out in the span of 2 months. of course the two movies are going to be compared. but regardless of that, anything brought up as an example of why something can be better is relevant, as it is an example of how it is possible to tell a good story with many of the same elements. "that's irrelevant" is just lazy talk for people who are not capable of articulating coherent counterpoints. 

He said he fought crime in Gotham for 20 years. He's seen good guys go bad. This version of grumpy Bat has clearly had it with people. Superman might be good now but what happens later? This is a guy with enough power to destroy the world or enslave mankind if he wanted to. This isn't some normal criminal or a corrupt politician. That seems like a legit reason to me. Why would you wait until he goes 100% evil when the risk is that large?

He flew across the world and killed some dude for Lois Lane. What would he do if he couldn't save her? Or if he keeps feeling the pressure to be perfect after 10-15 years and snaps? Batman prepped for 2 years and made his move when he was ready.
Then why doesn't he try to kill Wonder Woman? What if she goes evil in the future? It's better to kill her now right?

Basically kill anyone who is powerful enough to cause mass destruction even if they have no intentions on causing mass distraction. Don't even bother having a conversation with this person to get a better understanding of who he is. HE MUST DIE NOW!!!1!

Batman clearly had a personal, selfish issue with Superman. He used the 1% thing as his reasoning to Alfred, but you have to know its personal based on the opening sequence. That's what that set up.

Last edited:
Then why doesn't he try to kill Wonder Woman? What if she goes evil in the future? It's better to kill her now right?

Basically kill anyone who is powerful enough to cause mass destruction even if they have no intentions on causing mass distraction. Don't even bother having a conversation with this person to get a better understanding of who he is. HE MUST DIE NOW!!!1!

Don't think they ever showed WW's power prior to the Doomsday fight, did they? Just that she was around in 1918 fighting for the allies, right? So Bats wouldn't think she was nearly as dangerous as Supes at that point.

-some plot holes like superman not straight up yelling "BRO HE HAS MY MOM!" etc but those have been covered ad nauseum here already :lol:

I know they wanted to make that connection but seriously, who refers to their mom by their first name.

-some plot holes like superman not straight up yelling "BRO HE HAS MY MOM!" etc but those have been covered ad nauseum here already
laugh.gif
I know they wanted to make that connection but seriously, who refers to their mom by their first name.
They wanted to desperately make the connection.

Remember the scene where Batfleck visits his parents' graves (and sees the Parademon)? They show Martha Wayne's name, but his dad's is blurred out.

Last edited:

Even Snyder has said Batman is a manslaughterer. That implies ppl died due to his actions i.e. they were killed.

He knew Bats was Bruce Wayne, and being the world's most famous orphan of murdered parents Supes would also know the name "Martha" would mean a lot to him. Also, if he said "my mom" Bats might be like "Aw hell no... there's more of you kryptonians here???"

To be sure he meant HIS mom? :lol: I'll admit I pulled a weebay gif in the theater when I realized they had the same name

Another thing that bugged me was that apparently Gotham and Metropolis are across a bay from each other?

Don't think they ever showed WW's power prior to the Doomsday fight, did they? Just that she was around in 1918 fighting for the allies, right? So Bats wouldn't think she was nearly as dangerous as Supes at that point.
she may not be superman but she's still a fine as hell 134 year old, his detective senses should have been saying "HOW SWAY?" 

at the end of the day, no matter how you want to rationalise it, it totally makes sense for batman to create weapons that can kill superman but it makes no sense at all for him to actively hunt superman down and try to murder him without even putting any effort into trying to understand him 

Back
Top Bottom