DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Depends on who ends up directing it.

I think the super grim dark theme is more of a snider thing than a dc thing.

If you look at marvel movies, the themes of the movies always match the directors they pick to direct the movie. A comedy director for Antman, a horror director for dr strange, etc. Same with Star Wars with JJ being used for a fun throwback feel and now Ryan Johnson for a darker ESB like follow up.

I doubt all dc movies are going to be this dark. These other directors are not Zachary snider

Isn't Snyder and his wife in basiacally the Kevin Faige role for the DC universe. Isn't he going to have creative imput on all the films?

Thats what I worried about, I've seen him misread Batman and Superman next up we have a grim dark flash who leaves craters of destruction in his wake.
Yeah but at this point I'm giving the sinders the benefit of the doubt that they will let their directors implant their personal vision and style into the movies. If they are super hands on like what happened to fantastic 4 then the DCU is screwed

Nolan's name isn't attached to this movie, so doubtful he'll be moving forward.

Last edited:
Movie making bread. It's sold out everywhere.

$82 mil domestic yesterday and Thurs. That's Jurassic World #s. Speaking of which, how on earth did that PoS get great reviews and make a butt-ton of $$$??? I find it personally insulting that movie is one of the highest-grossing films of all time. It was atrocious. So I'll find it ironic if BvS, which obviously has plenty of haters, ends up making that kind of $$$.

Saw the movie today.... IT WAS ******* AWESOME.

I loved it. I'll give it a 9/10.

Only thing I didnt like was Doomsday.. that part kinda dragged on a little. But everything else was good.

main things i liked:

-The camera work was awesome. esp in the beginning when Bruce's parents were murdered

-The music/soundtrack. Esp when Wonderwoman comes in

-Ben Affleck... KILLED IT as Batman... Way better than Christian Bale

-Henry Cavill as Superman.. he killed it as well. 

-Fight scene between batman and superman was awesome.

IDK what these critics are smoking but dont let them dissuade you from watching the movie... I personally loved it.

Nolan's name isn't attached to this movie, so doubtful he'll be moving forward.

I thought the same too, but he and his wife are executive producers. I don't think they have any real creative input though.

Who's his wife? I saw his name as a exec prod in the open and thought he was still helping steer the ship. Can't imagine WB would give the whole universe's keys to Snyder with his hit-n-miss track record. They'd be better served handing the keys to Berlanti and Kreisberg. Those guys are magic.

I'm reading through pgs catching up (pretty sure I've read all the posts since the movie dropped), sea manup is going IN :lol: :rofl:

Every detail possible.

Movie making bread. It's sold out everywhere.

$82 mil domestic yesterday and Thurs. That's Jurassic World #s. Speaking of which, how on earth did that PoS get great reviews and make a butt-ton of $$$??? I find it personally insulting that movie is one of the highest-grossing films of all time. It was atrocious. So I'll find it ironic if BvS, which obviously has plenty of haters, ends up making that kind of $$$.
Jurassic world was a decent dumb action movie. Turn the logical side of your brain off and enjoy the effects type movie with a likeable lead

Watched an interview with zachs wife and she talked about what "we" were doing for suicide squad so it seems like she has a hand in all DCU content

Jurassic world was a decent dumb action movie. Turn the logical side of your brain off and enjoy the effects type movie with a likeable lead

Oh yeah, Star Lord rules. But I just wanted to see the dinosaurs eat and/or disembowel literally every other human being--man, woman and child--on that island during that movie.

My issue w/ the whole "turn off your brain before entering the theater" is that they spent an hour setting up a story in BvS. Batman and Superman didn't even fight until a good hour plus into the film. I mean, why bother setting up all these side plots and asking these ethical/moral questions, when you're just going to abandon it in the end?

Last edited:
My issue w/ the whole "turn off your brain before entering the theater" is that they spent an hour setting up a story in BvS. Batman and Superman didn't even fight until a good hour plus into the film. I mean, why bother setting up all these side plots and asking these ethical/moral questions, when you're just going to abandon it in the end?

It wasn't even about setting up the story. The first hour was pretty much filler, to be honest.

My issue w/ the whole "turn off your brain before entering the theater" is that they spent an hour setting up a story in BvS. Batman and Superman didn't even fight until a good hour plus into the film. I mean, why bother setting up all these side plots and asking these ethical/moral questions, when you're just going abandon it in the end?
Exactly. This movie was made to be taken seriously. You can't use "turn off your brain and don't take this serious" logic for a movie where they made a point to not have any jokes with two leads that are always serious and mad.

My issue w/ the whole "turn off your brain before entering the theater" is that they spent an hour setting up a story in BvS. Batman and Superman didn't even fight until a good hour plus into the film. I mean, why bother setting up all these side plots and asking these ethical/moral questions, when you're just going abandon it in the end?

I think the ethical/moral questions are actually the basis of the whole DCCU. While Marvel is finally getting into that now w/ Civil War, these movies are using it as the whole framework on which to judge the heroes and villains. Heck, even Lex thinks what he's doing is right, if only to keep 'power' in the hands of humans (especially himself), rather than in the hands of potentially world-destroying god-like aliens.

Too bad Darlseid's coming. Cuz we all f'd.

3289888-legion.jpg

I think the ethical/moral questions are actually the basis of the whole DCCU. While Marvel is finally getting into that now w/ Civil War, these movies are using it as the whole framework on which to judge the heroes and villains. Heck, even Lex thinks what he's doing is right, if only to keep 'power' in the hands of humans (especially himself), rather than in the hands of potentially world-destroying god-like aliens.

Too bad Darlseid's coming. Cuz we all f'd.

3289888-legion.jpg
Sorry but could you explain how creating doomsday follows the logic of lex Luthor you just mentioned?

Isn't creating an uncontrollable beast the exact opposite of taking control?

We all knew this was coming though. Some people in here have been throwing shade for the last 3 years and more than likely psyched themselves out before the movie released. They were never going to like it.

This isn't an abysmal movie. I enjoyed it, but I can see how some won't like it. At the very least it is an average to above average film. This isn't Catwoman, Fant4stic, or a Rob Schneider film. The criticism seems more acrimonious than it does constructive at this point.
put that on the blu ray cover

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice 

"This isn't a Rob Schneider film"
- NTer 
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Would you guys prefer for a Teen Titans movie or for them to keep the Cyborg movie? My niece would love to see Starfire and Raven.
Still don't believe they're doing that Cyborg movie. Not solo. They gonna add in the Metal Men and/or Doom Patrol to justify that.

Really wish they would've chosen my guy MM in stead of Vic. The tone of the DCEU is perfect for his character
Aint it the truth :smh:

Last edited:
Sorry but could you explain how creating doomsday follows the logic of lex Luthor you just mentioned?

Isn't creating an uncontrollable beast the exact opposite of taking control?

Not sure if Lex ever thought Doomsday was going to be uncontrollable, actually. Especually since he was, as he said, "blood of (his) blood". And since he knew the secrets of kryptonite, he probably figured he could alwa6s use that to drop Doomsday if he wasn't under his control.

Back
Top Bottom