DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Dear God, where does seamanup get all the energy ?!???!?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I'm glad he's on #teamcap

I'm gun need you on May 6th
smokin.gif

Masterzik and Jays25 may write more in a single post but you can keep posting and posting and posting and posting
kobesystem 
pimp.gif

but come may 6th hopefully I'll be agreeing with zik and jay on how dope the movie was 

Last edited:
most here wanted this movie to be epic. not ok, good or great. epic. anything less than epic and here we are.

i dont even think batman killing bad guys is a big deal

but how on earth is it acceptable for our hero batman to look at superman, someone who most of the world regards as a hero, and set out to kill him without ever even attempting to get to know him as a person.

there is killing bad guys who are clearly doing bad things, and there's plotting to murder someone who is widely regarded as a hero just because of how powerful he is without even bothering to get to know him. 

this was not your average batman having something under his sleeve to beat superman incase he tries to abuse his powers. this is batman actively hunting down a man who never did anything to warrant being executed. 

so I understand his reasoning, but it makes no sense to me. 
I definitely respect that. I understand that perspective. Agree to disagree I suppose.

I'm actually pretty excited about most of the solo movies

WW for sure, gal looks great and has the screen presence down and I love period movies 

Batman has a high chance of being very good

Flash seems exciting, I've always been a fan of the storytelling potential of speedsters

Cyborg could be interesting even though the cameo effects in this movie reminded me of a CW show

I'm very interested in aquaman and how many actual scenes they will film underwater

I can't wait for Aquaman. Jason Mamoa.[emoji]128525[/emoji]

I want a Cyborg movie to be good, but man that character comes off as a snoozefest a lot of the time.

I'm super excited about the Bat, WW and Flash solo movies

I'm praying on my knees that Snyder touches none of them :x

We already know that Battfleck sounds like he's going to direct his movie himself, that good

I hear WW is being directed by some chick

Flash, I haven't heard anything. Loved Ezra Miller in the two movies I watched him in. His cameo in BvS was dope!!!

I don't give an F about Cyborg

Aquaman. Kinda want. Seems interesting.

The only one I'm worried about other than Justice League is flash.

A gritty dark grim flash would be a really really stupid idea.

Saw this again w/ my gf.. she legit said she loved the Momoa cameo, liked Eisenberg as Lex and thought Affleck wasn't that good. I had to dead the conversation on the spot to preserve our relationship. :lol:

I have to admit, I did like it better a second time around. As far as ratings go;

As a film,
- Wish I could say that the performances were "solid," but when two of the most important pieces (Lex and Supes') were subpar, hard to justify it
- Very good framing/cinematography
- Beautiful visuals
- Poor editing
- Certain story elements not fleshed out
- CGI quality degrades in the final act
- Disjointed storytelling
- Too many shoe-horned JL elements (similar to IM2, which I loathed)

I feel comfortable giving it a 5.5/8

With that said, I'll probably see it again tomorrow. I've been a huge film fanatic for about 15 years, but I've been a bigger Batman fan since '89, and the Batman/Bruce Wayne scenes were just too good.

Top posters in this thread. I just started posting on here. What is going on? :x

User Name
Master Zik
shogun
amel223
sunshineblotters
KingdomFlatbush
tay1
sea manup
beyondmeasure
Slighted
BLASTERCOMBO

Last edited:
I read Flash was supposed to bring some "lightness" to the JL movies. Guessing it will be the same in his solo movie.

The only one I'm worried about other than Justice League is flash.

A gritty dark grim flash would be a really really stupid idea.
Depends on who ends up directing it.

I think the super grim dark theme is more of a snider thing than a dc thing.

If you look at marvel movies, the themes of the movies always match the directors they pick to direct the movie. A comedy director for Antman, a horror director for dr strange, etc. Same with Star Wars with JJ being used for a fun throwback feel and now Ryan Johnson for a darker ESB like follow up.

I doubt all dc movies are going to be this dark. These other directors are not Zachary snider

CW's Flash is an excellent show. If they can improve on what the show does with Flash in JL, I will be satisfied.

If you look at marvel movies, the themes of the movies always match the directors they pick to direct the movie. A comedy director for Antman, a horror director for dr strange, etc. Same with Star Wars with JJ being used for a fun throwback feel and now Ryan Johnson for a darker ESB like follow up.

I doubt all dc movies are going to be this dark. These other directors are not Zachary snider

Isn't Snyder and his wife in basiacally the Kevin Faige role for the DC universe. Isn't he going to have creative imput on all the films?

Thats what I worried about, I've seen him misread Batman and Superman next up we have a grim dark flash who leaves craters of destruction in his wake.

Wait, that dream sequence where that cat came back though a portal to tell Bruce , that was flash?
It would all make sense . I was trying to understand his face, I sAw the suit but he had some sort of armor on .

Yea it was Flash going back in time. Who he was referring to in his warning is still up for interpretation for now
See I was confused about that. Thank you

Isn't Snyder and his wife in basiacally the Kevin Faige role for the DC universe. Isn't he going to have creative imput on all the films?

Thats what I worried about, I've seen him misread Batman and Superman next up we have a grim dark flash who leaves craters of destruction in his wake.
I'm not even a Snyder hater, but that made me cringe. :x

Last edited:

True. I'm sure Feige knows when to loosen the reins and when to be more hands on. Just hoping Snyder has a hands off approach when he oversees projects he's not personally directing.

Yea I was also looking forward to that congressional hearing scene only to have dude go all Michael Bay on us :rofl:. Definitely didn't expect that at all :lol:
To be fair, Snyder was classmates w/ Bay in the Art College in Pasadena, so God only knows how their group projects were. :lol:
Nothing but slow motion explosions :lol:
Don't be fooled by the massive opening weekend, that's expected given the 200 mill advertising budget.

lets see the drop off. because bad buzz has to put a dent into this thing. right?

if there is a big enough drop off maybe WB gets Snyder out tha paint?
While it'll drop off here in the states and maybe even in Europe, can't rely on China. They might not watch or go see it in droves regardless.

It'd take a lot to get Snyder out. Real under-performing.

Don't be fooled by the massive opening weekend, that's expected given the 200 mill advertising budget.

lets see the drop off. because bad buzz has to put a dent into this thing. right?

if there is a big enough drop off maybe WB gets Snyder out tha paint?

Possibly, but it looks like they gave him the keys already.

I don't know any possible replacements.
That's the other problem RFX alluded to. Nobody wants the job let alone being able to think of replacements :lol: :smh:

While I'm not fond of Snyder, I can't think of a director you specifically call in to fix this. Build it from the ground up? Sure there's names but course correct all this for the JL? Nah unless you're looking to totally bury Josh Trank :nerd: :lol:

Nah, I think the films are being Feige'd by Geoff Johns, David S. Goyer and Chris Nolan, aren't they? The Nolan/Goyer team keeps them dark, though I'm sure that Flash, Captain Marvel/Shazam and probably Cyborg will be on the lighter/brighter side. Even I'll be pissed if Flash's Central City is dark & gritty, lol.

Back
Top Bottom