DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I think the nitpicking is a bit much. It has felt a bit like a bash fest in here. Just saying.

Probably because I don't think the movie was half as bad as people are saying. I just spent a good half hour watching Daredevil. Now that is a bad superhero movie.
laugh.gif

I really don't get if people rate movies against one another or in a vacuum based on expectations. It's all expectation with this movie. This movie was better than TDKR IMO.
One of the guys talking **** hasn't even seen it yet.

2 others were predicting doom and gloom for months.

I mean.....
laugh.gif

We predicted it would be this way, it is.

Just read Manup say IM3 was a better movie. When Stark ditched his bulletproof suit in favor of a hoodie and some water balloons.

That was better than this, tho.
laugh.gif
please find a post of me predicting doom and gloom for months

i'll wait. 

IM3 had a consistant tone, pacing and focused on the core story. it was a terrible story but at least it was coherent 

Superman's motivations are a result of Batman's fear and concerns and Lex's puppeteering. Batman initiates the fight. Batman saw two aliens fight and wasn't confident that the winner couldn't be a potential threat to humanity. Historically Batman has always had trust issues. This is the same guy who made a contingency plan to neutralize every member of the Justice League. His damn teammates.

Batman did change his tune very fast. I agree. I took it like he just had an epiphany after Lois explained what Supes was trying to say when Lex had Ma Kent.
sure, but what are his motivations?

like from begging to end of this movie, what did superman want what was he trying to accomplish? 

IF HE HAS TRUST ISSUES WHY DOES HE INSTANTLY TRUST WW AND GIVE HER ALL THE SUPERHERO FILES??

She gave the stolen files back to him after she couldn't decrypt them. Once he found out she was a meta-human and Lex had confidential information on other meta-humans, he realized she wasn't his enemy and was just trying to retrieve the same thing from Lex that he was.

1% chance, treat it as absolute certainty is perfect reasoning from a weathered 20 year vet of crime fighting and protection.

If there is a 1% chance someone can rob you blind, lock your doors.

Keeping the world safe, from a God, little more dangerous 1% than protecting your tv's and dishes.

But yeah, terrible writing, sure.
you think fast are furious movies are better than mad max tho

your opinions on movies are on par with antidope 

Superman's motivations are a result of Batman's fear and concerns and Lex's puppeteering. Batman initiates the fight. Batman saw two aliens fight and wasn't confident that the winner couldn't be a potential threat to humanity. Historically Batman has always had trust issues. This is the same guy who made a contingency plan to neutralize every member of the Justice League. His damn teammates.

Batman did change his tune very fast. I agree. I took it like he just had an epiphany after Lois explained what Supes was trying to say when Lex had Ma Kent.

like from begging to end of this movie, what did superman want what was he trying to accomplish? 

IF HE HAS TRUST ISSUES WHY DOES HE INSTANTLY TRUST WW AND GIVE HER ALL THE SUPERHERO FILES??

She gave the stolen files back to him after she couldn't decrypt them. Once he found out she was a meta-human and Lex had confidential information on other meta-humans, he realized she wasn't his enemy and was just trying to retrieve the same thing from Lex that he was.

He wants yamz

Last edited:
1% chance, treat it as absolute certainty is perfect reasoning from a weathered 20 year vet of crime fighting and protection.

Keeping the world safe, from a God, little more dangerous 1% than protecting your tv's and dishes.

He has a point though. That's how I took the line too. It made perfect sense to me in the moment.

I can play this game too.

Show me where I say FF is better than Max?

Entertaining, I enjoy, sure, better? Where I say that?

You're making **** up now.

why does her being a metahuman make her not the enemy? especially when he spends all movie trying to kill someone purely because he is so much more powerful than an average human?

how were they trying to retrieve the same thing? he was looking for the white russian 

I can't understand why Bruce Wayne would want ultimate protection over the planet from a God that might flip a switch and turn on the world....

But I understand why Mad Max needs water without speaking.

:lol:

why does her being a metahuman make her not the enemy? especially when he spends all movie trying to kill someone purely because he is so much more powerful than an average human?

how were they trying to retrieve the same thing? he was looking for the white russian 

Yeah, that's my bad. He was looking for the white Portuguese because of the kryptonite. He found the meta-human files as a by product of that.

Last edited:

@@@sea manup go rewatch the movie bro.
laugh.gif
why would I do that to myself? 
sick.gif
'Cause most of it went over your head.
answer my simple questions then
Which one? I might not be able to because the movie didn't answer every question.
laugh.gif

I'm not saying the movie is perfect, but it's not a bad movie.
then what are you talking about that went over my head? 

[@=/u/85246/sea-manup]@@@sea manup[/@] go rewatch the movie bro.:lol:
why would I do that to myself? :x
'Cause most of it went over your head.
answer my simple questions then
Which one? I might not be able to because the movie didn't answer every question.:lol:

I'm not saying the movie is perfect, but it's not a bad movie.
then what are you talking about that went over my head? 
It just seems like you didn't understand a lot like Batman's reasoning.

I didn't mean to come off as brash. Forgot to throw and :lol: at the end.:lol:

But really, I think if you watch again with an open mind some of it would make more sense to you.

i dont even think batman killing bad guys is a big deal

but how on earth is it acceptable for our hero batman to look at superman, someone who most of the world regards as a hero, and set out to kill him without ever even attempting to get to know him as a person.

there is killing bad guys who are clearly doing bad things, and there's plotting to murder someone who is widely regarded as a hero just because of how powerful he is without even bothering to get to know him. 

this was not your average batman having something under his sleeve to beat superman incase he tries to abuse his powers. this is batman actively hunting down a man who never did anything to warrant being executed. 

so I understand his reasoning, but it makes no sense to me. 

Dear God, where does seamanup get all the energy ?!???!?

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm glad he's on #teamcap

I'm gun need you on May 6th :smokin

Masterzik and Jays25 may write more in a single post but you can keep posting and posting and posting and posting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom