DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Sorry but could you explain how creating doomsday follows the logic of lex Luthor you just mentioned?

Isn't creating an uncontrollable beast the exact opposite of taking control?

Not sure if Lex ever thought Doomsday was going to be uncontrollable, actually. Especually since he was, as he said, "blood of (his) blood". And since he knew the secrets of kryptonite, he probably figured he could alwa6s use that to drop Doomsday if he wasn't under his control.
I think realistically he had no idea what doomsday was going to turn out to be. Which again raises the question, if he wants to kill superman because he can't handle being in a world where one man is so powerful, why create another God? Then going by what happened in the movie, lex would have been killed instantly if it wasn't for superman blocking the punch.

I'm not saying he didn't have a plan at all, I'm saying the movie made no effort to show that he had a well thought out plan and strongly suggested that without superman being there doomsday would have killed lex and went on to destroy the world.

So you can come up with what basically amounts to fan fiction on what lex was trying to do but seeing that there is nothing in the actual movie to suggest that he had things undercontrol, can you really consider this a well written story?

I don't care how much you try to dress down Diane Lane, she still looks fine a hell. When WW asked Bats' where he was and he said, "I was busy," we all know what he was doing. :pimp:

I agree the superman character was
Boring ...even his important lines "when u see the light don't go to it" very blasé

Sorry but could you explain how creating doomsday follows the logic of lex Luthor you just mentioned?

Isn't creating an uncontrollable beast the exact opposite of taking control?
Not sure if Lex ever thought Doomsday was going to be uncontrollable, actually. Especually since he was, as he said, "blood of (his) blood". And since he knew the secrets of kryptonite, he probably figured he could alwa6s use that to drop Doomsday if he wasn't under his control.
I think realistically he had no idea what doomsday was going to turn out to be. Which again raises the question, if he wants to kill superman because he can't handle being in a world where one man is so powerful, why create another God? Then going by what happened in the movie, lex would have been killed instantly if it wasn't for superman blocking the punch.

I'm not saying he didn't have a plan at all, I'm saying the movie made no effort to show that he had a well thought out plan and strongly suggested that without superman being there doomsday would have killed lex and went on to destroy the world.

So you can come up with what basically amounts to fan fiction on what lex was trying to do but seeing that there is nothing in the actual movie to suggest that he had things undercontrol, can you really consider this a well written story?
This is where they really goofed on Lex.

Historically, Lex is very cunning, ruthless, and always one step ahead. Add to the fact that Supes has a no-kill policy and it's why Lex is Supes' Joker.

I just watched the movie. If they used the real Lex from Smallville (Michael Rosenbaum) this would of been a 9/10. As it stands it was about a 7.8/10. If they used Ashley Greene for Lois it would of been a 10/10.

Ashley-Greene-aka-Alice-Cullen-twilighters-35891301-1200-1150.jpg

michael_rosenbaum.jpg

Best Lex scene ever:

It is unbelievable to me how much shade is being thrown at this movie. It was excellent, except for Lex and the Zod nonsense. They made a realistic world for Supes and Bat. That is by itself a film marvel. The way it was shot was excellent too. Also, they didn't waste any time with the let's not kill people garbage that usually goes on. It was gritty, to the point and solid. Could a better story etc been written? Sure, but the lack of cheesiness more than made up for it.

Also, Wonder Woman was legit. Having a WNBA player in the league seemed like a terrible idea but she was sexy, classy, and pulled off her role flawlessly.

Maybe it's a parable for man's inability to maintain control? That's one of the overarching themes of these movies, isn't it? Man's desire (and failure) to control gods?

Rosenbaum would of killed it.

I didn't mind eisenberg. He didn't do anything spectacular. I see it as him still developing.

Batman is killing people man.....

I'm gonna go back and read this thread but what's the general consensus about this movie.

Teri Hatcher was by far the best Lois Lane. She set the template - bouncy, confident, intelligent, fun but serious. Adams is weaksauce - she's a stressed out white girl that keeps getting in over her head.

Back
Top Bottom