DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

He knew Bats was Bruce Wayne, and being the world's most famous orphan of murdered parents Supes would also know the name "Martha" would mean a lot to him. Also, if he said "my mom" Bats might be like "Aw hell no... there's more of you kryptonians here???"

Supes becomes a lil smarty pants when he needs to.

Based on all of the individual reviews in this thread, it actually seems like more people enjoyed it or viewed it in a somewhat favorable light. It's really just three dudes throwing shade and they're doing it consecutively so it seems like they're louder.

But we won't know definitively until RFX posts that poll
nerd.gif

Last edited:
she may not be superman but she's still a fine as hell 134 year old, his detective senses should have been saying "HOW SWAY?" 

at the end of the day, no matter how you want to rationalise it, it totally makes sense for batman to create weapons that can kill superman but it makes no sense at all for him to actively hunt superman down and try to murder him without even putting any effort into trying to understand him 

Well, tbh Bats has never really oozed empathy, especially Frank Miller's Bats

Based on all of the individual reviews in this thread, it actually seems like more people enjoyed it or viewed it in a somewhat favorable light. It's really just three dudes throwing shade and they're doing it consecutively so it seems like they're louder.

But we won't know definitively until RFX posts that poll :nerd:  

Yyyyyep

she may not be superman but she's still a fine as hell 134 year old, his detective senses should have been saying "HOW SWAY?" 

at the end of the day, no matter how you want to rationalise it, it totally makes sense for batman to create weapons that can kill superman but it makes no sense at all for him to actively hunt superman down and try to murder him without even putting any effort into trying to understand him 
Well, tbh Bats has never really oozed empathy, especially Frank Miller's Bats
but there's a difference between not oozing empathy and plotting to murder someone in cold blood 
laugh.gif

these are supposed to be superHEROES

you have one guy spending all movie plotting to murder what is supposed to be the goody two shoes boy scout of DC, and is willing to kill anyone who stands in his way

and the goody two shoes boyscout only caring about saving his girlfriend, his first action scene results him killing a guy to save lois, his second action scene results in the bad guys getting away because he stops batman, his third action scene is fighting batman and then he fights doomsday

I honestly dont see how you can call either of these guys a hero 
laugh.gif

-some plot holes like superman not straight up yelling "BRO HE HAS MY MOM!" etc but those have been covered ad nauseum here already
laugh.gif
I know they wanted to make that connection but seriously, who refers to their mom by their first name.
To be sure he meant HIS mom?
laugh.gif
I'll admit I pulled a weebay gif in the theater when I realized they had the same name

Another thing that bugged me was that apparently Gotham and Metropolis are across a bay from each other?
Correct, you check out that Wayne helicopter at the beginning of the movie?

smokin.gif

but there's a difference between not oozing empathy and plotting to murder someone in cold blood :lol:

you have one guy spending all movie plotting to murder what is supposed to be the goody two shoes boy scout of DC, and is willing to kill anyone who stands in his way

and the goody two shoes boyscout only caring about saving his girlfriend, his first action scene results him killing a guy to save lois, his second action scene results in the bad guys getting away because he stops batman, his third action scene is fighting batman and then he fights doomsday

I honestly dont see how you can call either of these guys a hero :lol:

That's if you're going by a biography of Supes that hasn't been established from these movies. This isn't Richard Donner's Supes. It's not Siegel & Shuster's Supes. It's a DCCU Supes who's not necessarily the Big Blue Boy Scout. He has thousands of deaths on his hands based on the result of his fight with Zod. He's torn between doing right and not being ostracized from the only world he has left. He tried to do right in stopping Zod, and people feared him.

Basically, you can't view these films through a prism of all past Bats/Supes stories. You have to view them as stand-alone stories built upon specific (DKR, Doomsday) storylines. You'll tie yourself in knots trying to put them in context of anything else, including the traditional views of both heroes.

michael_rosenbaum.jpg

Best Lex scene ever:

I co-sign with you BUT I also disagree at the same time

The best Lex scene from Smallville...........happened to be his very last scene of them all

That was the very definition of both Rosenbaum and Welling as their portrayals of Lex Luthor and Clark Kent, and they executed it perfectly at the end of the series

I co-sign with you BUT I also disagree at the same time

The best Lex scene from Smallville...........happened to be his very last scene of them all

That was the very definition of both Rosenbaum and Welling as their portrayals of Lex Luthor and Clark Kent, and they executed it perfectly at the end of the series

Man, I gotta finally get around to watching the last two seasons of this show. I know that's when it finally got closer to the comics, but for some reason I just never got to finishing it of. Tom Welling was such a great Clark. Damn shame he refused to wear the cape. He'd have been a perfect Superman, too.

but there's a difference between not oozing empathy and plotting to murder someone in cold blood 
laugh.gif

I honestly dont see how you can call either of these guys a hero 
laugh.gif
That's if you're going by a biography of Supes that hasn't been established from these movies. This isn't Richard Donner's Supes. It's not Siegel & Shuster's Supes. It's a DCCU Supes who's not necessarily the Big Blue Boy Scout. He has thousands of deaths on his hands based on the result of his fight with Zod. He's torn between doing right and not being ostracized from the only world he has left. He tried to do right in stopping Zod, and people feared him.

Basically, you can't view these films through a prism of all past Bats/Supes stories. You have to view them as stand-alone stories built upon specific (DKR, Doomsday) storylines. You'll tie yourself in knots trying to put them in context of anything else, including the traditional views of both heroes.
but in the context of the DCU movies, superman's character is basically nothing (what does he stand for? what does he want to accomplish?) and batman is low key a villain. I'm sorry but that's just a terrible direction to take your two headliners that are about to start your multi billion dollar movie universe. Judging purely off the lex luthor we were presented with in this movie, he seemed like a mentally unstable psychopath that did things seemingly at random. if you take away the core of what these characters should be and only look at what we are presented in this movie then that's even more shallow. 

were they actually attempting to make a super hero movie without any heroes? 

Same dudes

Truuue...

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2635091

If you were in any doubt whatsoever about the fact that the character design has been stolen from DC's Darkseid then below is a quote from Jim Starlin (creator of Thanos) describing the moment that Roy Thomas (Editor at Marvel) just straight up told him to steal from Darkseid...

Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said: "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!"

I still enjoyed the film, but almost every single scene was shown in the trailers or or commercials.

You can easily make the film out of those :lol:

Only thing that wasn't shown was the JL scene, and Flash scene. But every scene was shown. I hated that... Took away some of the wow factor.

but in the context of the DCU movies, superman's character is basically nothing (what does he stand for? what does he want to accomplish?) and batman is low key a villain. I'm sorry but that's just a terrible direction to take your two headliners that are about to start your multi billion dollar movie universe. Judging purely off the lex luthor we were presented with in this movie, he seemed like a mentally unstable psychopath that did things seemingly at random. if you take away the core of what these characters should be and only look at what we are presented in this movie then that's even more shallow. 

were they actually attempting to make a super hero movie without any heroes? 

I find them heroic, but flawed and imperfect ones. For Supes we saw how his upbringing and his battles in MoS may have led him to being more tentative. Then when he went to actually explain himself to the Senate panel on Caiptol Hill... BOOM. How many people were killed just because he decided to heed the call of Congress? I could imagine if he thinks "Damn, I just can't catch a break" at this point.

As for Bats, other than his parents' murders and the deaths of his friends and employees in the Zod fight, his background is more implied as of now. We presume Robin was killed by Joker (I honestly didn't even catch that was a Robin suit at the time), and he's seen some REAL **** in 20 years of fighting crime, but I think we're gonna see flashbacks in the solo Bats movie that'll show it's been even worse than we can imagine. And then when you add in the Knightmare prmonition of how bad it could all become, jeeez, Bats is looking at some literal hell on earth in his future when the Big Bad rolls into town.

These first two movies show the building of heroes. I dig it. It requires more trust and emotional investment than stand-alone 3-act good guy stories. Almost like a larger scale episodic story.

Was waiting for the batarangs...
If here to use combos like in the games :wow: :wow:

Using the batarangs and a few grappling pulldowns :wow:

Also in the trailer did he say I'm getting slow in my old age, but in the film did he say alfred is getting slow?

I still enjoyed the film, but almost every single scene was shown in the trailers or or commercials.

You can easily make the film out of those :lol:

Only thing that wasn't shown was the JL scene, and Flash scene. But every scene was shown. I hated that... Took away some of the wow factor.

I avoided almost every commercial, trailer, preview, promo, etc. for this, and it worked out great. Other than "Is she with you? I thought she was with you," I had no spoilers at all going in. It was like being back in the pre-internet '90s and it was glorious!

Back
Top Bottom