DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Welp....I didn't want to believe the chatter. It's true (not really since it's opinion) this was....not good. I enjoyed "300", loved "Watchmen","Man of Steel" wasn't bad either. But Zack's finger prints on this just wasn't enjoyable.

*Random scene, random scene, que dramatic music, unnecessary slow motion shot, more dramatic music*

Batman saving Martha fight scene > Batman V Superman fight scene. It felt like the Akrham video games. :smokin

Thought the movie was okay, I've definitely seen much worse comic movies (Fantastic Four and Iron Man 3 for example). Just the damn pacing was all over the place and the motives for each character were just lazy.

One question I had though

During that one dream sequence who was that yelling at Bruce before he woke up? If I can remember was he basically hinting that he needed to form a team?

This movies percentage on RT should at least be in the 50s btw
mean.gif

Its NOT a sub 30s movie :/
most film critics review movies based on the quality of filmmaking

this movie had a bunch of cool moments for comic fans but it fails on almost every aspect of filmmaking

Thought the movie was okay, I've definitely seen much worse comic movies (Fantastic Four and Iron Man 3 for example). Just the damn pacing was all over the place and the motives for each character were just lazy.

One question I had though

During that one dream sequence who was that yelling at Bruce before he woke up? If I can remember was he basically hinting that he needed to form a team?

Flash. Not sure if he used speedforce or a boomtube, tho. I wasn't sure, either. That scene could've used a closeup to be able to tell who he was for sure. But he called Bats "Bruce", and actually asked something like "Am I too early?" or something like that, which I thought was pretty cool.

Last edited:
I guess I did forget. Because I really don't remember you liking anything about BVS, but this thread's been up for nearly 3 years.

I remember you guys nitpicking the trailers though. Like Batman swerving into Supes for example.
I made fun of it cuz I found one hilarious. I wasn't like Bats swerved in to Supes like an idiot so this is going to be a terrible movie.

Just having some fun.

It's hard to tell the difference between for fun and trying to find things to complain about on a message board.

I just remember people going on about how it was stupid writing to have Batman try and run into Supes and wreck the Batmobile and how much money it would cost to repair it. :lol:

I guess I did forget. Because I really don't remember you liking anything about BVS, but this thread's been up for nearly 3 years.

I remember you guys nitpicking the trailers though. Like Batman swerving into Supes for example.
I made fun of it cuz I found one hilarious. I wasn't like Bats swerved in to Supes like an idiot so this is going to be a terrible movie.

Just having some fun.
It's hard to tell the difference between for fun and trying to find things to complain about on a message board.

I just remember people going on about how it was stupid writing to have Batman try and run into Supes and wreck the Batmobile and how much money it would cost to repair it.
laugh.gif
i dont remember anyone saying it was stupid

it was just funny because of how powerful superman seemed when compared to batman in that bit 

Just seen it, don't think it's as bad as the reviews are saying. Wasn't GREAT, yet, wasn't the worst superhero movie ever either.

Regarding the actually fight between Batman and Superman. Let's me real, if Superman wanted to kill him it would of happen in .1 seconds lol. He wanted just to "talk" Batman came with all the gadgets and tricks looking for the kill lol.

IM3 was a horrible movie in the way that I dislike a pizza topping. Trash topping, I don't want the pizza at all, but if I'm really hungry, I can just take the toppings off and eat it

BvS was horrible in the way that the pizza was burnt. Ain't no damn way I'm eating it. I'm going to another pizza joint.

#kanyeshrug

Did i just see some say IM3 was better than this movie?
sick.gif
FOH IM3 was ******* horrible. Ill never get those hours of my life back. That movie was so trash, my cousin sold a majority of his Ironman collection cause of that movie
laugh.gif

Batman & Robin was better than IM3...I hate that damn movie lol
what made IM3 bad was the choices the directors/screenwriters made, but it had good pacing, a clear character arc, some cleaver dialogue, ect. They tried something, executed it pretty well, just turns out what they tried ruined the entire movie. 

what makes BvS bad is the complete incompetence of the director and writers. They tried to tell their story, failed at making it flow, failed at making it make sense, failed at giving their characters meaningful story arcs, ect.

for the record: IM3 is total garbage, by far the worst MCU movie 

IM3 was a horrible movie in the way that I dislike a pizza topping. Trash topping, I don't want the pizza at all, but if I'm really hungry, I can just take the toppings off and eat it

BvS was horrible in the way that the pizza was burnt. Ain't no damn way I'm eating it. I'm going to another pizza joint.

#kanyeshrug
this is a good way to put it. 

I will give you some of your cold city reps back 

Last edited:
I want more of Supes from the premonition. Evil Supes is so terrifying. I'm hoping he comes back from the grave evil due to Doomsday leaving DNA in him(pause).

Edit: Or by Darkseid telekenisis.

Last edited:
I want more of Supes from the premonition. Evil Supes is so terrifying. I'm hoping he comes back from the grave evil due to Doomsday leaving DNA in him(pause).

I loved that Knightmare scene. Bats just manhandling those soldiers. Grabbing one guy and using him as a shield while countering the next guy, swiping his gun, popping the next guy, flipping the guy after that. Parademons flying around scooping people in the background. When Batman did the running suplex on the one guy and fought like 4 guys at once afterward. :wow:

The reception to this movie is basically Watchmen on a much grander scale. I remember Watchmen being polarizing with audiences. It was either they enjoyed it or hated it. But that's just Zack Snyder films post 300.

I'm back-and-forth with Snyder myself. I think he's good at certain things and maybe not so good at others. I wonder if DC and Snyder would consider co-directing a project in the future. Lessening his workload.

Last edited:
unless its a directing team like the coen bros, co-directing never works

the director is essentially the author of the movie, two authors trying to write the same book just doesn't work out unless you actually want a story with two distinct styles and voices. 

The reception to this movie is basically Watchmen on a much grander scale. I remember Watchmen being polarizing with audiences. It was either they enjoyed it or hated it. But that's just Zack Snyder films post 300.

I'm back-and-forth with Snyder myself. I think he's good at certain things and maybe not so good at others. I wonder if DC and Snyder would consider co-directing a project in the future. Lessening his workload.

I think Snyder just gets in the way too much. He's too much in love with his own skills. The purpose of good camera work is to use your skills enough but not too much that it gets in the way of telling the story. It's like a really good singer who is too much in love with hitting the high notes. She got crazy talent with her range but she's showing it off every chance, she gets - draggin out the notes longer than she has to - so all the audience hear are her high notes and not the song. He's too grandiose. Too indulgent. He really needs someone stern that will sit his *** down and tell him to stop showing off and tell the story :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom