DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

The reception to this movie is basically Watchmen on a much grander scale. I remember Watchmen being polarizing with audiences. It was either they enjoyed it or hated it. But that's just Zack Snyder films post 300.

I'm back-and-forth with Snyder myself. I think he's good at certain things and maybe not so good at others. I wonder if DC and Snyder would consider co-directing a project in the future. Lessening his workload.
I think Snyder just gets in the way too much. He's too much in love with his own skills. The purpose of good camera work is to use your skills enough but not too much that it gets in the way of telling the story. It's like a really good singer who is too much in love with hitting the high notes. She got crazy talent with her range but she's showing it off every chance, she gets - draggin out the notes longer than she has to - so all the audience hear are her high notes and not the song. He's too grandiose. Too indulgent. He really needs someone stern that will sit his *** down and tell him to stop showing off and tell the story
laugh.gif
yup, cinematography is supposed to make the plot and characters look good or set context and tone. this dude snider has it backwards and uses writing to awkwardly force his characters into position where he can have his big cinematic moments 

I THINK watchmen had a lot more depth in story and characters. Watchmen was nearly scene for scene with the novel. A lot of liberties were taken with BVS which left the characters feeling unpolished and heroically weak and too flawed(especially for supes). Maybe too much of a change as well? (If it ain't broke dont fix)Lex felt like the joker. Bats with his branding, Supes with his questionable actions. I'm assuming most film critics didn't know anything about The Watchmen when they first saw the film. I think that sets the bar low when characters seem new. Personally, Watchmen is a masterpiece. 8)

Last edited:
The reception to this movie is basically Watchmen on a much grander scale. I remember Watchmen being polarizing with audiences. It was either they enjoyed it or hated it. But that's just Zack Snyder films post 300.

I'm back-and-forth with Snyder myself. I think he's good at certain things and maybe not so good at others. I wonder if DC and Snyder would consider co-directing a project in the future. Lessening his workload.

I think Snyder just gets in the way too much. He's too much in love with his own skills. The purpose of good camera work is to use your skills enough but not too much that it gets in the way of telling the story. It's like a really good singer who is too much in love with hitting the high notes. She got crazy talent with her range but she's showing it off every chance, she gets - draggin out the notes longer than she has to - so all the audience hear are her high notes and not the song. He's too grandiose. Too indulgent. He really needs someone stern that will sit his *** down and tell him to stop showing off and tell the story :lol:

eca28587_zo.gif

Let's be cereal. Lois, Lex, and Doomsday are terrible. Everything else was fairly excellent.

This is far and away the best Superman movie ever. It's not even close. The two most recent ones and the old ones all were awful.

We can't compare this to Batman's trilogy. Simply put,that is a different world where reality is easy to understand and make a movie/villains.

1. First 4 seasons of Smallville
2. B vs. S

Everything else Supes related

With BvS finally out, this is up next...
View media item 1968050

How will it fair? 
I have high hopes

cast is solid, trailers look good, david ayer is a good director from what I've seen 
I feel like just off the general atmosphere more ppl wanted to like this.

While I'm not excited for it I expect favorable reviews for it by fans and critics. It would have to legit F4 suck for it to be hated on.

I THINK watchmen had a lot more depth in story and characters. Watchmen was nearly scene for scene with the novel. A lot of liberties were taken with BVS which left the characters feeling unpolished and heroically weak and too flawed(especially for supes). Maybe too much of a change as well? (If it ain't broke dont fix)Lex felt like the joker. Bats with his branding, Supes with his questionable actions. I'm assuming most film critics didn't know anything about The Watchmen when they first saw the film. I think that sets the bar low when characters seem new. Personally, Watchmen is a masterpiece. 8)

Strongly agree with all of this. Especially the Lex and Joker comparison.

Eisenberg as Lex dragged the entire movie down imo. He had multiple cringeworthy lines that took me completely out of the movie. That red coat line was even worse than it appeared in the trailer :x

WW and Bats killed it. I had very low hopes as to if Gadot had the acting chops to carry such a pivotal role but she owned it. Nothing needs to be said about Affleck that hasn't already. He is Batman. All in all it was ok imo. I can see why people can hate it and why people would think otherwise.

Their attempts to shoehorn in the rest of the JL were horrible :lol:

Even if the links about the Darkseid future are true you still have 98% of the theater in there that are clueless as to what you are alluding to. Marvel drops subtle Easter eggs and end credit scenes while DC decides they need to add in 5 minutes that have nothing to do with the story at hand to advertise a movie a year away :lol:.

Bats and WW are literally the only reason I would watch this again. Based on his movies I'm convinced that Superman just doesn't translate well to film. It's going to take a complete shakeup of his character for me to enjoy him.

I have high hopes

cast is solid, trailers look good, david ayer is a good director from what I've seen 

Trailer was great.
BVS trailer had Lex tombout you would not want to pick a fight with this guy.. cough(corny AF) cough. Didn't want to see BVS cause of that. Wasn't till I saw Batman fighting in the warehouse scene that got me into it. RFX review made me buy the tickets..

As for SS. Jared Leto is in his prime and knows damn well how high the bar is for the joker. (Obvously he wants to hit the bar in a diff way)

The most important thing....
I think every comic fan lusted over Harley Quinn as a kid. You have a actress who is sexy AF. Second, one that can actually act and fits the role as a crazy ***** who would suck the soul out of you. It's a no brainer... plus from the trailers, it seems like Margot Robbie is gonna steal every scene she's in.

Man the movie was trash....sorry bros...

I legit busted out laughing when they had the audacity to pop in some psychedelic Wonder Woman theme song.....corny AF

I thought the soundtrack was one of the positives

But the placement of it was completely off ..no idea why they shoehorned WWs theme during the final battle

Sooo excited for WW. I hope they actually portray her as a god during her fight sequences. You felt like she was other worldly in this. That's a leg up that DC has on Marvel ..Thor should've been washing everything in sight with ease during the Avengers film

I liked the score for when Wonder Woman shows up. It's part of the event. Like when you first hear the Black Sabbath instrumental in Iron Man 1. :pimp:

its a damn superhero movie what do you expect? marvel is corny too but they call it "funny"

I'm far from a marvel fanboy as I HATE Age of Ultron....but chill....can't remember them busting out a corny theme song during what's supposed to be the most epic moment.

Pros
Everything Bats related
Wonder Woman

cons
EVERYTHING

Movie was so ***** disjointed....like a class of 3rd graders wrote it

its a damn superhero movie what do you expect? marvel is corny too but they call it "funny"

I'm far from a marvel fanboy as I HATE Age of Ultron....but chill....can't remember them busting out a corny theme song during what's supposed to be the most epic moment.

Pros
Everything Bats related
Wonder Woman

cons
EVERYTHING

Movie was so ***** disjointed....like a class of 3rd graders wrote it
This is on point

Oh yeah....and they really did the whole surveillance footage to introduce the rest of the squad....cmon son...

Oh yeah....and they really did the whole surveillance footage to introduce the rest of the squad....cmon son...

We were literally on the verge of the third act of the movie ..the entire premise of the movie ..and they halted everything for 5 minutes to shoehorn in the JL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I couldn't believe it

Flash was the only one with surveillance footage. Not sure what to call that with Momoaman. Cyborg was his pops filming his tests on him and Wonder Woman was a picture.

guys, @sea manup
 told me to come here to lower my 3.5/8 rating of this movie

do your work, lets hear it
HELLO ... Tfti

Yall dudes are just sour at this point.
the exact thing can be said about the people in here nitpicking every little insignificant thing.
Post your review and move on. Coming into the thread just to point out some illogical flaw in a SUPERHERO movie that you can remember isn't exactly discussing anything. It's like they're sitting there trying their hardest to remember any other thing to nitpick so they can run to this thread and post it. How does that not sound like having some type of agenda?
Some of these cats were convinced they would hate the movie way before even watching it.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the people who did like the movie have absolutely no problem if someone else did. In fact, in most of the reviews people point out that they did like the movie, but could see why someone else might not enjoy it as much.
You didn't like it, cool, no need to keep coming into this thread to continuously try to nitpick every little thing you can think of, just so you can get co-signed and e-props from the handful of other posters in here hell bent on trying to sh** on the movie as much as possible. If anything, THEY'RE the ones circle jerking one another.
so it's okay to post a review but not okay to post an illogical flaw..?

You don't have to nitpick to tear this movie to shreds, movie was a mess, if only DC was patient and gave us an actual Batman V Superman movie and leave out Lex, WW and Abomination....this joint coulda been solid, because my man Ben is literally the only great thing about this crap....I feel bad dude was wasted away....

Ohhhhhh so your moms name is Martha too!? We good then.....lulz....

Back
Top Bottom