DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Eh. Not a huge fan of Gunn's style of movies. But I'll give it a chance. Hopefully DC won't be saturated with corny jokes going forward.

Gunn is perfect for the Feige role. Dude just gets it.

Peacemaker 2 is safe and maybe this means we get more Daniela Melchior 👀

they could do worse?

that would be my immediate reaction

he’s good friends with a lot of good directors so he can probably lure them in and he isnt overly dark, just cant go full gunn like taiki going full taika

i guess we’ll see more mikaelas sexy cameos and probably a lot of gotg cast coming in to play some roles, kill off starlord and then cast pratt as booster gold and karen as poison ivy and batista as bane :lol:

Wow :lol:

Some of you guys would hate on Whedon and now y'all got Gunn :lol: The hate he's got for GotG seemed dumb to me so yall either gonna have learn to love it or hate the DCEU in its new iteration.

Prepare for a ton of 80s and 70s music.

Got a lot more confidence Gunn can pace the stories better and an overall bigger story. I just hope he does a hard reboot of the universe.

I **** with his movies so I hope he has full creative control of everything. It'll at least be fun.

Never heard of this Safran dude. A quick look at the movies he's produced and I see a lot of trash. Hopefully he's mostly involved with the financial side of things.

This is much better than ending up with lame *** JJ Abrams.

Wow :lol:

Some of you guys would hate on Whedon and now y'all got Gunn :lol: The hate he's got for GotG seemed dumb to me so yall either gonna have learn to love it or hate the DCEU in its new iteration.

Prepare for a ton of 80s and 70s music.

Got a lot more confidence Gunn can pace the stories better and an overall bigger story. I just hope he does a hard reboot of the universe.

I **** with his movies so I hope he has full creative control of everything. It'll at least be fun.

Never heard of this Safran dude. A quick look at the movies he's produced and I see a lot of trash. Hopefully he's mostly involved with the financial side of things.

This is much better than ending up with lame *** JJ Abrams.

i loved gotg (both of them, love the music to, love taikas music choices too, just didnt like L&T), my hesitance on him at the moment is that GotG, SS and Peacemaker are pretty similar except the DC versions are rated R

im good with him, no hatred here, he’s just gon line-up the schedules and films/show to be made so i dont think all films are gon’ be gunn-esque

and his casts love him unlike whedon who has pretty been cancelled now

I wonder if he can cross promote GotG Vol. 3 next year. :lol:
His obligations to the MCU will hold priority given its the last thing in his contract and he signed it first.

Besides I don't think he can really get anything promoted for 2023 other than Peacemaker s2.

Now that I think about it I hope we get a few more Marvel guys making DC stuff. Only way I'll get good DC movies. Tap the Russos, Taika, Reed, and then ultimately Feige to produce a cross over.

I’d prefer Gunn be the side guy and give him random and/or quirky characters

curious to see how he handles the big guns but I have more faith in him than anyone else they have had recently outside of nolan

but I guess he could always find the right people to deal with batman, Superman, etc.. with at least an idea to the bigger picture of things

and encouragement can be given to go beyond say joker

I mean there isn’t much he can do tbh. A lot of things are already set in stone. Like Superman was happening regardless and the new rumor is zaslov is trying everything he can to make Affleck Batman again

i think setting the overall tone and having a good outline of the future will help

before they were just greenlighting everyone trying to be the first to put out a minority hero before marvel seemed like top priority

gunn at least has a way with more obscure characters anf make them shine

im not familiar who the other guys is but while the trinity is likely a lock, throwing the jsa into a film randomly probably wont happen if he was in charge

its also going to be good in the longterm, right now he might have to work with rock, henry and ben and gal but moving forward with other characters gon be where he is needed starting with how he handles the ezra situation

Peter Gunn gonna give us a Kiteman movie. And I ain’t even mad. Dude is hilarious on Harley Quinn show.

Wasn’t a fan of Gunn’s SS. I’ve only watched an episode of Peacemaker. Been meaning to get back to it. Didn’t think his GOTG2 was bad. Thought it was good but just doesn’t have the rewatch ability, to me, the first one does.

I mean there isn’t much he can do tbh. A lot of things are already set in stone. Like Superman was happening regardless and the new rumor is zaslov is trying everything he can to make Affleck Batman again
There's a bunch he can do and will creatively have his hands in from the start:

Superman movie
Director of the Supes movie
Eventual Batman cameos (not Battinson)
JL movie and director
JLA movie and director
Flash sequel and director
New Wonder Woman after Patty is done with her lame trilogy

Hopefully he does a crisis and wipes most of this **** away (get rid of Cyborg). Can even have the bad guys win and be the reason for the new universe. Also just cuz its happening doesn't mean he can't have creative control.

Only stuff that seems out of bounds is Joker Phoenix and Battinson.

There's a bunch of other heroes that can now get solo or team movies from the Secret Six to Etrigan. Maybe smarten up and do a Black Lightning movie. Do the New Gods movie.

Space, horror, magic, espionage action are the untouched genres Gunn can do a lot with.

Gunn making moves already? :nerd:

Last I remember this was a Berlanti project.

Last edited:
just as long as gunn can tone down his weirdness 🤣

we did not need to see ol boy in the suicide squad hanging dong just before he gets killed 😂

apparently, Gunn was supposed to be Feiges right hand man and was going to handle the cosmic side of the MCU but then the tweet thing happened and he got fired and rehired

the dude that fired Gunn back then was also supposedly Alan Horn the same dude that just hired him in this position by WB/DC

so it seemed like Gunn was well trusted by Feige and Marvel and being snatched up by DC is huge move

Back
Top Bottom