DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Saw black Adam yesterday and I thought it was pretty good and entertaining. Sometimes pacing felt a little off but Mo, the Rock, and the guy that played hawk man carried the movie when the pace got slow. I give it a solid 8/10.

My critique of the DCEU outside of this particular movie in general, but still applies is that they keep trying to throw characters into stories as if there’s this preexisting, well thought out, and well constructed, back story to everything and everyone that appear on screen and there’s not.

Movie was pretty shallow. Too much slow mo and exposition. Action scenes were okay.

:lol: at those skeleton demons at the end.

i think wb will be happy with the numbers, it opened higher than shazam and rockys highest solo lead opener yet, it opened higher than hobbs and shaw too so its a win if it comes even close to $760m but that f&f franchise if a phenomenon so who knows :lol:

and i think rockys very popular in china too (hobbs and shaw made $200m from china alone) so once it releases there it can probably hit $400m

supposedly the sequel script is done and thats gon’ come sooner than later too

Hawkeye =

ew1fnzfaw9k91.jpg

Loved the movie btw

Attachments

• ew1fnzfaw9k91.jpg
    ew1fnzfaw9k91.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 313
Movie was ****…

Cast was literally the only thing that kept this from being a complete disaster…Brosnan as Fate in particular…He elevated this thing every time he was on screen…

That entire third act? Ooof…Just having the “gang” be the villains and Adam doing his killing thing to clear them out would’ve worked…It worked best, and I use that term loosely, when things were centered in Khandaq…When they pulled it towards demons and hell is when it took a real nosedive…

Could’ve taken a big leap and had the JSA actually lose to Adam and not go with the uncomfortable cliche team up…Supes could still have come in for the stinger to tease him sorting things out in whatever movie comes next…Or better yet Shazam could’ve been who showed up in the stinger because, well, duh…They knew this thing was a stinker and absolutely needed the Superman anchor to get the opening numbers to land though, so I get why they went that way…
It sounds terrible that a Superman stinger is what saved this movie money wise.

Reminds me of ppl talking about the Morbius after credit scenes.

Is this DC's Morbius?

Last edited:
Had some younger family come into town and they wanted to see black adam, so we went (had no plans to see it).

Action scenes were pretty cool, story was kind of bad. Rocks' acting was pretty bland, but Black Adams character in the comics is kind of like that. Humor is similar to Drax, but didn't pull off quite as well.

The worst parts for me was the kids scenes (corny), the skeleton demons getting washed by random civilians.

Back
Top Bottom