DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

1666213563272.jpeg

BA was ok, not as bad, maybe i was just expecting action and not much else

they kept the story relatively simple and straightforward and gave rocky one-liners, it might thrive as some 80s/90s action flick

too much slowmo and stop with all these kids in these movies or at least get a kid that could act

what would help is watch sex/life on netflix first for shahi

When they say he came first they mean the comics?

Strange got like 4 or 5 movies to establish himself and become a fan favorite.

Cuz dudes who are magicians been a thing before Fate. Besides Dr. Fate is literally the helmet not whoever is possessed by it.

Its DC's own fault they're only now bringing in a magical hero.

It’s Warner Bros fault for ONLY making Batman or Superman movies. My bad forgot turds like Constantine, Swamp Thing, Jonah Hex, etc.

Then have been fumbling ever since trying to copy Disney/Marvel Stuidos.

DC Comics = good. Vertigo = good.

Warner Bros = bad 3/4 of the time.

Its under WB but DC literally has its own studio with whoever WB put in charge over the decade +.

Notice other franchises and studios aren't having these problems under WB.

Last edited:
Movie was ****…

Cast was literally the only thing that kept this from being a complete disaster…Brosnan as Fate in particular…He elevated this thing every time he was on screen…

That entire third act? Ooof…Just having the “gang” be the villains and Adam doing his killing thing to clear them out would’ve worked…It worked best, and I use that term loosely, when things were centered in Khandaq…When they pulled it towards demons and hell is when it took a real nosedive…

Could’ve taken a big leap and had the JSA actually lose to Adam and not go with the uncomfortable cliche team up…Supes could still have come in for the stinger to tease him sorting things out in whatever movie comes next…Or better yet Shazam could’ve been who showed up in the stinger because, well, duh…They knew this thing was a stinker and absolutely needed the Superman anchor to get the opening numbers to land though, so I get why they went that way…

Back
Top Bottom