DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

got to keep in mind, cavill manager is rockys ex which runs their talent agency so technically rocky is cavills manager :lol:

not too farfetch
The manager/agent part doesn’t really factor in. I’m talking about The Rock convincing WB/Discovery to give Cavill a new contract to be Superman as well as a new solo Superman movie.

That’s what I question.

A manager/agent just can’t make a studio offer their client a contract.

Besides that it’s not like the Rock was some huge money maker at WB to the point they’re just doing anything he says fearing not to anger him cuz he might walk.

i think you underestimate how much power the rock has in hollywood these days

and he has a good working relationship with WB and WB is willing to cater to him so he is less inclined to work for the competition or to at least not sour that relationship, he pretty much has a hand in all medias these days from film to tv even sports with xfl - also keep in mind, WB/Zaslav might be super desperate right now too

its not just about making big $$$, its about content and thats where his seven bucks productions becomes very important, they can get content for HBO Max and Discovery too (i think shark week this year was produced by his company)

in the DCEU, his company produced Shazam and Black Adam and the Super Pets cartoons, he is also producing Shazam2 and thats just whats announced so far, wouldnt be surprised if MoS2 is gon be produced by him too

im just saying, its believable as you’re not just dealing with some dudes agency knicking at your door but a whole production company from a guy whose gon’ lead your biggest movie for the year

but who knows, maybe there’s a caveat, if Black Adam bombs then its no deal but the rock flexing his muscle on a company under scrutiny and super desperate… id buy that story

i think selfishly, rocky really just wants to fight superman and jla on the big screen

but with his ”cant lose in a movie fight clause”, he gon have to willingly job to cavill and put him over

160720-BOARD-GAME-REPUBLIC-KEVINJBEATY-11.gif

We gota agree to stop posting the propaganda twitter reviews when these movies drop. Barely memorable or insightful and usually all lies and mostly positive. Rarely if ever posted by reliable or known reviewers.

With that said light on story but heavy on action would sound ideal for a Rock movie but I dunno how best that serves a DC movies with where they're at but w/e not like many of us believed Black Adam would change the hierarchy and DC landscape or w/e the Rock keeps repeating :lol:

On an more important note, a comcast acquisition sort of got me hype just for the fact they'd fold in everything NBC Universal in to one streaming service. Would really prefer some at Universal studios to run DC movies instead.

All of them are the same, that's hilarious. Essentially weak story without ever actually saying it plus "lots of action! so much action! Action!" Pretty much what you would expect.

Flash 2 potentially without Miller who faces up to 25 years in prison for burglary if found guilty?

Back
Top Bottom