DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

i dont know how they thought they could get away with this :lol:

THE PEOPLE'S JOKER: Queer Coming-Of-Age Movie Pulled From TIFF Over Rights Issue​

Vera Drew, the filmmaker behind a queer coming-of-age movie set in the Batman universe known as The People's Joker, has pulled the movie from the Toronto International Film Festival after just a single screening over alleged “rights issues.”

The mixed-media comic book satire follows an aspiring clown (played by Drew) struggling with her gender identity while dreaming of being cast in a TV sketch show among a cast of Jokers and Harlequins.

The film, which contains multiple references to the Clown Prince of Crime and other Batman-related properties, was reportedly pulled after Warner Bros served a cease and desist to both TIFF and Drew due to copyright infringement.

The official synopsis from TIFF reads: “With comedy criminalized in Gotham City, the show is the only government-sanctioned space for funny people, but only those who will toe the party line. Disillusioned by a botched audition, Vera partners with a birdlike slacker to found their own alternative comedy troupe, attracting not only a rogues’ gallery of would-be comics, but also the ire of a fascistic caped crusader.”

Only major problem I see with the film is that they are screening it at festivals and looking for distributors. They seemingly are not even trying to be sly about the parody being based on DC characters. Any company would step in such an instance.

If they were just screening it all local theaters fro free, or threw it up on YouTube, I would say WB is being a bit ridiculous. But if it is getting screened at festivals and the creators are looking for distributors for the film, that is another level and you have to step in.

Hopefully they can cut a deal were the creators can screen it some places.

i dont know how they thought they could get away with this :lol:

THE PEOPLE'S JOKER: Queer Coming-Of-Age Movie Pulled From TIFF Over Rights Issue​

Vera Drew, the filmmaker behind a queer coming-of-age movie set in the Batman universe known as The People's Joker, has pulled the movie from the Toronto International Film Festival after just a single screening over alleged “rights issues.”

The mixed-media comic book satire follows an aspiring clown (played by Drew) struggling with her gender identity while dreaming of being cast in a TV sketch show among a cast of Jokers and Harlequins.

The film, which contains multiple references to the Clown Prince of Crime and other Batman-related properties, was reportedly pulled after Warner Bros served a cease and desist to both TIFF and Drew due to copyright infringement.

The official synopsis from TIFF reads: “With comedy criminalized in Gotham City, the show is the only government-sanctioned space for funny people, but only those who will toe the party line. Disillusioned by a botched audition, Vera partners with a birdlike slacker to found their own alternative comedy troupe, attracting not only a rogues’ gallery of would-be comics, but also the ire of a fascistic caped crusader.”

I thought that was Ezra Miller at first.

This looks so bad it really shouldn’t even get this level of attention.

It’s a bit embarrassing this found it’s way to almost being screened at the TIFF.

Outside of seeing Hawkman and Doctor Fate in live action I have zero interest in this movie at this point…
I see DC movie and I have zero interest in the movie.
dc.PNG

:lol:
Can't be serious Amy Pascal as DC Kevin.

Unreal how much a career turnaround he had. He still makes some duds but has so many recent can't miss roles. Dude is typcast like a MOFO, but in different roles. Hard to explain you see him and you see John Wick, you see him and you see Constantine.

Oh wow okay

Given the company’s daunting challenges, it has become accepted wisdom at the highest levels of the industry that another deal waits in the wings for Warner Bros. Discovery. For reasons related to the complicated structure of that merger, no negotiations can happen until April 2024. But at that point, many industry observers believe that Comcast’s Brian Roberts will make a long-awaited move, looking to combine NBCUniversal and Warner Bros. Discovery.

That deal would face some interesting antitrust issues but would give his company scale and a viable streaming service. “Obviously Peacock sucks,” says one exec with knowledge of both companies. “There are some good synergies. I’m sure [Roberts] is licking his chops because the [WBD] stock is so low. And I think that’s Zaslav’s endgame. Get the place sold.” (Roberts and NBCU CEO Jeff Shell met with Zaslav and board member John Malone during the Allen & Co. gathering in Sun Valley last July, but given the rules against plotting any combination, that was no doubt just a friendly get-together.) A WBD spokesperson responds: “We are building Warner Bros. Discovery for the long term.”

Many top industry execs are so convinced a deal will happen that some are pre-mourning an event that may never happen. “People feel like it’s Comcast for sure,” says the head of one company. “It’s going to be so depressing to lose another major studio [after Disney bought Fox]. And Warners was the Tiffany studio.”

So basically I can't begin to take DC seriously until 2025 at the earliest. Another round of cuts and a big shake up is right around the corner. Doesn't matter what Zaslav says. Peacock Max on its way.

I see DC movie and I have zero interest in the movie.

Can't be serious Amy Pascal as DC Kevin.

Unreal how much a career turnaround he had. He still makes some duds but has so many recent can't miss roles. Dude is typcast like a MOFO, but in different roles. Hard to explain you see him and you see John Wick, you see him and you see Constantine.
I see him and I see ........

Attachments

• coroca-keanu-reeves.gif
    coroca-keanu-reeves.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 662
yeah i think it suppose to be for the riddler role but he was just doing the droogs from clockwork orange

Back
Top Bottom