DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I get how some people can rip marvel for taking so long but let’s not act like the movies that built the universe were bad. That’s the thing, D.C sped things up with crappy movies. Ironically it culminated in to a four hour jizz fest
They could’ve went with the sped up approach if they already established that there were heroes and villains in the universe. They messed up going with it being the first time they’ve seen Superman in Man of steel.

Also antman literally explains his theory to cap and black widow about the quantum realm when he sees them

AND they build off of the concept in endgame.. you didn’t actually need to watch antman and the wasp really

Scott literally tells them he’s only been gone for 5 hours vs the 5 years for the rest of the world

you’re not really missing much if you skipped antman and the wasp and/or captain marvel

that’s why Batman needs to be more like the justice league cartoon or the animated movies where he’s more the thinker and detective than anything

but that’s hard to do when you have the stupidity of BVS and don’t actually develop your characters

agree. he felt shoehorned at times during the action scenes. he would of felt more cohesive if they focused on his detective skills and prep time. bats prep time still undefeated when done right but like you mentioned, his character needed more development.

I get how some people can rip marvel for taking so long but let’s not act like the movies that built the universe were bad. That’s the thing, D.C sped things up with crappy movies. Ironically it culminated in to a four hour jizz fest

superman is dead and Batman is walking around feeling guilty

how the hell you supposed to understand any of that if you didn’t watch BVS

or why would he calm down when seeing Lois if you didn’t watch the previous 2 movies

DC just did a terrible job.. they weren’t trying do anything self contained

I honestly think half the Marvel movies were good/great, and the rest were either bad or fair, at best. But the biggest issue I had with them is it just felt like work after a while. You knew what they were building toward, but you had to wait an extra 5 years to get there and you needed to watch Every. Single. One. of the damn things to know what the hell was going on. It was a 10-year, 21-movie slog to get to Endgame. I was fine with getting to JL in the third movie, excited even, but by butchering BvS with a theatrical version that leaves out half of the story it set the table for the Whedoning of JL and, ultimately, completely destroying Snyder's whole plan.

superman is dead and Batman is walking around feeling guilty

how the hell you supposed to understand any of that if you didn’t watch BVS

or why would he calm down when seeing Lois if you didn’t watch the previous 2 movies

DC just did a terrible job.. they weren’t trying do anything self contained
In my opinion they just swing for the fences with the heaviest hearing stories and missed on all fronts. We have DS The end all be all bad guy in DC history showing up 2 movies in. Not only that his opening scene is him being killed almost within 30 seconds. Who the heck came up with that idea? Completely destroyed any menacing qualities he may have had.

Look I can go on forever, and I think we’ve all said all of this before already. They just got a pull the plug on this. Wonder woman was there one thing and they completely botched it. I don’t know how the contracts work or whatever and I really don’t care, they need to just pull the plug on all this

I honestly think half the Marvel movies were good/great, and the rest were either bad or fair, at best. But the biggest issue I had with them is it just felt like work after a while. You knew what they were building toward, but you had to wait an extra 5 years to get there and you needed to watch Every. Single. One. of the damn things to know what the hell was going on. It was a 10-year, 21-movie slog to get to Endgame. I was fine with getting to JL in the third movie, excited even, but by butchering BvS with a theatrical version that leaves out half of the story it set the table for the Whedoning of JL and, ultimately, completely destroying Snyder's whole plan.
That’s a fair point I can take that. I’m not in love with every single Marvel movie. Some of them I really didn’t like it all against popular opinion. Guardians of the galaxy 2 immediately comes to mind. The Snyder verse really depended on Batman versus superman to be some thing out of this world greatness. Needless to say it was nowhere near that and because of that there’s just nowhere else they can go. BVS ruined anything that could of been And to top it off the movies that came after it weren’t good either outside of wonder woman

Maybe it’s just me,

but I still don’t get how Snyder made MOS, BVS and now this and all 3 movies feel so different

like MOS legit felt like he was trying create a world where a shared universe was doable.. like at least some practical effects were used

BVS was like a cross between watchmen and 300.. like all green screen

and this was closer to MOS, but still different

Also antman literally explains his theory to cap and black widow about the quantum realm when he sees them

AND they build off of the concept in endgame.. you didn’t actually need to watch antman and the wasp really

Scott literally tells them he’s only been gone for 5 hours vs the 5 years for the rest of the world

you’re not really missing much if you skipped antman and the wasp and/or captain marvel
Wait, if you skipped Captain Marvel you'd have had zero idea who the hell the woman was who shows up at the very end of Endgame to save the day. She was in nothing to that point other than her own movie IIRC, or did I miss her somewhere else?

DC lierally started at the end :lol:
A Dark Knight Returns version of Batman when you're just starting your shared DC universe will never make sense.

And to think Snyder's endgame in this universe is for the child of Lois Lane and Bruce Wayne to become the new Batman :lol: :smh:

There's no going forward with that ****. They'd be rebooting anyway.

Maybe it’s just me,

but I still don’t get how Snyder made MOS, BVS and now this and all 3 movies feel so different

like MOS legit felt like he was trying create a world where a shared universe was doable.. like at least some practical effects were used

BVS was like a cross between watchmen and 300.. like all green screen

and this was closer to MOS, but still different
Probably because of the different screen/storywriters. MoS was Goyer, & Nolan which was supposed to set the story arc for the whole series, but Terrio came in for BvS & JL, and Goyer was gone by JL. Plus WB just couldn't help screwing around with everything.

Sweater Sniffer and Her Awkward Choir sounded like Bjork. I don’t what the **** that scene was, but it was painfully long.

I’m about halfway finished (1:54:23) and although this movie has been hilariously bad and deadass unintentionally real life awkward. Bruce is mad awkward. It is better than the 2017 version so far.

Chris Terrio is the ****s and he got lucky w/ Argo. A lot of Synder’s camera shots be all aesthetic and no substance like AEW.

Wait, if you skipped Captain Marvel you'd have had zero idea who the hell the woman was who shows up at the very end of Endgame to save the day. She was in nothing to that point other than her own movie IIRC, or did I miss her somewhere else?

she was in more than just the end of the movie.. I mean she rescues tony from space

you literally could just add a few extra scenes of her coming to earth and introducing herself to the avengers after everything goes down and she’s checking on her friends and family on earth

Probably because of the different screen/storywriters. MoS was Goyer, & Nolan which was supposed to set the story arc for the whole series, but Terrio came in for BvS & JL, and Goyer was gone by JL. Plus WB just couldn't help screwing around with everything.

im talking about the looks of the film

Gal Gadot sounded like she was reading that narrative backstory in front of class. Ben Afflecks "w-w-wait, motherboxes?" bothered the hell outta me. The dialogue in that scene was brutal like that bad fan fic interpretation of Thanos.

If you didn’t watch antman and the wasp, you’re confused when we see the van and why Scott pops out of it

until he literally explains where he was and his theory

My favorite unnecessary scene was when they should frame by frame how Wonder Woman made a torch :rofl: exec and editors rip Snyder up but it’s for good reason

she was in more than just the end of the movie.. I mean she rescues tony from space

you literally could just add a few extra scenes of her coming to earth and introducing herself to the avengers after everything goes down and she’s checking on her friends and family on earth

Ah, forgot about her rescuing Tony, but my point is suddenly after 21 movies you have this "Superwoman" who just shows up and can do everything. It's literally like having 21 DC movies before Superman shows up outta nowhere at the end of JL3 and saves the universe. "Sorry I'm late guys, I was out wandering the galaxy for 20 years. What'd I miss?" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom