DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Bingo lol. Very well put. Imagine if marvel started with infinity war, went to Ant-man 2, and then endgame

I mean, the Justice League is built out of the trinity of Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman, so any additional members are pretty much just a bonus. Literally to get to a JL movie you only needed those three characters' base stories, and then add the stories of the three or four other members you wanted to add, which is exactly what Snyder wanted to do in JL and was able to actually do in the 4hr version. So yeah, three or four movies is fine by me to get to where we are. I think the original plan of intro'ing Darkseid in JL and build to his attempted conquest in a JL2 was fine. They just did it in a way with two bad theatrical releases that ultimately (and understandably) didn't work with the general public.

And I think the Knightmare scenes show how screwed Earth would've been in future movies had Darkseid returned after JL to get the anti-life equation (which, I admit, I've always thought was kinda lame). I'd have liked to have seen Maxwell Lord used in a "Infinite Crisis"-style storyline to take control of Superman to lead to the "Evil Supes" they show us, so I was disappointed with how they used him in WW84.

Ah, forgot about her rescuing Tony, but my point is suddenly after 21 movies you have this "Superwoman" who just shows up and can do everything. It's literally like having 21 DC movies before Superman shows up outta nowhere at the end of JL3 and saves the universe. "Sorry I'm late guys, I was out wandering the galaxy for 20 years. What'd I miss?" :lol:

Her movie doesn’t really have much to do with the overall story outside of establishing her relationship with fury and why he’s paging her for help.. and that’s the end credit scene for infinity war, which was before her solo movie

the development of her relationship with the avengers is literally shown in endgame

her movie has a bigger impact to Wanda vision and far from home as far as details

If you didn’t watch antman and the wasp, you’re confused when we see the van and why Scott pops out of it

until he literally explains where he was and his theory

Yeah, but in the theater, at the time, I was confused as hell. And frankly I was actually annoyed, because the one damn movie I missed and it turns out that's going to be the key to saving the day - and it's a "let's go back in time and fix things" plan? Yeah, I was really annoyed by that at the time. Sure, after having seen Endgame a couple more times (even though
I *still* haven't seen Ant-Man 2) I understand it all, but in the theater at the time I was sorta lost.

I mean, the Justice League is built out of the trinity of Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman, so any additional members are pretty much just a bonus. Literally to get to a JL movie you only needed those three characters' base stories, and then add the stories of the three or four other members you wanted to add, which is exactly what Snyder wanted to do in JL and was able to actually do in the 4hr version. So yeah, three or four movies is fine by me to get to where we are. I think the original plan of intro'ing Darkseid in JL and build to his attempted conquest in a JL2 was fine. They just did it in a way with two bad theatrical releases that ultimately (and understandably) didn't work with the general public.

And I think the Knightmare scenes show how screwed Earth would've been in future movies had Darkseid returned after JL to get the anti-life equation (which, I admit, I've always thought was kinda lame). I'd have liked to have seen Maxwell Lord used in a "Infinite Crisis"-style storyline to take control of Superman to lead to the "Evil Supes" they show us, so I was disappointed with how they used him in WW84.
Well look at the versions of those characters we got. Batman was already old and done, Superman didn’t want to save anyone anymore (also he’s dead) and WW was long retired. I get your point but they didn’t help themselves with that setup

*****man was really hiding behind that army vehicle all that time the others were going at superman only to pop out and freeze looking like superman made him **** the fear of god out of himself
1616264109253.gif

Yeah, but in the theater, at the time, I was confused as hell. And frankly I was actually annoyed, because the one damn movie I missed and it turns out that's going to be the key to saving the day - and it's a "let's go back in time and fix things" plan? Yeah, I was really annoyed by that at the time. Sure, after having seen Endgame a couple more times (even though
I *still* haven't seen Ant-Man 2) I understand it all, but in the theater at the time I was sorta lost.

he literally explains the importance of that movie in less than 2 mins.. and it’s is explained numerous times throughout Endgame when characters who weren’t in antman and the wasp take over with using that theory

and the importance of that movie happened in an end credit scene, which was also under 2 mins

meanwhile you’re comparing THAT to a movie in which Superman is dead and Batman played a role in killing him and his guilt from BVS is kinda a big deal

she was in more than just the end of the movie.. I mean she rescues tony from space

you literally could just add a few extra scenes of her coming to earth and introducing herself to the avengers after everything goes down and she’s checking on her friends and family on earth
They actually cut that out.

The CM mid or end credit scene was her showing up @ the end of Infinity War introducing herself. In IW she just shows up and saves Tony and Nebula. They cut a lot of other early stuff at the start of Endgame.

They actually cut that out.

The CM mid or end credit scene was her showing up @ the end of Infinity War introducing herself. In IW she just shows up and saves Tony and Nebula. They cut a lot of other early stuff at the start of Endgame.

yea was trying remember where this scene was from

^^^
Shorty taking a whiff of Aquaman’s sweater like he had some Burberry cologne or something threw me off to. A song AND a whiff? Sheesh...
If it was Burberry London then I don't blame her. Just bought a new bottle, my favorite cologne.

Aquaman got all those blonde white chicks sprung and ready to carry half brown babies.

Her movie doesn’t really have much to do with the overall story outside of establishing her relationship with fury and why he’s paging her for help.. and that’s the end credit scene for infinity war, which was before her solo movie

the development of her relationship with the avengers is literally shown in endgame

her movie has a bigger impact to Wanda vision and far from home as far as details
See I completely disagree with this, and it's where I've always had issues with Marvel movies. First, her whole appearance in Endgame is based on a post-credit scene, one which just shows her logo, IIRC, so if you don't know her emblem you'd still be lost as to what it meant. Second, if you didn't see the Captain Marvel movie there is no way you'd know who the hell this Superwoman is and how she got her powers before she shows up to save Tony and later, the universe. She shows up at Avengers HQ, they ask her who she is and where she's been and it's like "OK cool, welcome to the team. Now let us go figure out how to go back in time and build a machine to do it in 20 mins."

I'm cool with people saying the DC movies have issues, because they absolutely do - especially the theatrical versions of BvS & JL - but to say the Marvel movies didn't have the exact same flaws is totally disingenuous, IMO.

Wonder Womans loincloth got drenched when she saw Superman fighting Steppanwolf

Shorty got up from under the pile of rocks and was like :wow:

the way she said "Kal-El" :lol:
That's why I like the new animated justice league movies where diana is into supe and not batman. she probably wants to get slammed and bruce can't do that without getting injured.

• Sad
Reactions: MVP
There was a scene where lex was in that pool in superman's ship with the 3 mother boxes and steppenwolf looking at him, was that a part of a vision of the future? Have no idea.

I think it was more to the fact that Those people in that village looked at aquaman as a god who comes and gives food to them
Yes. Batman literally says all that and then they devoted 2 mins of singing to him..... think there was a better way of getting that point across haha

Well look at the versions of those characters we got. Batman was already old and done, Superman didn’t want to save anyone anymore (also he’s dead) and WW was long retired. I get your point but they didn’t help themselves with that setup

Very true. I get where Snyder wanted the more dark & dramatic angle (again, I totally recommend checking out that NYT interview where he explains all of this stuff), so I respect him not wanting to go bright & shiny Marvel style, but yeah, I agree that a younger Batman would've been good. The gist of the Snyderverse was that there are Gods on Earth who only emerge when the planet is threatened. He's big into the 'mythology' aspect of DC. So having Batman getting Superman, WW, Aquaman, etc to come out of hiding to help defeat the threat was a good story angle, IMO, but I agree it woulda been better if he was both more of a detective in discovering the threat himself and and better on the field of battle, although I thought the Snyder cut did a better job of him kicking parademon *** while the gods fought amongst themselves.

There was a scene where lex was in that pool in superman's ship with the 3 mother boxes and steppenwolf looking at him, was that a part of a vision of the future? Have no idea.

snyder probably was just trying to recreate that one scene in wild things and wb told him no

he literally explains the importance of that movie in less than 2 mins.. and it’s is explained numerous times throughout Endgame when characters who weren’t in antman and the wasp take over with using that theory

and the importance of that movie happened in an end credit scene, which was also under 2 mins

meanwhile you’re comparing THAT to a movie in which Superman is dead and Batman played a role in killing him and his guilt from BVS is kinda a big deal
But BvS was the SECOND movie - not the 21st! You're totally missing my point here. I'm not saying JL was a standalone movie. I said, if you saw MoS, you know what's happening in BvS, and once you've seen those two you're ready for JL. You didn't need to see every minute of 21 movies (plus post-post credit scenes) to know what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom