DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

but this is part of the problem, look what it took to finally get this version of superman

the dark knight returns part 2 only really works because we get that Batman and Superman have an established relationship and Superman is kinda going at it with kid gloves

you can’t just jump to BVS.. and the payout isn’t really earned in this

i don’t expect snyder to actually get these things because I’ve seen his work.. watchmen being a perfect example of him just missing the point

but that’s why you go with one of Superman’s bigger villains for a sequel like brainiac, for example

and then with lex you develop the character like they did in animated versions where it’s the whole jealous thing and he shouldnt really really be the bad guy but until down the road.. but more he’s creating situations that Superman and justice league have to deal with
I mean man of steel literally had him going up against other kryptonins. Kryptonians were shown to be way stronger than anything we’ve ever seen. Those dudes were destroying cities like it was nothing

what was more weird was that chick pausing from singing to pick up his sweater to sniff it and then like aquaman’s aroma was some gatorade bolt24 to her because she went extra hard when she rejoined the choir.
aquaman’s aroma pushed her loins to flood and swept her away to that grammy winning performance

what was more weird was that chick pausing from singing to pick up his sweater to sniff it and then like aquaman’s aroma was some gatorade bolt24 to her because she went extra hard when she rejoined the choir.
So many little cringe moments like that. Like wtf?? This was a directors cut, this was NO CUT lol. Throw everything on screen

Uh yes that was the point. Of course a lot of stuff would’ve been cut for theaters but this was here’s everything
Uhhh no that wasn’t the point. The point was to show his version of the movie. He could of done that without it dragging for complete nonsense. I’m sure the coffee sharing scene meant a lot to his vision :rofl:

I mean man of steel literally had him going up against other kryptonins. Kryptonians were shown to be way stronger than anything we’ve ever seen. Those dudes were destroying cities like it was nothing

which is why I speak about BVS... and also speak about the dark knight returns part 2

mos had other problems

which is why I speak about BVS... and also speak about the dark knight returns part 2

mos had other problems
DKR2 worked for multiple reason. Superman already weak, legit motivations, lifetime of being Batman, Batman quitting and coming back, etc.

Instead, we have lex taking Martha and telling Superman to fight :rofl:

DKR2 worked for multiple reason. Superman already weak, legit motivations, lifetime of being Batman, Batman quitting and coming back, etc.

Instead, we have lex taking Martha and telling Superman to fight :rofl:

as I said, when we watch dark knight returns part 2 we get why it works

superman ain’t really trying kill his friend.. In BVS Batman is jumping to a conclusion about someone he doesnt know after literally watching him save the world in MOS

the dark knight returns part 2, they set it up where supes is a puppet of the government and Batman is making them look bad.. whole thing is them going at it, but not really really really because ultimately they’re friends

as I said, when we watch dark knight returns part 2 we get why it works

superman ain’t really trying kill his friend.. In BVS Batman is jumping to a conclusion about someone he doesnt know after literally watching him save the world in MOS

the dark knight returns part 2, they set it up where supes is a puppet of the government and Batman is making them look bad.. whole thing is them going at it, but not really really really because ultimately they’re friends
Wouldn’t even say Superman was a puppet. He understood they needed to be checked and he was the only one who could do it. Deep down he’s still an American farm boy so naturally he sided with the American government (to a degree). Overall it’s brilliantly written and one of the best Batman stories of all time.

BvS wasn’t even better than the Superman v Batman WB cartoon crossover. Not even close

i think im gonna try and climb this 4 hour mountain today.
At the very least it literally breaks itself up into “parts”. Do 3-4 at a time. As a 1 off mini series this works much better than a 1 seating movie. It’s a LOT of Snyder jizzing on the screen

Supermans death is alot less impact full when he's only been around for 2 damn movies. I mean hell him Batman weren't even friends yet. Even Lex is depicted as being devastated by it in many of the iterations and he hates his guts.

Supermans death is alot less impact full when he's only been around for 2 damn movies. I mean hell him Batman weren't even friends yet. Even Lex is depicted as being devastated by it in many of the iterations and he hates his guts.

you need actual build up to understand who the characters are and why stuff is happening

why does lex hate supes so much.. how is he finding out all this information about Bruce AND Clark

even if Batman is crazy why is he justifying killing the one person who could deal with zod and co

Uhhh no that wasn’t the point. The point was to show his version of the movie. He could of done that without it dragging for complete nonsense. I’m sure the coffee sharing scene meant a lot to his vision :rofl:

In that NY Times article I posted Snyder mentions he had like 4 different extended versions (3hrs, 3:20, etc.) that he showed the execs at HBO Max and collectively they decided to go w/ the 4hr version. He said there's an even longer version he coulda used, too :lol:

i survived 4hrs of snyderverse :lol: . i enjoyed the snydercut. it was way better than the og release.

thoughts:

- aquabros sing-off was not needed
- it appeared amazonian arrows had more effect than cyborgs blasts on wolfie
- speech bubbles were weird
- aquabro should of had more hits underwater against wolfy
- mera, cot damn
- cyborg was good. crazy how many scenes he had cut
- T2 scientist still messing with robot technology
- iris, :blush:
- op supes was dope
- flash was too corny
- biggest issue was how bats felt so out of place. bats my favorite superhero but its hard for him to contribute when everyone else has powers. better writing maybe could of had him contribute more than money, plane and getting everyone together. felt like seeing bucky with a gun in iw/eg.
- leto had another shot at a different joker and it was still trash.
- needed more darkseid. needed to wash someone to let them know whats up.

overall enjoyed it. 6/8.

i survived 4hrs of snyderverse :lol: . i enjoyed the snydercut. it was way better than the og release.

thoughts:

- aquabros sing-off was not needed
- it appeared amazonian arrows had more effect than cyborgs blasts on wolfie
- speech bubbles were weird
- aquabro should of had more hits underwater against wolfy
- mera, cot damn
- cyborg was good. crazy how many scenes he had cut
- T2 scientist still messing with robot technology
- iris, :blush:
- op supes was dope
- flash was too corny
- biggest issue was how bats felt so out of place. bats my favorite superhero but its hard for him to contribute when everyone else has powers. better writing maybe could of had him contribute more than money, plane and getting everyone together. felt like seeing bucky with a gun in iw/eg.
- leto had another shot at a different joker and it was still trash.
- needed more darkseid. needed to wash someone to let them know whats up.

overall enjoyed it. 6/8.

that’s why Batman needs to be more like the justice league cartoon or the animated movies where he’s more the thinker and detective than anything

but that’s hard to do when you have the stupidity of BVS and don’t actually develop your characters

Reactions: sb
yall were complaining about the movie runtime befora yall saw it tho

and i know its mostly in jest, a lot of yall were planning on peeing on water bottles in the theater for endgames 3hr runtime :lol:
It's that sense of dread you feel before watching a Snyder movie knowing its 4 hours (and a few other directors that you don't feel watching others that caused that. Just the idea of a 4 hour movie and you expect some tedious ****.

And that's exactly what we got. It wasn't like this was 4 hours of straight new content. Somebody is gonna do a fan edit and cut out all of wasteful slowmo (or speed it up) and I'll placed music.

So over the last couple days I was thinking about how WB was kinda boxed in between what Disney/Marvel did with the Avengers stuff (long drag-out of individual movies before the big team-up climax) and what Snyder wanted to do with JL (dive right into the big team-up and then do the individual movies). And while I agree that Marvel did it extraordinarily well -- and profitably -- I have an enormous issue with how they did it.

So I spent a decade watching all their movies, almost all of them at the theater/drive-in. Then I missed Ant-Man and the Wasp. "No big deal," I thought, "it's the Ant-Man sequel it's not a big deal, and I'll probably see Wasp in Endgame anyway." Plus I knew Captain Marvel was gonna be the savior of the universe anyway, so no worries.

Then I go see Endgame opening night - 10 years in the making and the culmination of all my time and money invested in the story - and I don't know what TF they're talking about because the whole f'ing plan to rescue the universe is based on f'ing Ant-Man and the F'ing Wasp.

The MCU - just like Marvel comics - forces you to know every gatdam minuscule detail from every spinoff ever in order to know what the hell is happening and why. It's the main reason that I never got into Marvel, even though I have like 11,000 comics.

DC for the most part gives you self-contained storylines. Sure, occasionally you get a Knightfall or No Man's Land that covers a slew of titles, but their "Crisis" series are almost all self-contained in their mainline titles without needing to read Blue Beetle #23 or Bat-Mite #8 to know what the hell is happening in the last issue of Flashpoint or Crisis on Infinite Earths. Yeah you can read them if you want added details and extended storyilnes, but they're not critical to the main story. Marvel, however, sprinkles key details everywhere.

And that's what I respected about the "Snyderverse" - You watched MoS? Cool, now you know what's gonna happen in BvS. BvS leads to WW (just for her origin story), which leads to JL, which woulda led to the other members' origin stories. I wasn't going to have to sit through Cyborg 3 and Martian Manhunter 2 just to get to JL.

I just wish that WB put someone like David Heyman or Thomas Tull in charge of the series, rather than Johns. They needed someone with a pedigree of producing a legit blockbuster Hollywood series to map and plan this all out with Snyder and the screenwriters and reign in some of Snyder's excesses (hello slow-mo), and Johns --as much as I like what he does on the comics side of things -- totally and completely screwed the pooch. And because I really like what ultimately came from the BvS extended version and the Snyder Cut JL and anyone has to admit their markably better movies than the theatrical releases, I think it proves the fault for the DCEU's running in place is clearly on WB, and not Snyder.

Sooo it’s a bad thing that marvel made their movies actually count for something along the journey?

meanwhile you had to watch MOS to get what’s happening to start BVS and you had to watch BVS to get what’s going on in JL

DC just did a poor job of development

you could very easily have had a threat come and force all the heroes to come together and work together without major build up or development because the heroes are just coming together and responding to the threat.. they weren’t prepared and didn’t need to actually know each other.. it was done well in the animated movies, where they’re getting acquainted along the way of deal with the situation

I get how some people can rip marvel for taking so long but let’s not act like the movies that built the universe were bad. That’s the thing, D.C sped things up with crappy movies. Ironically it culminated in to a four hour jizz fest

Back
Top Bottom