DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I dont understand Cyborgs powers.

You can highjack and control electronics worldwide but can't control your own self defense system?

Agree with yall on the unnecessary slow mo.

And the music in the first hour or so was just out of place and weird.

What was the point of the Icelanders singing Aquaman off?

They explain the mother boxes and Stepponwolfs agenda a hell of a lot better but the mother boxes are still trash.

Flash still trash.

2 hours left.

Much better than Wheddon's version. 4 hours long though, and could have been trimmed down to an hour less, but fan service obviously took over.

Also there were some parts where I had a small issue with how characters were introduced and revealed in certain scenes,
ie:
- I would have left Cyborg's character out of the opening sequence and introduce his look/backstory after.
-That scene with Martha and Lois meeting and the revelation shortly after was off-putting. Leave that kind of reveal in end or post credits imo.
-Okay so for this one, this is the scene where Alfred sees a cup of water reacting to an impact. And I remember they showed this in the trailers and people were thinking it was Green Lantern and there was a lot of hype. Anyway, it was Superman. But the way the scene was shot seemed lifeless. Camera from a long distance and seeing Superman walk towards Alfred just seemed boring from the way the trailer had set it up. I don't know I guess I expected a greater style of reveal.

And I can see why Ray Fisher raised hell as a bunch of his parts were cut.

Anyway, I'm glad the wait is over and I'm happy for the Snyder family.

Last edited:
A cyborg series/movie would actually have slme interesting stuff it could do.

- Him coming to grips with the human/ machine side of him
- having the power to manipulate the economy basically. We see how he helped out the unfortunate
- knowing the truth about the injsutices goverments do but not being able to do anything about it etc

I don’t really understand the dislike for an extra long movie. It’s not like people are watching in the theaters and have to sit through it continuously.

You could watch this 1.5 hour at a time like a tv show binge and really enjoy it. I actually feel like if the had released this in 5 one hour long episodes it would of been even more dope. Not trying to get a short movie after waiting all this long.

To the actual movie. wow this was amazing. so so so good. the hardest part for me was that i have this bad habit of memorizing movies and scenes...i just can’t help it. and that feeling of i know what this scene is supposed to be and what they’re supposed to be saying kept throwing me off. was like having to press erase mentally as the movie went along. this movie would of been a 9/8 instead of a 8/8 if i could fully forget the other trash version.

The depth of character and seeing them built up. WW being awesome and not a mother hen to jock superhero boys was nice. The decision to bring back supes being uniform was nice. There’s too much to say but simply put - this is what a superhero movie is to me. This is the movie i’ve always been waiting for. I like a darker more serious tone than Avengers and this is exactly the movie i’ve always wanted. I wish this was just the beginning and they had 3 more of these ending in something epic. A shame that’s not what’s going to happen. And Superman. He’s really the best. So good. There’s nothing Marvel could ever do to be better than this version of a Superman.

I don’t really understand the dislike for an extra long movie. It’s not like people are watching in the theaters and have to sit through it continuously.

You could watch this 1.5 hour at a time like a tv show binge and really enjoy it. I actually feel like if the had released this in 5 one hour long episodes it would of been even more dope. Not trying to get a short movie after waiting all this long.

because there were things that could have easily been done to make the movie cleaner

just get a better editor to cut down on some of the shh.. not everything needs to be a whole damn music video type intro with slow mo

And Superman. He’s really the best. So good. There’s nothing Marvel could ever do to be better than this version of a Superman.

what does this even mean?

yall were complaining about the movie runtime befora yall saw it tho

and i know its mostly in jest, a lot of yall were planning on peeing on water bottles in the theater for endgames 3hr runtime :lol:

im not part of this yall you speak off

give me all of it.. I just want it to be good thou

moderndarwin moderndarwin I understand what you mean about Superman. I don’t agree about Marvel not being able to top Snyder’s version of him (they have IMO), but it’s refreshing to see a clear cut top hero in a universe like this where there’s desperation for him to appear. Superman is supposed to be that dude and Snyder did a great job convincing viewers of that.

moderndarwin moderndarwin I understand what you mean about Superman. I don’t agree about Marvel not being able to top Snyder’s version of him (they have IMO), but it’s refreshing to see a clear cut top hero in a universe like this where there’s desperation for him to appear. Superman is supposed to be that dude and Snyder did a great job convincing viewers of that.

but this is part of the problem, look what it took to finally get this version of superman

the dark knight returns part 2 only really works because we get that Batman and Superman have an established relationship and Superman is kinda going at it with kid gloves

you can’t just jump to BVS.. and the payout isn’t really earned in this

i don’t expect snyder to actually get these things because I’ve seen his work.. watchmen being a perfect example of him just missing the point

but that’s why you go with one of Superman’s bigger villains for a sequel like brainiac, for example

and then with lex you develop the character like they did in animated versions where it’s the whole jealous thing and he shouldnt really really be the bad guy but until down the road.. but more he’s creating situations that Superman and justice league have to deal with

The music when Aquaman was about to jump in the water in the beginning was so weird. It was extra with the slow mo and the song choice was mad weird.

what was more weird was that chick pausing from singing to pick up his sweater to sniff it and then like aquaman’s aroma was some gatorade bolt24 to her because she went extra hard when she rejoined the choir.

Aren't the Themayscirans getting a show? I'm fantasizing that it'll have orgy scenes in it like the Spartacus tv show.

I need to watch Zeus and Ares wash everyone again. I remembered Ares was in the first wonder woman movie and she somehow beat him.

Two times I yelled at the screen Barry saving Iris “STOP BEING CREEPY AND SAVE HER!!” and Arthur saving the fisherman “STOP POSING AND SAVE HIM!!!”

just was funny moments. Think the Aquaman one could have been cut.

Their version of flash really sucks. Way overboard with being a dork and awkward. The cw one isn't much better though.

Much better than the other version. Have no idea what WB was thinking letting Joss Whedon cut so much of this movie (Cyborg, Flash, Darkseid) and add some complete ******** (ie. That Russian family in peril during the final battle) and ****** jokes and bright colors instead. Snyder told the story much better but his directing style is still filled with flaws.

Cons
- the over reliance on slow mo action scenes, god damn man. Did we really need to see a sesame seed in slow mo? Lois Lane with her coffee in slow mo? Amazonians unpacking the magic arrow?
- the musical cues, also terrible. Especially that first Aquaman scene with the townspeople singing. I was cringing. Wonder Woman’s theme became annoying QUICK
- Steppenwolf’s eyes were hilarious for some reason
- I’m sorry but the Knightmare part of the Epilogue was terrible. Leto’s Joker just doesn’t land for me. And since we know we’re not getting a sequel that follows up on any of this **** they discussed what the hell was the point? Martian Manhunter meeting Bruce was so damn lame

Pros
- Steppenwolf redesign looked so much better
- Darkseid being in it was good even though he didn’t do much and the anti life equation **** fell pretty flat
- Cyborg and Flash actually having a major role and character development
- Wonder Woman’s fight scenes in this were a million times better than anything in WW1984. Don’t even feel like the same character

Overall I’d give it a 7/10. It was solid and a shame Zack Snyder didn’t get to release a better edited version of this in theaters. A full hour could have been cut off and it would have been fine. Joss Whedon and the WB execs should be ashamed, his version was pathetic

The ladies randomly singing when aqua man went into the water was just hilarious for the wrong reasons :lol: that scene alone made WB pull the plug. That or the slow mo of making coffee and handing it off in the rain :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom