DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

got up to part 3 before I started dozing off.
Dude really is like this when it comes to slomo
giphy.gif

It's wild, because the Whedon JL actually holds a special place in my heart.
I've only seen it that one time and refuse to ever watch it again to preserve the integrity of that night.

I'm so disconnected from the DCEU.
Haven't seen Aquaman so I was kinda like :wow: when Willem Dafoe popped up.
:lol: yeah, I was thinking this AM about how much Snyder could've shaved off the time if he'd even just used half as much slow-mo.

And I totally agree with whoever earlier said they should have ditched the WW hostage scene in the beginning. That was about what, 10 mins? Wasn't necessary at all - she just helped destroy Doomsday, we don't need to see her splattering rando terrorists' brains all over the walls of a museum lol. I'm thinking with some editing they could've trimmed this down to 3:20 or so without losing too much story or details.

^ the WW hostage scene was cool tho

anyway the runtime could easily be shaved down. Maybe 1 less desaad phone call. Shorten some cyborg scenes(I did like the single mother one). Cut down some batmobile shootouts at the end. The movie could easily be 3 hours. Still a lot but yea

Crazy how far Gal has come. I remember laughing out loud when I saw this scene. She’s so much better looking now with some meat on them bones

Zach Snyder Has Directed Long Enough To See Those 2013 MoS "Too Fast" Complaints Turn Into 2021 "Too Slow" Complaints :lol:
There were too fast complaints for Mos? First I'm hearing of that :lol:

What was too fast? The main reason I hear ppl say they love MoS is cuz of the high speed action.
Does Darkseid talk? Or is he just grunting :lol:
All the scenes I seen him he is grunting.
He talks at the end.

There were too fast complaints for Mos? First I'm hearing of that :lol:

What was too fast? The main reason I hear ppl say they love MoS is cuz of the high speed action.

He talks at the end.

Yeah I Remember Complaints About It. I Think It Was The Speed At Which A Lot Of The Characters Moved In Flight/Battle That

I Always Found Them Funny Tho Considering...Superman Is...Fast :lol:

^ the WW hostage scene was cool tho

anyway the runtime could easily be shaved down. Maybe 1 less desaad phone call. Shorten some cyborg scenes(I did like the single mother one). Cut down some batmobile shootouts at the end. The movie could easily be 3 hours. Still a lot but yea

the hostage scene wasn't bad by any means...its a great standard hero takes down bad guys action sequence. i was just noting that in the grand scheme of 4 hrs, it didn't need to be there, but I'm saying that after watching WW84 and the first JL. so my opinion is a bit skewed.

that said, WW's takedown of the terrorists > all of WW84.

It’s relative guys. She was a stick figure back then. She’s still skinny but not anorexic

her accent is fire tho and she pretty as hell so idc if she not built like Rihanna. She is def a go, word to my man Han (RIP :nerd:?)

should i watch the theatrical release first?

i mean..not really. but really the point of that would only to see what whedon cut from snyder's version. but if u DO want to watch it, i'd say watch the Snyder cut first. then the Whedon cut.

I'm bettin it'll hit different. you're gonna watch that whedon cut and be like "tf is this "within that first hour :lol:

Yeah I Remember Complaints About It. I Think It Was The Speed At Which A Lot Of The Characters Moved In Flight/Battle That

I Always Found Them Funny Tho Considering...Superman Is...Fast :lol:

That's the first I heard of the MoS fight scenes being too fast. One of the things I liked about that movie. :lol: It's what I envisioned a live action DBZ fighting scene should be portrayed.

should i watch the theatrical release first?

No sir... don't do it to yourself. I mean, based alone on the fact that this sucker's 4hrs long why would you want to watch an additional 2.5 hrs of clear inferiority?

Same with BvS - anyone who hasn't seen it yet should just watch the extended version.

Edit: I hold this mentality for everything, though FWIW. I only watch the extended LOTRs and Potter movies, as well. Sure there's always stuff that could've stayed on the cutting room floor in all of them, but there's a reason the extra scenes/dialogue were shot, sound corrected, SFX'd etc. - generally the screenwriter and/or director wanted them included as part of the story they intended to tell.

I don’t think man of steel went too fast. If anything I think they threw too much into it and didn’t know how to edit it up. They did fast forward through some things. Overall they just needed to cut out some stuff in the movie would’ve been much better

Well...took two days because i kept falling asleep.
But was def longer than og...still crappy writing. Could have done wout a bunch of the random nonsense. Felt all over the place. I say go back to the drawing board and redo the whole dcu

Back
Top Bottom