DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Parademons can find the 1st box on an invisible island. 2nd box under da sea. But couldnt find the 3rd under 3 feet of dirt?

It’s crazy how the Amazonians were the only ones who really kept their end of the bargain. They had a whole platoon dedicated to guarding it and a failsafe of not letting anything get out of the fortress. They actually made hammerhead work for it. The Atlanteans had a skeleton crew (yeah they said the others were fighting the rebels) i thought though for sure they would have had great whites, orcas, and dolphins circling the box with like a wall of strong currents encasing it or let the kraken have it. They were lucky Mera and Aquaman decided to show up at that very instance to give some resistance. And the humans just buried it in a shallow ditch showing no effort whatsoever so future peeps can easily stumble upon it and weaponize it.

Leto is so obnoxious as the joker. No subtlety whatsoever.
Seriously the more i keep seeing his version the more i see a dude doing a bad impression of ace ventura.

Last edited:
Man that sequence alone was better than anything DC has ever put out, that joint was FLAMES, joker was PERFECT, Mera as part of the squad! Where was Diana?
Dead

This dude snyder really couldn’t help himself with this song during the credits
It’s a song his daughter loved. They put it in every movie he’s made as a inside joke so now it’s a tribute to her.

Parademons can find the 1st box on an invisible island. 2nd box under da sea. But couldnt find the 3rd under 3 feet of dirt?

First box called to Steppenwolf. Second he stole the location and the 3rd called him too as soon as it got power.

Reactions are as divisive as I thought, thread reminds me of the star wars thread somewhat. Will be watching Saturday but regardless I'm glad Snyder got got his vision out (regardless of how I feel about the work itself) cause I don't like when creatives get their stuff meddled with by the execs cause they want to sell some **** or push their own ideas. Also happy Fisher got to showcase himself in what is probably his biggest role to date (even though his character doesn't interest me whatsoever).

A shame what could of been of the DCEU

See the Darkseid stuff irritated me in this...

I feel like the “Age of Hero’s” stuff was intended to be Steppenwolf but Snyder changed it up to make it Darkseid...Just logically made more sense that way 🤷‍♂️...Plus if you make that Steppenwolf it gives a built in reason why Darkseid banished him...I just don’t get the approach...

Nevermind the obvious WTF plot hole, how the **** is Darkseid going to forget the ONE world that he didn’t conquer? Plus in that battle he got washed way too easily...Just seemed like they underpowered him for no reason...I don’t know, just kind of stuck out as odd...

Son got a paragraph dedicated to me almost equal to his opinion about a 4 hour movie :lol:

Yet I'm allegedly on ignore :smh:

Living rent free in ya mind and I don't even recognize who you are :lol: Holding on to interactions from 7 years ago.

Please put me on ignore ASAP.
:lol: The feelings in this thread at times are second to none, i'm gonna need to see some paystubs.

:rofl:

I liked Darkseid a lot btw. Snyder did a good job making him menacing as he should be.

only complaint I got with that really, is dude in every battle goes to his eye beams

how he taking an L in that first scene and not use em

Thought the movie was average. Glad Ray Fisher got more screen time which is what I really wanted from this movie, damn shame all of his scenes were cut like that.

probably my favorite scene was
-Flash reversing time after they failed because that would be somethin Barry would do. Really liked that scene.
- Superman Black Suit! :pimp: So damn dope! I love Henry Cavill as Superman, really wish WB/DC would get their **** together and give us a sequel to the Man of Steel or somethin

Speaking of I didnt really remember Bats wearing those black goggles forst go around. Reminded me of Owlman.

Then I found myself asking why would you want the guy who directed Watchmen to direct a Superman and JL movie :smh:

I must’ve missed all the menacing Darkseid scenes lol.

Them few lil scenes aint grab me like the first time I seen Thanos in Infinity War.

You did and of course not :lol: . Thanos is the GOAT but they did a good job with what they could with Darkseid.

only complaint I got with that really, is dude in every battle goes to his eye beams

how he taking an L in that first scene and not use em

I guess when he was younger he didn’t have em yet but theres a backstory to Darkseid just like there is to Thanos. Would like to see animated movie or real time on both. Surprised nobody has done at least an animated on em.

Way too much slow mo
Weird musical selections
Lotta fluff that wasn't purposeful
Last fighting scene was 🔥🔥🔥
Super and more Cyborg were good
Overall though still underwhelming and ridiculous that it was as long as it was.

5/8

Also the whole motherboxes, planet destroying, anti-life stuff felt like it had no weight, felt like he didn't give the audience any real reason to care.

Finished it late last night. Where to begin...I'm gonna write this off the top.

Mera can get it. good lord amber heard is beautiful. would give her the TriD all day. the accent i think is new tho so..idk wat was up with that.

Off the first view, the tone is much better. Snyder got rid of all that corny *** whedon dialogue i hate that bs. I am not mad at the run time, it was bench pressing a lot of DCEU so, given the circumstances, wat choice did he have. The R rated tone was much more appreciated here.

It is insane to see how much cyborg was cut from the 1st version. i don't even know how to put it in words, but if it really was the result of racism, then...wat else is there to say? can't go looking for the logic in it. but the plot was sooooo much more defined with cyborg being the key player here.

I feel like the wonder woman fight scenes were the best I've seen thus far. idk wat the hell they were thinking with WW84. may not have needed the initial scene with her saving those kids, for the sake of time honestly, but again, much better action sequences with this character.

Darkseid was well portrayed here. Him not remembering the anti life on earth...i don't get that, something is off :nerd: :nerd:

I think snyder was doing a bit too much with some of the early sequences with flash and...something else i can't recall. like the flash scene didn't need to feel like a MTV music video. I think they need to improve the running wit flash too. Costume is A1, speed force effects are A1..but his running is...off. I think it was choreographed better in the TV show.

Im just gonna say it. WB really dropped the ball with batman. I need that R rated batman movie in my life. Idk what was going on behind the scenes with ben affleck, but personally, i really enjoyed his portrayal. nolan verse was great, but fight scenes aren't as brutal as the comics...granted nolan was going for that, the man made a WW2 movie and there was hardly a drop of blood so...

Overall the action was better choreographed as well. as much hate as snyder may get for some, dude can pull of an action scene pretty well with the intention to have it feel like you're watching an animated film.

martian manhunter bum ***. man pulled up like...aight son I'll help. i dig the character design, but i think budget constraints showed a lot on him. He was full CGI, compared to motion capture with some razzle dazzle of CGI sprinkled on top. solid choice for actor tho. I CAN see an argument for cutting his character since my man didn't want to help.

i thought the epilogue was done well.

leto as joker...i won't cosign that laugh. i can't my baseline is mark hamil. but i didn't mind him as the joker. that's always been my take and given WB with their abysmal creative direction i can't blame leto for being frustrated with how things turned out. they turned him into a marketing gimmick for suicide squad and his *** was less useful to the plot than martian manhunter was to JL.

o yea...superman's resurrection was executed better.

this movie should have never happened. all things considered, i have to judge based on what snyder was able/allowed to pull off, but this is still a product of WB trash *** executives james dolan-ing it up with DCEU.

...seriously tho. mera was the baddest one in the whole movie.

got up to part 3 before I started dozing off.
Dude really is like this when it comes to slomo
giphy.gif

It's wild, because the Whedon JL actually holds a special place in my heart.
I've only seen it that one time and refuse to ever watch it again to preserve the integrity of that night.

I'm so disconnected from the DCEU.
Haven't seen Aquaman so I was kinda like :wow: when Willem Dafoe popped up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom