DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

You don’t even like anything DCEU and have no desire to discuss it so your presence is baffling
The DCEU is dead.

This is where all the info on new DC movies are posted like The Batman (love Batman), 4th World/New Gods, new JJ Abrams Superman, etc. Plenty desire to discuss that

I can wait out stuff like Flash, WW3, Black Adam, etc.

But hey continue to be baffled or feign ignorance.

Cyborg and Flash were the MVP. They were using Flash as a spark plug the entire movie :rofl:
:lol: I forget how the theatrical version ended, I think Cyborg and Superman just separated the boxes and then the parademons ate betaWolf but I did like how they failed and Flash's whole time travel to the past to be the spark plug and save the day.

I mean the visuals look good (as expected). Miller still runs like a doofus.

Last edited:
I told y’all that was the hot take a couple day's ago...WB/DC is about to be the studio that gets outed for editing a movie down to remove a black lead character...It’s arguable that he was at the very least a co-lead in this version of the movie...

I mean I’m trying to think if the rest of the league had as many scenes as he did and I don’t think any of them did...

I told y’all that was the hot take a couple day's ago...WB/DC is about to be the studio that gets outed for editing a movie down to remove a black lead character...It’s arguable that he was at the very least a co-lead in this version of the movie...

I mean I’m trying to think if the rest of the league had as many scenes as he did and I don’t think any of them did...
Are there more instances of this?

a lot of flash scene and importance were cut too but is it wb/dc or was it whedon?

im pretty sure rays scenes would have stayed had zack stayed and finished his version no matter what the execs said

i mean they did cast a samoan for aquaman when people wanted a blue-eyed white dude and an israeli to play ww

as much as they seem to be overcompensating with a hispanic hero, black supes, etc... they were kind of ahead of it from the beginning and you can at least credit zack for that and thats why momoa and ray are hardcore loyal to dude

think this is the first time ive seen darkseid and him not use his eye beams...

It is weird cuz what came out felt more like a Batman centric movie where he was forming the team even if the turnaround and motivation was poor.

This version heavily makes this about Cyborg's origin. Go the extra mile with the father (another dumb death) having the voice over at the end too.

The racism label been there with DC but this looks crazy. Only excuse they got is they wanted a shorter movie.

It is weird cuz what came out felt more like a Batman centric movie where he was forming the team even if the turnaround and motivation was poor.

This version heavily makes this about Cyborg's origin. Go the extra mile with the father (another dumb death) having the voice over at the end too.

The racism label been there with DC but this looks crazy. Only excuse they got is they wanted a shorter movie.

I read an article somewhere over the past couple days where Snyder specifically says he wanted to go heavy on Cyborg in this movie because all the other league members had or would be getting their own standalone movies...Cyborg was the only one the studio didn’t have plans on using for a standalone...

Not a stretch to call him the main character in this at all...It’s debatable at the very least...

I read an article somewhere over the past couple days where Snyder specifically says he wanted to go heavy on Cyborg in this movie because all the other league members had or would be getting their own standalone movies...Cyborg was the only one the studio didn’t have plans on using for a standalone...

Not a stretch to call him the main character in this at all...It’s debatable at the very least...

cyborg was gon have his own solo movie and yall clowned dc/wb for it but yah by the time jl was being made he was out and was relegated to being a partner in the flash film

Considering snyder directed MOS, BVS and now this

now of those films feel the same.. like visually speaking

a lot of flash scene and importance were cut too but is it wb/dc or was it whedon?

im pretty sure rays scenes would have stayed had zack stayed and finished his version no matter what the execs said

i mean they did cast a samoan for aquaman when people wanted a blue-eyed white dude and an israeli to play ww

as much as they seem to be overcompensating with a hispanic hero, black supes, etc... they were kind of ahead of it from the beginning and you can at least credit zack for that and thats why momoa and ray are hardcore loyal to dude
It’s probably all Geoff Johns and Whedon.

His face when Desaad said 50k had me dying. Like "yo fam for real?"
tenor.gif

Last edited:
After watching it last night at midnight to 4am and then struggling to get thru my day :lol: I'm giving it another go round mainly for the action.
One funny thing is you don't see chubby Affleck from all the *** reshoots Whedon did:rofl:

Finally finished, got a headache it was so long. It was cool though, def more cohesive. I kinda want to see the story they had planned out but not really. Maybe a JL Snyder animation.

I actually enjoyed Synder Syndering ie the visual effects, slow mo, random segments like music videos etc. Reminded me of watching VH1 back in the day or something.

Shout out to Ray Fisher, he's really the one vindicated here. Son was so integral to the story, the way the theatrical version cut him out is wild. WB did that ****, I Believe everything he said.

That said this is still nowhere near the level of quality these characters deserve, but I enjoyed it. Maybe 4.8/8, don't have a solid rating yet.

Finally finished, got a headache it was so long. It was cool though, def more cohesive. I kinda want to see the story they had planned out but not really. Maybe a JL Snyder animation.

I actually enjoyed Synder Syndering ie the visual effects, slow mo, random segments like music videos etc. Reminded me of watching VH1 back in the day or something.

Shout out to Ray Fisher, he's really the one vindicated here. Son was so integral to the story, the way the theatrical version cut him out is wild. WB did that ****, I Believe everything he said.

That said this is still nowhere near the level of quality these characters deserve, but I enjoyed it. Maybe 4.8/8, don't have a solid rating yet.
They also let Flash factor into the big battles more instead of just saving random people/Russians the whole time.

Superman was handled way better in the final battle as well

Back
Top Bottom