DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

For Cali heads, the snydercut is like taking highway 1 from the Bay to LA (or vice versa). It’s the longer, more scenic route with frequent pit stops and landmarks. Highway 5 however (Whedon cut), its a straight shot but it’s doo doo and farmland, and you can get away with just one rest stop.

What y’all picking???? In the end, it’s the same movie and you dread either scenario regardless what’s faster or more scenic.... I would add, the flash scene was sick.

Movie should def not be 4 hours. I took like 4-5 breaks.

Said it before, the Amazons and age of heroes sequences are still my favorites. Seemed like Zeus and Ares washed darkseid with ease.

Gal always looking so scrumptious when she's showing off her strength and speed bursts in action scenes.

I need Faora bae to re-emerge somehow and wrestle wonder woman and the other Amazons in chick-fil-a sauce.

steppenwolf and darkseid are so damn generic looking. What is snyder's obsession with putting everyone in chrome or some dark / dirty looking armor?

The martian manhunter scenes weren't necessary. Weird that he pretended to be martha and cheer up lois. Mind your business bruh. Then he tells bruce he wants to help for the next war but was chillin when everyone was fighting steppenwolf. The last scene was weird. That different leto joker still sucks and why was deathstroke rocking a mohawk. Sorry, amber heard, your lying self is getting cancelled.

Overall, this version wasn't too bad. Would give it a b -.

Man I started watching this around 6 in the morning, stopped and went to sleep. Tried again in the afternoon fell asleep had to rewind :lol:

If anything, I'm blaming Whedon less from what I'm seeing. This is the same movie just lengthened. He added a few lame jokes and for some reason added scenes to the Superman revival which led to that whole cgi mustache thing :smh: He added the do you bleed callback surprisingly.

MM showing up so far seemed like a complete waste. **** is he checking in on Lois Lane of all ppl for?

I still got like 45 min of this left.

Just finished..................

I mean it’s basically still the same movie...Little extra character stuff here and there...The first two hours were ROUGH...Second half was good...No reason WB couldn’t have gone with this version and trimmed it down by an hour at least...

Got home from work, had some moonrock with ice cream cake, lil personal of patron, mannnnnnn I got 45 mins into it, I just turned it off. I couldn’t do another 3 hours. I was really hoping I got proven wrong with my slander. ...... DC really the Washington Wizards in these streets.

Movie should def not be 4 hours. I took like 4-5 breaks.

Said it before, the Amazons and age of heroes sequences are still my favorites. Seemed like Zeus and Ares washed darkseid with ease.

Made my man bleed and everything, light work. Those were the highlights in an otherwise very boring movie.

Cyborg is such a buzz kill. :rofl:

Made my man bleed and everything, light work. Those were the highlights in an otherwise very boring movie.

Cyborg is such a buzz kill. :rofl:
Zeus didn't even blast darkseid with big bolts of lightning and he was already ready to go down. ares swiped once with his axe and darkseid was ready to go home and retire.

Also, for the non-comic geeks, how the hell we suppose to know and care what an anti-life equation is? Obviously it sounds bad but people don't care about math or equations.

twitter thread of ryan watching gl for the first time, just click on the thread for a read through

Just finished..................

I mean it’s basically still the same movie...Little extra character stuff here and there...The first two hours were ROUGH...Second half was good...No reason WB couldn’t have gone with this version and trimmed it down by an hour at least...
Its cuz when Snyder left it wasn't finished.

Its not like Snyder gave WB this 4 hour version and they were like nah lets get Whedon to do reshoots.

Zeus didn't even blast darkseid with big bolts of lightning and he was already ready to go down. ares swiped once with his axe and darkseid was ready to go home and retire.

Also, for the non-comic geeks, how the hell we suppose to know and care what an anti-life equation is? Obviously it sounds bad but people don't care about math or equations.
Yeah, in this movie that has no stakes. Didn't really have to add that here but all of that was to set up a sequel Snyder will not be making.

man DCU fans are literally shooting for the stars at this point.
31D6C709-85F3-4EA8-A0AD-EAC74ED268E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah if I was Ray, I’d be pissed at WB too. They really took all his scenes with his backstory and stuff out of the og cut. They really tried to cut him out of the film.

I liked this way better than I did the og JL movie.

OG was like a 3-4/8
ZSJL is like a 6-7. It has its issues but I did enjoy it. Thank god they changed up Barry. That bs about him not wanting to fight was weird in the og cut.

That was honestly better than i thought it was going to be. I would watch it again. If dc could release movies like this (of course with some editing), marvel would finally have some competition and ensure marvel won’t ever rest on their laurels.

Kinda salty now their wont be a followup movie with Darkseid finally arriving to Earth.

Let’s talk about 2 scenes tho
The Bruce/MM scene was weird. Like you just stroll up to Bruce house and he like “I’m joining the team.

the knightmare scene was also just not needed. I guess it was cool but we don’t need the teasing and Leto just overacts as Joker. Put him out to pasture already

Let’s talk about 2 scenes tho
The Bruce/MM scene was weird. Like you just stroll up to Bruce house and he like “I’m joining the team.

the knightmare scene was also just not needed. I guess it was cool but we don’t need the teasing and Leto just overacts as Joker. Put him out to pasture already
Snyder had a bunch of nonsense leftover so he threw it in there.

Absolutely no reason to introduce and **** up the Martian Manhunter like that.

Like really why not **** up a Green Lantern? There's a bunch of them.

Snyder had a bunch of nonsense leftover so he threw it in there.

Absolutely no reason to introduce and **** up the Martian Manhunter like that.

Like really why not **** up a Green Lantern? There's a bunch of them.
Apparently it was going to be John Stewart and DC said no cause they plan on using him so they compromised with MM... whose been on the planet the whole damn time.

Apparently it was going to be John Stewart and DC said no cause they plan on using him so they compromised with MM... whose been on the planet the whole damn time.
That doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't DC allow John Stewart to appear in their main team up movie?

Back
Top Bottom