DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Watched the first half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon with a nap in between :lol: I thought it was done very well imo

i really dont need anymore snyder ish in dc in my life but i really do wish someone takes the helm and do a suicide squad-ish type of film with the knightmare sequence, if i were wb id maybe offer that to affleck to direct or something

the bats & jokers interaction was top notch and that joker is the one we needed for ss and wouldnt mind that version continue on the existing dceu, maybe have him fall on the vat of acid again and it makes him more pale and erases all the dumb tattoo

Moive was aight. I don't know where those extra 2 hours came from. It didn't seem like all that much was added to the OG release. More Cyborg, couple more flash scenes, a little bit of Darkseid and a new ending. Major plot was more or less the same. All in all I enjoyed it don't plan on rewatching it.

Could used more Iris too. Glad to have Kiersey byke :blush:

i really dont need anymore snyder ish in dc in my life but i really do wish someone takes the helm and do a suicide squad-ish type of film with the knightmare sequence, if i were wb id maybe offer that to affleck to direct or something

the bats & jokers interaction was top notch and that joker is the one we needed for ss and wouldnt mind that version continue on the existing dceu, maybe have him fall on the vat of acid again and it makes him more pale and erases all the dumb tattoo

Man that sequence alone was better than anything DC has ever put out, that joint was FLAMES, joker was PERFECT, Mera as part of the squad! Where was Diana?

I read an article somewhere over the past couple days where Snyder specifically says he wanted to go heavy on Cyborg in this movie because all the other league members had or would be getting their own standalone movies...Cyborg was the only one the studio didn’t have plans on using for a standalone...

Not a stretch to call him the main character in this at all...It’s debatable at the very least...
Makes sense. That's usually the approach in the comics with Avengers. Cap, Thor, Hulk, Spidey, Iron Man, etc. have their steady ongoing titles so authors were free to get creative and focus on characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc.

My only thing here is I was not particularly enjoying the writing for Cyborg or Ray Fisher's acting. Nothing about the performance made me want to see a Cyborg solo movie.

Finally finished, got a headache it was so long.
Same happened to me. Found myself asking why am I doing this? Then I just took the day to get through it.
cyborg was gon have his own solo movie and yall clowned dc/wb for it but yah by the time jl was being made he was out and was relegated to being a partner in the flash film
That was never going to really happen :lol: And it shouldn't have been announced.

WB/DC went for that 90s tokenism and used a character that really wasn't fit to be anything more than that. They made the same change in comics earlier but no efforts were made to make Cyborg be viewed on the level of heroes who all had their own rogues gallery and lore.

They had no real plans or vision. Its a wonder that the Flash movie is still a thing.
How Darkseid didn’t hit them with the laser beam?
:lol:
Same exact thing I was thinking. Whole team staring him down, portal still open, I would've blasted all of them just cuz :lol:

Finally finished. Where do I start. Question...How did Steppenwolf betray Darkseid and why were the leaders so mad at him before he started getting the boxes? Backstory?

Supes finally used his freezing breath after I was hating on him for never using it :lol:

loved Steppenwolf this time around. Much better and menacing.

They did Cyborg DIRTY. I would be HOT too.

Yeah this was way more cohesive but 4hrs was a drag. I can actually say I’m happy for Snyder for getting it out.

Movie is easily better than the other version

dialogue ain’t great and I feel like the failing of the other version was great in cutting out some of that mess, like cutting some of the Aqua bro mess

but it needed an editor to clean up some of this mess..

id like to see this version of a snyder mortal kombat movie

Also, they really shouldn’t have had dude call himself that at the very very end

just say have him say “my name is j’onn” and call it that.. then like with scarlet witch, other people come up with that name

The big silver lining in this extendo, is definitely the Whedon/Fischer scandal. The whole cutting of Cyborg’s arc destroyed this movie; he was damn near one of the mother boxes and was co-lead with Superman in this film.

Not sure why he was cut off, may be WB was so pressured to get an ensemble on screen. However, I believe there wouldn’t be no problem if this was more of a Cyborg origin film with the formation of the justice league, but still call it the justice league. Marvel does it all the time; Infinity War and Endgame were almost entirely iron man and captain America arcs.

If they went the theatre route, of a condensed Snydercut with emphasis on Cyborg’s origin, and the return of Superman, then you got the formation of the justice league in 2.5 hrs. I believe that’s totally doable if you trim scenes. Boom we would’ve had sequels since, what a missed opportunity.

Infinity war was thanos’ movie

end game was closure for the OG avengers in some form

the movie it should be compared to is civil war.. which was really about BP and zemo

The big silver lining in this extendo, is definitely the Whedon/Fischer scandal. The whole cutting of Cyborg’s arc destroyed this movie; he was damn near one of the mother boxes and was co-lead with Superman in this film.

Not sure why he was cut off, may be WB was so pressured to get an ensemble on screen. However, I believe there wouldn’t be no problem if this was more of a Cyborg origin film with the formation of the justice league, but still call it the justice league. Marvel does it all the time; Infinity War and Endgame were almost entirely iron man and captain America arcs.

If they went the theatre route, of a condensed Snydercut with emphasis on Cyborg’s origin, and the return of Superman, then you got the formation of the justice league in 2.5 hrs. I believe that’s totally doable if you trim scenes. Boom we would’ve had sequels since, what a missed opportunity.

Hit it right on the head. At the end of the movie I was like "damn they missed a big opportunity following up with the Darkseid/Anti-life sequels"

Finished watching it and I feel exactly as I did following seeing the extended ed of BvS - why didn't Whedon/WB just make/release it like this in the first place? :lol:

Yeah, 4 hrs is way too long for theatrical release, of course, but if Snyder's daughter didn't die I wonder if this could've been expanded slightly more and split into 2 separate films, Deathly Hallows-style.

Anyway, as a DC die-hard I loved all the references to comic storylines and characters, not just as fan-service but tied to the film's plot and possible DCEU continuity (as F'd as that now is thanks to the uselessness of WB execs :smh: ).

Anyway, I totally dug it, I'm glad it was released on HBO Max instead of in theaters (pee breaks are critical lol) and I really hope another miracle happens and we can somehow get a continuation of this storyline with more Darkseid.

Btw, funky aspect ratio is due to IMAX screens. Had to look it up to make sure my HBO Max settings weren't jacked up.

Oh, and since I only come in here AFTER the movies come out in order to avoid spoilers I completely forgot about Zik constantly b**ching about and ridiculing everything in this thread. Thought I already had him ignored, but man, after about three pages of seeing him in every third post I took care of that and frankly this thread's a hell of a lot better without his endless poison. I'd have thought he'd have just moved on by now (I made the mistake of engaging with him when I first joined 7 yrs ago), but trolls gotta troll, I suppose. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Finished watching it and I feel exactly as I did following seeing the extended ed of BvS - why didn't Whedon/WB just make/release it like this in the first place? :lol:

Yeah, 4 hrs is way too long for theatrical release, of course, but if Snyder's daughter didn't die I wonder if this could've been expanded slightly more and split into 2 separate films, Deathly Hallows-style.

Anyway, as a DC die-hard I loved all the references to comic storylines and characters, not just as fan-service but tied to the film's plot and possible DCEU continuity (as F'd as that now is thanks to the uselessness of WB execs :smh: ).

Anyway, I totally dug it, I'm glad it was released on HBO Max instead of in theaters (pee breaks are critical lol) and I really hope another miracle happens and we can somehow get a continuation of this storyline with more Darkseid.

Btw, funky aspect ratio is due to IMAX screens. Had to look it up to make sure my HBO Max settings weren't jacked up.

Oh, and since I only come in here AFTER the movies come out in order to avoid spoilers I completely forgot about Zik constantly b**ching about and ridiculing everything in this thread. Thought I already had him ignored, but man, after about three pages of seeing him in every third post I took care of that and frankly this thread's a hell of a lot better without his endless poison. I'd have thought he'd have just moved on by now (I made the mistake of engaging with him when I first joined 7 yrs ago), but trolls gotta troll, I suppose. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Son got a paragraph dedicated to me almost equal to his opinion about a 4 hour movie :lol:

Yet I'm allegedly on ignore :smh:

Living rent free in ya mind and I don't even recognize who you are :lol: Holding on to interactions from 7 years ago.

Please put me on ignore ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom