DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

bird of prey was enjoyable *shrug* i didn't expect much from it. but then again, i didn't read any source material so it really could be trash by comparison.

I actually liked ewan mcgreggor as black mask. maybe someone could've done better, but i thought he did an aright job.

BVS wasn't as bad as suicide squad so a 3/10 seems harsh imo lol. movie was flawed so i can see why it was...abrasive for many.

but some in here it seems like Master Zik Master Zik have studied the ancient texts (read: comics) so i can't argue with their angle at all. I've started to dive into the comics now, picking up some batman novels for now..

bird of prey was enjoyable *shrug* i didn't expect much from it. but then again, i didn't read any source material so it really could be trash by comparison.

I actually liked ewan mcgreggor as black mask. maybe someone could've done better, but i thought he did an aright job.
I didn't hate Birds of Prey or even think it was THAT bad. It was mediocre. A clear Deadpool ripoff that failed (DP isn't even that good to be copying like that anyway).

But at that point after how terribad BvS was to me I don't even approach the DC movies the same anymore. I haven't encountered a movie worse from them so I've been more generous to JL, Shazam, Aquaman, etc.

BVS wasn't as bad as suicide squad so a 3/10 seems harsh imo lol. movie was flawed so i can see why it was...abrasive for many.
I think it was just as bad.

Like they rushed to that moment and completely botched using their A-list trio and villains. The idea of that movie on paper minus Zack Snyder should've been cinematic greatness.

So now I cant even be angry at how bad things are cuz I don't have any hope for things to get better.
but some in here it seems like Master Zik Master Zik have studied the ancient texts (read: comics) so i can't argue with their angle at all. I've started to dive into the comics now, picking up some batman novels for now..
Good to hear. Check the comic book thread for recommendations if you need any.

I gotta say I don't even come at DC movies from a comics angle cuz I've never liked DC that much and am no super expert with their comics. I've read some but what makes me extra critical is how great DC's animated shows were under Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie among others. Not to mention I also really liked Smallville and have always been a Batman fan in any medium.

That the movies are this bad were inexcusable. Add in the racist ****

Would You Guys Consider Birds Of Prey And Suicide Squad The Weakest Movies In The DCEU? If Not What Do You?

I Probably Slander Birds Of Prey/Suicide Squad Because They Are The Bottom Of The Barrel Of The DCEU To Me. I Felt Like They Were The Only Two Movies Were I Didnt Want To See Any Of The Characters Again. Also Not A Huge Margot Robbie Fan.

GOOD
Aquaman
MoS
WW
Shazam

OK (Slight Letdown)
BvS
Justice League

BAD
WW84
SS
BoP

I Probably Slander Birds Of Prey/Suicide Squad Because They Are The Bottom Of The Barrel Of The DCEU To Me. I Felt Like They Were The Only Two Movies Were I Didnt Want To See Any Of The Characters Again. Also Not A Huge Margot Robbie Fan.

GOOD
Aquaman
MoS
WW
Shazam

OK (Slight Letdown)
BvS
Justice League

BAD
WW84
SS
BoP
Lol your list needs to begin at let down and end at unwatchable

Friend of mine just sent me this from Reddit...

4973A330-4BD1-48D6-A319-4AC2637E79D5.jpeg

Would You Guys Consider Birds Of Prey And Suicide Squad The Weakest Movies In The DCEU? If Not What Do You?
All of the Zack Snyder movies and Suicide Squad are the weakest. Super weak.

Then stuff like WW, WW84, JL, and BoP.

The easier question would be which movies are passable...I mean damn...
:rofl:

I guess Shazam.
Friend of mine just sent me this from Reddit...

4973A330-4BD1-48D6-A319-4AC2637E79D5.jpeg
Meh, they've been saying this since it got out that WB has no plans on working with Snyder on this again :lol:

The way that's worded makes it sound like they want to keep trolling WB in to making more terrible Zack Snyder movies :lol:

The only outside slim chance I see is if this future JJ Abrams vision is even more of a failure than Snyder's but even then I'd bet WB would then go ask another director of prominence or go young.

I agree and I think the only way they bring Zack back is if the actors vouch for him and they demand to bring him back.

I agree and I think the only way they bring Zack back is if the actors vouch for him and they demand to bring him back.
Hard to envision that given none of these actors have any pull individually or as a group.

Affleck the biggest name and been done. He not putting it on the line for Zack Snyder.

Cavill probably the best cast and he is getting done extra dirty.

Gadot's next movie is most likely her last.

Miller is lucky to still be the Flash.

Momoa could make some noise but would he risk it for Snyder?

And then there's Fisher :lol: who probably will never work for Warner Bros. again.

I don't know their plan for the Flash movie, Aquaman, Shazam, new take on SS, and their movies in the works but they can easily scrap a lot of it continuity wise and justify a bunch of recasting.

Hard to envision that given none of these actors have any pull individually or as a group.

Affleck the biggest name and been done. He not putting it on the line for Zack Snyder.

Cavill probably the best cast and he is getting done extra dirty.

Gadot's next movie is most likely her last.

Miller is lucky to still be the Flash.

Momoa could make some noise but would he risk it for Snyder?

And then there's Fisher :lol: who probably will never work for Warner Bros. again.

I don't know their plan for the Flash movie, Aquaman, Shazam, new take on SS, and their movies in the works but they can easily scrap a lot of it continuity wise and justify a bunch of recasting.

Good takes :lol: . Snyder is good as done

Ill nevrr watch Shazam again.

BVS was a sleeping pill

Josstice League was the Most Disappointing Movie in my entire life.

I keep forgetting that I saw Birds of Prey. i remember liking it tho.

Suicide Squad was ok. I liked the wiggling chick. I liked the way she wiggled.

Going to the theater to see Wonder Woman and seeing generations and generations of women cramming into the theater was DOPE to see. The experience was better than the movie. That said......

Ill never watch Wonder Woman again. :lol:

Aquaman was good.

MOS was a masterpiece. By far FARRRRR my favorite version of Superman.

5C2EBD57-68EC-46EF-BA2A-B5F979282A19.jpeg
6C8194F3-9FC8-4CD5-A8E4-F36F5CAC64D9.jpeg

Just finished downloading. Time to throw it into the TV and see if it’s any good.

killing me already with this “should’ve gone for the head“ scene.

I was gonna complain about spoilers lol.

Then I'm like, we've all seen this movie already.

Its literally just the directors cut.

Back
Top Bottom