DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Reactions certainly aren’t overwhelmingly positive...It seems like it’s ~surprise, surprise~ very middle of the road...So it’s a typical Zack Snyder film basically...His loyalists will eat it up while everybody else will settle on being just meh...

Plus the overtly positive reviews that are coming out now almost unanimously say it’s far better than the theatrical release...That’s not saying it’s a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination...Anything is bound to be better than the theatrical cut...

Fully expecting essentially the same movie but with bigger character arc’s and some juxtaposition added in...

I think expecting it to be a masterpiece is doing a disservice to it and yourself. It was never billed as that. It’s basically just an I told you my version was better than that. Instead of a 4/10 it’s a 7/10.

people been slandering him instead of whedon for years. Also it’s an F U to whedon and the execs who cut cyborg and a bunch of other stuff out. They in fact didn’t know what was best

:rofl:
1615838610974.png

i think you guys are approaching this movie the wrong way

think of it as a time waster on thursday until it hits midnight and then you can watch TF&WS...

or a palette cleanser between WV and TF&WS

people been slandering him instead of whedon for years. Also it’s an F U to whedon and the execs who cut cyborg and a bunch of other stuff out. They in fact didn’t know what was best

Probably The Biggest Story In All Of This, Like What Were Yall Thinking Cutting The Bulk And Substance Of The Movie :lol:

Also Kind Of Nuts That This Is Even Happening. Even If It's To Generate Streams For Their Streaming Service This Is Unprecedented.

Probably The Biggest Story In All Of This, Like What Were Yall Thinking Cutting The Bulk And Substance Of The Movie :lol:

Also Kind Of Nuts That This Is Even Happening. Even If It's To Generate Streams For Their Streaming Service This Is Unprecedented.
It’s from ATT not necessarily from WB. WB execs likely wants nothing to do with Snyder but HBO max needs content so ATT said here you go zack

i think you guys are approaching this movie the wrong way

think of it as a time waster on thursday until it hits midnight and then you can watch TF&WS...

or a palette cleanser between WV and TF&WS
This will be a good distraction from work for a few hours

I really liked MoS. But Pa Kent’s death was wack to me too, easily the worse part of the movie by a mile.

I haven’t watched the movie in awhile, but I remember being in the theater like “that’s how you gonna off Pa Kent?” I get what they were trying to do - put Clark in a position to hide the secret at all costs, but they could have found a better way of doing it.
It was pure trash.

Actually worse than making Superman forced to snap a neck.
😬...

Looks like the positive fake hype reviews come out first then ppl who keep it real start dropping their reviews.

RT

74% for the SnyderCut
40% for the WhedonAbuse
Now I'm just waiting for the review that says Whedon's theatrical cut was better :lol:

I for the most part thought MOS was cool, but Pa Kent's death was trash as it felt like it was for nothing. Missed opportunity to have him die of something Clark couldn't stop vs something he could.

I for the most part thought MOS was cool, but Pa Kent's death was trash as it felt like it was for nothing. Missed opportunity to have him die of something Clark couldn't stop vs something he could.
Read it as an ol Christian Kansas farmer believing the world wasnt ready to have their beliefs shattered...
Pretty realistic if you think about it...but I hear u.

Never gave reviews too much thought personally but out of curiosity I read the first yahoo one on the previous page and the thoughts on superman in this sound very believable based on the previous film

“Everything takes forever to go nowhere. Consider how Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) learns about the invading alien army. In a simpler time, she would have looked out a window and, like, noticed an invading alien army. ("Great Hera!" she might say, costumed for battle by page 2.) In Zack Snyder's Justice League, Steppenwolf attacks her mother, Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), and steals the Amazons' Mother Box. Hippolyta announces it is time to light the signal fires. She gets the Arrow of Artemis out of its coffin-shaped box, sets it aflame, mumbles a ritualistic incantation, and shoots the arrow skyward. It soars through the air to another island, and lands in a temple. The fire burns mystically for hours — and Wonder Woman sees it on television. She sneaks into the temple, grabs the arrow, descends into a cave, and finds a door with an arrow-shaped hole. Behind that door: A room full of ancient runes and spooky images. Then Wonder Woman tells Batman there are aliens invading. Batman already sort of knew that.”

😂

One thing I’m realizing is just how much of Cyborg got cut from the theatrical release...ALL these reviews, good and bad, say he’s given what could arguably be, the lead role...

The real takeaway from this release isn’t which version was better, but that WB is forever going to be known as the studio that chopped a movie up to remove a black character as the lead...

I’m not down with how Fisher has kept this complaining stuff up, but damn, I’d probably be pissed off too...

Kind of makes the black Superman project info dropping a few weeks ago kind of suspect...Almost like WB knew people were going to raise a fuss...

Back
Top Bottom