"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Logan might have gotten adamantium claws implanted again, they never really explained.

We don't know why Mystique saved Logan, maybe because he helped them out? Maybe she knew he was key to changing their race? Hopefully they touch up on it in AoA.

Also when Magneto shanked all those metal into Wolverine, anyone felt like it was a homage to this image...

auxd00.jpg

Last edited:
^A little bit maybe but that's when he was taking the admantium out of him. Not trying to bind him.
Just saw for second time, some thoughts/questions.

How does Logan have his metal claws, in future, after the Silver Surfer battle?

I kind of felt like the scene with Logan getting locked up by the metal and dropped in the water was replacing his memories of being in the Mutant X program.

Mystique poses as Stryker to get Logan........why? Why does she care to free Logan, like, at all?????

I still like Eric moreso than Xavier in this movie. I liked McAvoy's work, he was really good, but Fassbender COMMANDS every scene he is in.
Silver Samurai :lol: and I noticed that too. I just assumed he went through the same procedure over again. There's a gap of time between The Wolverine and the future of DoFP for him to get it back.

I think him drowning was just a way to end the time travel of his consciousness.

Yeah if you think about it too much almost everything Mystique does can be questioned. I don't know why it looks she's saving or kidnapping Logan. Nothing in the comics really explains that unless they're gonna pull a first time Mystique and Wolverine meet type story which I kinda doubt. In the movie she didn't know he was from the future or w/e. She just saw him with Xavier. At the very least you can think of it as she saw a fellow mutant in trouble and helped him similar to her first scene on the army base.

One question I got is in the movie they didn't make Trask look like that much of a bad guy. He seemed like he believed in his goal and was dedicated and it was a little crazy but not full blown crazy so why is he he arrested for selling military secrets? Nothing in the plot when he was trying to sell the idea of his sentinel program to various countries pointed to him doing anything illegal like that or is the whole headline just a gov't cover up? You'd almost think despite Mystique saving the president's life that the whole event (a stadium being dropped around the white house) would still cause Trask to get the support he needed to make sentinels.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it..

But I have some nit picky things that bothered me..

1) it is specifically explained to magneto the repercussions of the death of trask.. So killing all those people to prove a point still made sense to him.. And he goes from trying kill mystique to save everyone.. To thinking he should kill the president and everyone there

2) mystique is a shapeshifter, so I don't know how her powers would be able to give the future sentinels the ability to mimic the mutant powers of the mutants.. I wish they did more with the dead mutants.. Something along the lines of the, studying them and adapting their powers into the future sentinels.. But all we can really gather is that they found a way to detect mutants

3) always hate how they underpower iceman

They should have gone with apocalypse being behind the whole thing like in the cartoon

I'd have to agree with what RFX45 said recently, First Class is the Magneto origin story and DoFP is the Professor X origin. I felt that McAvoy did a great job and I liked him better than Fassbender in this one. Felt the opposite in First Class.

As for Wolverine's adamantium, I think everyone is making the assumption that he will have them, but technically, with this tmeline, he may never have them at all. Just sayin'. :wink:

Also, didn't the dude from fox specifically say certain movies weren't canon, so why did they show clips from those movies

Also, didn't the dude from fox specifically say certain movies weren't canon, so why did they show clips from those movies

You mean when 70s Professor X looked into the mind of Wolverine and seen Jean grey? The timeline didnt change yet, so by the end when they did change history, those event are no longer happened.

Yeah, that was actually a nice touch.. like, "here's a throwback to those films you liked and hated.." Then BAM, "we're starting over *******."

1) it is specifically explained to magneto the repercussions of the death of trask.. So killing all those people to prove a point still made sense to him.. And he goes from trying kill mystique to save everyone.. To thinking he should kill the president and everyone there
I'm guessing the only part Magneto listened to that agreed with his actions was that Mystique's DNA would be the key to causing the sentinels to be able to wipe out all mutants.
2) mystique is a shapeshifter, so I don't know how her powers would be able to give the future sentinels the ability to mimic the mutant powers of the mutants.. I wish they did more with the dead mutants.. Something along the lines of the, studying them and adapting their powers into the future sentinels.. But all we can really gather is that they found a way to detect mutants
It's cuz her mutation allows her to shapeshift on a cellular level. She can change her DNA to match yours. Not to get in to the science and sic-fi it but that's the key to all mutation. So give that material to a genius and there's some way to apply it to machines and then they can take the leap from not just copying how you look but also copying your powers.

He meant after this movie they're no longer in continuity. In the movie that future still existed until the end where it was then erased.

I dunnio.. Mystique can replicate someone's look and sound.. But not their powers

Wish they went deeper.. Like they collected the bodies of the dead mutants and finding ways to replicate them

Like Darwin's ability to adapt from first class would have worked well for the future sentinels, they encounter a new mutant and register it and then messages could be sent to he other sentinels on how to adapt to that mutants powers.. Then they develop a database for each mutant encountered

Last edited:
I enjoyed it..

They should have gone with apocalypse being behind the whole thing like in the cartoon
Exactly.  This made no sense to me.  She doesn't have the ability to mimic powers.  This whole series is just horrible. I love how the basis of the movie relies on you to use your imagination with shadowcat.  I never knew she could send someones consciousness back in time 
eyes.gif
.  The whole quicksilver thing just kills his character for future series.  You would think that if someone spends $200 million on a movie, they could get some decent writers.

I enjoyed it..

Exactly.  This made no sense to me.  She doesn't have the ability to mimic powers.  This whole series is just horrible. I love how the basis of the movie relies on you to use your imagination with shadowcat.  I never knew she could send someones consciousness back in time :rolleyes .  The whole quicksilver thing just kills his character for future series.  You would think that if someone spends $200 million on a movie, they could get some decent writers.

but w the whole secondary power thing, couldnt it be in the future she gains the ability to copy powers too?

The Apocolypse hypo would make a damn good reason.

Until I see a screw cap, I don't believe that was Mystique. It happened to quickly, looked like Stryker went right from the White House, to go save Wolverine. WHICH WOULD MAKE SENSE. They all saw Magneto toss wolverine and trap him, Stryker was like 'oh dip that one looks dope' so, as soon as things were sweet, he went and got him. But, like I said, if y'all got a screencap then I will believe y'all.

I like the Days of Future past as the Xavier and First class as the Magneto origin stories.

Sunday Update: Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past debuted in first place this weekend with a strong estimated $90.70 million take over the three-day frame. The highly anticipated and pricey 3D comic book sequel debuted towards the lower end of its massive pre-release expectations and successfully brought the X-Men franchise back into the box office spotlight with its debut. Without adjusting for ticket price inflation, Days of Future Past delivered the fifth largest three-day Memorial Day weekend take of all-time (behind only 2007's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand, 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and last year's Fast & Furious 6). Fox's current estimate for the four-day frame is $110.0 million.

Pretty meh domestic performance like I expected, but it's doing huge overseas so that's probably gonna save the movie.

Last edited:

Until I see a screw cap, I don't believe that was Mystique. It happened to quickly, looked like Stryker went right from the White House, to go save Wolverine. WHICH WOULD MAKE SENSE. They all saw Magneto toss wolverine and trap him, Stryker was like 'oh dip that one looks dope' so, as soon as things were sweet, he went and got him. But, like I said, if y'all got a screencap then I will believe y'all.

I like the Days of Future past as the Xavier and First class as the Magneto origin stories.

It was her...im guessing you must have missed it...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/23/x-men-ending-future-past/

…and, as if listening to the start of his story, we cut back to 1973. Wolverine gets plucked out of the Potomac by William Stryker. Stryker turns to the camera…and his eyes glow yellow, revealing that Stryker is actually Mystique

I dunnio.. Mystique can replicate someone's look and sound.. But not their powers
That's not all. She can replicate on a molecular level. DNA. When she shape shifts in to Wolverine, she gets his claws as well. All physical attributes. Powers like eye lasers and flight are what she doesn't get but like I said all you need is a genius scientist to unlock that problem and take it further which somebody clearly did.
Wish they went deeper.. Like they collected the bodies of the dead mutants and finding ways to replicate them

Like Darwin's ability to adapt from first class would have worked well for the future sentinels, they encounter a new mutant and register it and then messages could be sent to he other sentinels on how to adapt to that mutants powers.. Then they develop a database for each mutant encountered
Darwin got blown up in to smithereens.

Last edited:

I think that's what Rogue was supposed to be used for.

This is what they should have done.

And mind you, I'm an IT guy and know nothing about genetics and biology. :lol:

Mystique is the adoptive mother of Rogue.

Let's say they re-write it and say that Mystique is actually her real mother.

That would mean that "power absorption" could technically be derived from her DNA, even though it's dormant within her.

Hence, whenever a future Sentinel makes contact with a mutant, they could temporarily absorb their power, long enough to kill them.

You're the only one who saw this movie that denies it was her. IT WAS MYSTIQUE :lol:

That's not all. She can replicate on a molecular level. DNA. When she shape shifts in to Wolverine, she gets his claws as well. All physical attributes. Powers like eye lasers and flight are what she doesn't get but like I said all you need is a genius scientist to unlock that problem and take it further which somebody clearly did..

Nah man, watch that fight again.. She didn't get his healing factor.. Or even his "real" claws (even though the adamantium isn't part of his mutant powers)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom