"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Why is there so much confusion in this thread? The movie was pretty straighforward unless you weren't paying attention. :lol:

The bottom line is this movie allows the X-Men universe to pick up after the Sentinel events, which took place after First Class, and retell the story in any way they please. Wolvie movies and X1 through X3 didn't happen in the current timeline. Think of those stories as an alternate timeline.

As for the metal claws, "ripple in a stream", they tell you in the movie.

Last edited:
I don't know, man. I haven't seen the movie yet and I understand which movies are now canon or not just based off of what was explained on here, lol.

I'm happy that X1-X3 is gone. This might be wishful thinking, but maybe we'll get a wardrobe overhaul? I mean, if they're going to reboot, might as well go all the way and reboot it stylistically too.

Last edited:
I really think the script could have been better. It had its good , the whole professor x as a junkie, but when wolverine went back they could have played with it more, like him constantly running into X girlfriends. The final fight could have been better. Young Magneto was the best character in the movie (old slave beating *** fassbender). If love to see a solo magneto, or a straight up Magneto v Prof X movie. Basically, I need more Magneto x Prof X.

They can't say the 'ripple in time' is true when timeline is actually changed. What Hank said sounded good, but the movie proved him wrong. Like I said, don't confuse complicated with deep. I understand everything that happened in the movie and the timelines, check my explanation a few pages back, the problem is....it's possibly to con eluded to make sense, they thought about it to hard.

Last edited:
I'll probably watch this next week. People saying good things a out it has convinced me.

I wish my mutant power was to change my face into a seat for comicbookgirl19 to sit on.

Last edited:
I didn't understand how x1-x3 didn't hAppen? What happened in the past so those movies could not have happened?

I didn't understand how x1-x3 didn't hAppen? What happened in the past so those movies could not have happened?

Everything that happened in X1-X3, the wolverine, origins, that's the regular timeline. That timeline led to the dystopian future where sentinels have wiped out everything. They go back in time and stop the sentinel program from being started. This in turn changes EVERYTHING. They have a fresh new start because the dystopian future that was suppose to happen, will NEVER happen because they stopped the sentinel program.

Hard to explain in detail because I haven't seen the movie but Wolverine traveled to a time before X1 took place. Any changes, no matter how small is going to influence everything up the time stream. So that pretty much changes any X-men movie that takes place from X1 and after, including the Wolverine spinoffs. First Class is safe because chronologically it takes place before any events that takes place in DoFP - I believe in the 60s.

Last edited:
Why is there so much confusion in this thread? The movie was pretty straighforward unless you weren't paying attention. :lol:

The bottom line is this movie allows the X-Men universe to pick up after the Sentinel events, which took place after First Class, and retell the story in any way they please. Wolvie movies and X1 through X3 didn't happen in the current timeline. Think of those stories as an alternate timeline.

As for the metal claws, "ripple in a stream", they tell you in the movie.

Thank you!

Hmm. Surprised that it's 3 day opening was only 90 mil. Looking like it'll set a personal overseas record for the X men franchise but domestically - when adjusted for inflation - it's going to do worse than Last Stand - according to the forbes article that I just read.

The overseas market is really intriguing.

Last edited:
I'll probably watch this next week. People saying good things a out it has convinced me.

I wish my mutant power was to change my face into a seat for comicbookgirl19 to sit on.
I'm partial to Grace Randolph. I disagree with almost all her opinions regarding films (including comic book ones), but I could image getting in a heated argument about a movie and having some angry sex afterwards. :evil:

As for DoFP, saw it a second time this weekend. I have to admit, the script is tighter than I thought it was. What I really liked, which I didn't realize initially, was the pacing. Even through the exposition the movement of the film was fluid. The main reason I'm still torn about the film is that I never felt that sense of awe while watching it. Maybe it's because I had such high expectations? Maybe it's because the trailer gave a lot away or maybe it's just that there have been so many comic book films, that nothing really surprises me anymore.

Anyways, I still stick to my 7/10 rating, but that is my scale, so +1 if you're not as invested into these films like I've been. :lol:

Really wanted the Xmen to kill a few future sentinels. Thought Bobby was going to go ham. Magneto future was pretty tough as well... On some "I'm bout to shut it down"

Blink stood out as well teleporting all the mutants :wow:

I'm partial to Grace Randolph. I disagree with almost all her opinions regarding films (including comic book ones), but I could image getting in a heated argument about a movie and having some angry sex afterwards. :evil:

As for DoFP, saw it a second time this weekend. I have to admit, the script is tighter than I thought it was. What I really liked, which I didn't realize initially, was the pacing. Even through the exposition the movement of the film was fluid. The main reason I'm still torn about the film is that I never felt that sense of awe while watching it. Maybe it's because I had such high expectations? Maybe it's because the trailer gave a lot away or maybe it's just that there have been so many comic book films, that nothing really surprises me anymore.

Anyways, I still stick to my 7/10 rating, but that is my scale, so +1 if you're not as invested into these films like I've been. :lol:

Yea man, for me - pacing and exposition goes a long way. Maybe you weren't in awe because visually, stylistically and special effects wise it didn't have the glamour of - let's say - the Avengers. At least, this is what I've been hearing. For me, all that stuff is extra. If the script is tight and zippy and the characters interesting - as long as the special effects and post editing isn't lazy - that's ok with me.

Anyone else noticed Logan had very few action sequence, bone claw Logan on film isn't very effective :lol:
Bone claws aside I noticed the lack of action scenes he had. Even though he was the main guy to move the story forward he didn't do a whole lot. Wonder if Jackman was mad he had to get ripped just for that :lol:
Is he not going to have adamantium Ever again?
Once future Logan went back to the new future, '73 Logan got his body back so to speak. He has no idea who anybody is and since it's Mystique that's saving him so to speak there's no guarantee he joins up with the X-Men earlier. As of now it'll just be a different way he gets the adamantium.

Plus it can still be Striker who does it. Mystique can't pretend to be Striker forever. I figured she just did it to get Logan.

Mystique doesn't kill Trask. By not doing that all future events re changed. So she probably doesn't team up with Magneto again like she does in X1 and X2. Things will be different and go down differently.

Really wanted the Xmen to kill a few future sentinels. Thought Bobby was going to go ham. Magneto future was pretty tough as well... On some "I'm bout to shut it down"

Blink stood out as well teleporting all the mutants :wow:
The most damage I saw was one of the mutants (I think Sunspot) causing one of the future Sentinels to lose an arm. And I was actually surprised that it didn't grow back. I'm not mad that the future Sentinels were invincible though, like I mentioned in this thread before, it made the time travel option sensible.

Blink was basically the only reason they even stood a chance (along with Shadowcat's, "time travel" abilities). She saved both Magneto and Warpath. What I kind of missed though, was in the viral marketing, they made her vital because she was able to smuggle the captured mutants and set them free (along with Bishop). Wish I could have seen that in the film.

Yeah I heard they cut out some future scenes. Especially around the time where Wolverine was going crazy and stabbed Kitty.

Blink was basically the only reason they even stood a chance (along with Shadowcat's, "time travel" abilities). She saved both Magneto and Warpath. What I kind of missed though, was in the viral marketing, they made her vital because she was able to smuggle the captured mutants and set them free (along with Bishop). Wish I could have seen that in the film.

Warpath played a key role too since he was the one that sensed the Sentinels coming and warns them so they can start going back in time.

Yeah I heard they cut out some future scenes. Especially around the time where Wolverine was going crazy and stabbed Kitty.

Plenty were cut, there was also a scene in the promos where Wolverine calls Mystique a b*tch but I didn't see it in the theater.

I did feel like I missed a few little things here and there because of the stupid 3D glasses.

Illmatic hit on a good point about pacing and keep things moving forward.. that's something ASM2 really lacked and when the plot was jumbled and the pacing felt off.. then you felt taken out of the movie. Even though some of the motivations or plot points might not have made the most sense, they kept the story moving and churning along.. which was great.

Warpath played a key role too since he was the one that sensed the Sentinels coming and warns them so they can start going back in time.
Plenty were cut, there was also a scene in the promos where Wolverine calls Mystique a b*tch but I didn't see it in the theater.

I did feel like I missed a few little things here and there because of the stupid 3D glasses.

Yeah it gets me mad when they show stuff and take it out. I haven't noticed it until I saw Paranormal Activity 3 I believe.

Loved the movie. In terms of summer movies, way better than ASM2 and Godzilla and right there with CA2. My favorite Xmen movie of the franchise.

maybe in x-men apocalypse mystique is working for mr sinister who in turn is working for apocalypse

apocalypse could want wolverine and other select x-men for his 4 horsemen and in order to make wolverine stronger commissions mr sinister to dispatch mystique to get him the adamantium and he still undergoes the same procedure albeit different motives.

Just saw for second time, some thoughts/questions.

How does Logan have his metal claws, in future, after the Silver Surfer battle?

I kind of felt like the scene with Logan getting locked up by the metal and dropped in the water was replacing his memories of being in the Mutant X program.

Mystique poses as Stryker to get Logan........why? Why does she care to free Logan, like, at all?????

I still like Eric moreso than Xavier in this movie. I liked McAvoy's work, he was really good, but Fassbender COMMANDS every scene he is in.

Back
Top Bottom