"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

When Magneto said that JFK was a mutant I rolled my eyes at the theater.

BUT, if they really wanted, they could have said that he really wasn't getting treatment for Addison's disease, but in reality he was trying to find a way to cure his mutation.

I dunnio.. Mystique can replicate someone's look and sound.. But not their powers
That's not all. She can replicate on a molecular level. DNA. When she shape shifts in to Wolverine, she gets his claws as well. All physical attributes. Powers like eye lasers and flight are what she doesn't get but like I said all you need is a genius scientist to unlock that problem and take it further which somebody clearly did..

Nah man, watch that fight again.. She didn't get his healing factor.. Or even his "real" claws (even though the adamantium isn't part of his mutant powers)

She doesn't get his real claws just the what her body is able to shape shift in to.

And I'm basing all of this of what I know of the comic character.

I'm saying w/e the idea was to say getting Mystique's DNA leads to super powerful sentinels is mined front he comics. Doesn't need an in depth explanation or to make sense to the layman cuz comics and cuz sic-fi

Last edited:
Mystique being Stryker and getting wolverine out the river will be explained in the next film. You guys are putting wayyyyyy to much thought into this film :lol:

Dude building the pyramid What the hell was that supposed to be?

Dude building the pyramid What the hell was that supposed to be?

Apocalypse is the first mutant ever. It's suppose to signify that he's responsible for one of the great wonders of the world which is why no one can explain how they were built

I dunnio.. Mystique can replicate someone's look and sound.. But not their powers
That's not all. She can replicate on a molecular level. DNA. When she shape shifts in to Wolverine, she gets his claws as well. All physical attributes. Powers like eye lasers and flight are what she doesn't get but like I said all you need is a genius scientist to unlock that problem and take it further which somebody clearly did..

Nah man, watch that fight again.. She didn't get his healing factor.. Or even his "real" claws (even though the adamantium isn't part of his mutant powers)

She doesn't get his real claws just the what her body is able to shape shift in to.

And I'm basing all of this of what I know of the comic character.

I'm saying w/e the idea was to say getting Mystique's DNA leads to super powerful sentinels is mined front he comics. Doesn't need an in depth explanation or to make sense to the layman cuz comics and cuz sic-fi

And they have 5 decades to develop it and take the next step.

Simon Kinberg Confirms Plan For Original Cast Members To Return In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

"It will focus primarily on the First Class cast," Kinberg told The Daily Beast, adding, "but it will certainly have some of the original cast involved, too."

As for the planned appearance of Gambit in both X-Men: Apocalypse and his own solo movie starring Channing Tatum, Kinberg said: "Gambit is still in-motion and being figured out. Channing made it known that it was a character that he loved and would love to play, and all the people who work on the X-Men movies are huge fans of his, so the notion of him playing it is exciting. I’m more fascinated by anti-heroes, and Gambit is one of those. I don’t know why he wasn’t explored in the original X-Men movies. Maybe the reason why was because they wanted to focus on Rogue/Bobby or the platonic Rogue/Wolverine relationship, and maybe there were too many similarities between Wolverine and Gambit, so in order to make it a Wolverine-centric franchise they had to cut him loose."

There's not really any similarities between Wolverine and Gambit. The two are so different.

Can't believe it's taking more than 14 years to get Gambit to the big screen. Probably my second favorite X-Man.

Channing has that Gambit swagger. He just needs to get the accent down.

Last edited:
There's not really any similarities between Wolverine and Gambit. The two are so different.

Can't believe it's taking more than 14 years to get Gambit to the big screen. Probably my second favorite X-Man.

Channing has that Gambit swagger. He just needs to get the accent down.

Last edited:
Gambit is really more of a fan favorite and nothing more. He is like a lil-Deadpool, I don't think dude even had a successful solo run in the comics.

I can see why people would like him though, Jim Lees design made him look cool, cool powers and dude is charming to the ladies but again I am not sure there are even many memorable story arcs for him, even his role in the DoFP version of the cartoons wasn't even written for him in the comics iirc.

Really surprised he is getting a solo film over Cyclops (or the Summers family in general) and Deadpool.

Last edited:
Forget you big j 33 big j 33 :lol:

And I'm intrigued as to which OG cast members will return. Here's a thought I'm flirting with. What if the rest of the xmen movies are flashbacks of wolverine trying to figure out what's been going on the past 50 years. He could sit down with Prof X and some of the other OG members and they'd be telling him about their greatest battles. The flashback scenes would have the first class cast and younger actors playing young versions of the OG cast. I could dig it.

Last edited:
man saw it today great movie i wasnt expecting much since the last 4 xmen connected movies have been not quite up to par from jump to after credits scene...my only problem making mystique such a big part of the story and scott and jean to the very last of movie but it does set up so much excitement for next film...(please dont do a gambit movie with channing tatum as lead) boy this makes me wish marvel had all their properties in house xmen vs avengers would be epic or a spiderman/xmen movie.....

Forget you big j 33 big j 33 :lol:

And I'm intrigued as to which OG cast members will return. Here's a thought I'm flirting with. What if the rest of the xmen movies are flashbacks of wolverine trying to figure out what's been going on the past 50 years. He could sit down with Prof X and some of the other OG members and they'd be telling him about their greatest battles. The flashback scenes would have the first class cast and younger actors playing young versions of the OG cast. I could dig it.

Na, bro. I'm kinda Wolverine-d out at this point. It's time to shift the focus off of him. I'm all for Fox developing the other X-Men.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it but did they ever explain why the sentinels were nonexistent in the noncanon films since they debuted in the 70's?

Maybe I missed it but did they ever explain why the sentinels were nonexistent in the noncanon films since they debuted in the 70's?

Not explained though I'd have to watch the film again to be sure.

There was a Sentinel in X3, they were practicing against it in the danger room. Maybe it wasn't that big of a threat yet or it didn't quite target the XMen? They never really showed or said that Sentinels started attacking mutants in the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc... They just said the death of Trask and capture of Mystique led to the development of the future Sentinels.

I don't know, it's one of those things that you kind of have to just stretch your imagination and take it for what it is.

Wait so the thought of a man made of ice or mutants period didn't require an imagination stretch? Interesting...

Last edited:
Well I am talking about the inconsistency of the plots, since there are so many, trying to make sense of it all just isn't going to happen.

I am not saying to stretch the imagination on their powers and what exists in the film but the timeline of events of the whole franchise.

Last edited:
I doubt they existed. Giant robots used to kill mutants wouldn't have been glossed over if they existed. That head we saw in X3 was most likely only for Danger Room purposes.

Back
Top Bottom