"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Does Prof X and Magneto know what happened in the current timeline since they kicked it with wolverine in the 70's?

And is the xmen team with iceman, storm, jean, in 2014? I don't see what happened in the 70s affecting what happened in movies X1-X3

It is implied that something affected/changed them since Cyclops and Jean are alive again in the new future. The key element that affected the X1-X3 film is obviously Wolverine since his experience with Weapon X has changed and he was pretty much the center of all those films.

Last edited:
its the same character from the comics but not the same character in those movies...its not connected

That's gonna F up some stuff.

Technically it is the same character in both movies, he is still Quicksilver but they are being used differently and are different world/universe. XMen/Fox version is a mutant and son of Magneto. Marvel/Avengers version isn't/can't be called a mutant and they can't say he is Magnetos son but everything else should be the same, he is still the Quicksilver most know. So pretty much consider the XMen universe and Avengers universe separate.

I know it's a damn trap but this is just stupid. If anything peoples complaint is that DC isn't doing what Marvel is doing.

If you think DC is copying Marvels Avengers by doing JL, then I'll say it again and you'll likely ignore and forget it over and over again but JL was set to shoot a decade ago before the writers strike ruined the film.

Ain't got nothing to do with JL. And that's no excuse.

Last edited:
Technically it is the same character in both movies, he is still Quicksilver but they are being used differently and are different world/universe. XMen/Fox version is a mutant and son of Magneto. Marvel/Avengers version isn't/can't be called a mutant and they can't say he is Magnetos son but everything else should be the same, he is still the Quicksilver most know. So pretty much consider the XMen universe and Avengers universe separate.
Gotcha, they need to get these rights in order.

I know it's a damn trap but this is just stupid. If anything peoples complaint is that DC isn't doing what Marvel is doing.

If you think DC is copying Marvels Avengers by doing JL, then I'll say it again and you'll likely ignore and forget it over and over again but JL was set to shoot a decade ago before the writers strike ruined the film.

Ain't got nothing to do with JL. And that's no excuse.

So what is Marvel doing that is so revolutionary that DC is copying?

And that isn't an excuse, it's a fact. You can't say they are copying Avengers (making an ensemble film) if they were already close to production with JL filming the same year Avengers development was announced.

Last edited:

And that isn't an excuse, it's a fact. You can't say they are copying Avengers (making an ensemble film) if they were already close to production with JL filming the same year Avengers development was announced.

Marvel changed the game B. All these shared universes are becaus of them. Ain't my fault DC had the rights to all their characters and done little with em.

Does Prof X and Magneto know what happened in the current timeline since they kicked it with wolverine in the 70's?

And is the xmen team with iceman, storm, jean, in 2014? I don't see what happened in the 70s affecting what happened in movies X1-X3
Prof X knows, Not sure about Magneto

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if DC planned a JL movie in 2008. In 2010 they went on record saying they wanted to keep Superman and Batman separate. Now post Avengers DC wants to change their mind about a shared universe? And that they're willing to reboot a batman series so soon after it ended because it in no way could fit in a JL universe? Sounds dangerously like copying bro.

You can't say that DC has been planning for JL all along because then they wouldn't have had to reboot the batman series. Nolan's series would've been JL compatible .

Last edited:

Marvel changed the game B. All these shared universes are becaus of them. Ain't my fault DC had the rights to all their characters and done little with em.

Why can't people just understand that DC/WB were happy with coming out with single movies? Is it really so hard if they were making money with no competition back then? Hell even now most are saying Marvel heroes are relatable and DCs are all super powered beings and gods so it's unbelievable and you wonder why they were apprehended in extending their universe back then?

It's not like they didn't try either, there was the failed Superman/Batman film in 2002. Same thing people are saying with a Wonder Woman film, they tried it with Catwoman, hell Fox tried it with Elektra and based on how those failed. They also had a WW tv pilot that went nowhere so you can see the apprehension to do a female lead film but times has changed with Bridesmaid, Hunger Games, Pitch Perfect, etc... so this is the time to start up but I digress.

They tried with Superman Returns and it wasn't received well, they tried with GL and that attempt failed too.

You don't know where that JL film was going, for all we know that was a kick off to a shared universe and the heroes in it are going to get their solo films afterwards. So it's not really innovative on Marvels part, they just succeeded where DC failed but the idea of a shared universe in movies wasn't Marvels.

And why can't you just be happy DC is actually doing something now instead of taking a damn jab at DC every chance you get and *****in about it?

:lol: At thinking people on NT get at me. If you don't think that is how I normally type and reply then you haven't been in threads enough.

What's next, the classic "you mad?" meme? :rofl:

I assume so since the current time line starts off with Wolverine getting pulled out of the river. The only thing is Magneto personality is probably different from how he turned out in the older timeline.

I don't read X-Men comics so idk. I didn't bring it up as if it was a flaw or anything, but I'm just sayin they could literally do it whenever it needs to be used.

if i remember correctly it seemed like Prof X stressed how it could have any affect to the future so i would assume they only use it when its absolutely necessary like the sentinels.

Prof X knows, Not sure about Magneto

Hank, Eric, Charles and Raven all know...I'm assuming at the end Charles followed Logan's advice in the plane, built his school, found Scott, Jean and storm, Logan's body was pulled from the lake, but from that point on, KittyPride was no longer connected with his mind in the future since they changed the course of time, so when his body was pulled and he woke up, that was the BODY of the Logan that woke up in the mansion at then end, but not the MIND, the mind skipped all those years and I guess caught up with the body at the end, so that's why he's the only one who remembers EVERYTHING that went down, he just doesn't know what happened between the time he drowned till the time he woke in the mansion, but Xavier does and that's why he welcomed him back, because he knew one day the MIND would catch up with his BODY.

Least that's the way I make sense of it.

Movie was awesome, IMO is better than the avengers, yeah the avengers visually got the look and casting of the characters right, but this movie surpasses in everything else, the writing, the score and the best thing the actors, no Marvel actor aside from Hiddlestone can really hold a candle to MacCavoy or Fassbender, dudes performances were insane, every scene MacCavoy was in gave me chills, bravo to Fox/Singer to this one and for proving so many of us wrong.

Was just watching Origins on FX and forgot Cyclops had a cameo in the movie. Wouldn't be surprised if they cast that actor in the Apocalypse film.

It ain't cap 2 tho

Meh, I liked t better...like I said Marvel is amazing at bringing the characters to life as if they were ripped off the pages off a comic book, but they lack star power, true acting skills, they are all mediocre actors, maybe Stark and Loki are their best actors, but even then, Fassbender and most of all McCavoy blowing them out the water.

Agree with Steezy. For me better then Cap 2 and Avengers.

When the mutants started dying :frown: them feels. When old Magneto caught one :frown:

Upset Peter didn't get more shine. And wish Wolvering went more ape.
So does dude have his metal claws?

I wouldn't call them mediocre. That's a tad bit disrepectful. And Hiddleston is Loki. Like RDJ is Stark. I can't say that about Fassbender and Mccavoy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them mediocre. That's a tad bit disrepectful.

Ok I'm sorry, but let's be honest, name the top three actors, not talking highest payed, simply the best actors over at Marvel and I bet you none can compete with Fassbender and McCavoy.

I could name many but they don't have large roles. But that doesn't matter to me. I'd take Kristen Stewart in a role as long as it has a great script. Marvel has been great at picking actors for the main characters

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them mediocre. That's a tad bit disrepectful. And Hiddleston is Loki. Like RDJ is Stark. I can't say that about Fassbender and Mccavoy.

RDJ looks as if Stark was modeled after him, that's just a great casting, he got te looks down pack, his acting doesn't have to be superb, Hiddlestone is the only one I say is top notch acting wise over at Marvel, hence the reason they use him over and over again....
So Marvel has Hiddlestone and xmen has Fassbender and McCavoy, still 2 to 1

If an actor is to ever receive an award for a comic book movie, which will never happen, it should be McCavoy, dude blew me away.

I could name many but they don't have large roles. But that doesn't matter to me. I'd take Kristen Stewart in a role as long as it has a great script. Marvel has been great at picking actors for the main characters

Yeah I'm not denying that, their casting is top notch, Hemsworth was born to be Thor, I wouldnt put him in the same category as Fassbender tho...

Back
Top Bottom