"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Saw it a few nights ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

But I am a geek for all things Marvel so I may be biased

I know he was Juggy but Vinnie Jones will make a good Apocalypse. You cal literally just put make up on him and he'd look like Apocalypse.

My ex's mom used to date Vinnie, said he was legit crazy like the characters he plays :lol:

With Apocalypse coming up, it's possible they could bring in Cable

I don't think they'll touch time travel again anytime soon.

They could always do it like Trunks in DBZ... He just shows up and says he's from the future...

Nah, doing it that way is just make it feel like Gambit in Origins again, just there to satisfy some fans. Not worth it, we've already seen what happens when they just put on characters just for the sake of it.

I'd rather wait til it's his time and a story actually revolve around him, Scott and Jean.

Onslaught > Apocalypse
Eh, one note super villain that didn't get used for a decade after. Apocalypse has a resume. Apocalypse has an entire universe where he rules all of Earth, enslaved or slaughtered all the humans, separated weak mutants from the strong ones where the weak ones got experimented on and is such a threat the rest of Marvel cosmic doesn't even **** with him.

The event was so big it dominated all of Marvel's comics :lol: Renaming comics to align with the age of Apocalypse.

Onslaught has just that one big time where he could withstand all of Marvel's heroes and then failed at killing a handful of the Avengers heroes while all the mutants survived.[quote name="kvsm23vs24" url="/t/501954/days-of-future-past-new-x-men-movie-release-date-first-class-sequel/2120_20#post_20705 757"]Maybe I missed it, but how are they back in the 80's?[/quote]
Not back in the 80s. Time just moves forward. DoFP was in the 70s. X-Men Apocalypse picks up with them a few years later in the 80s.

Last edited:
Another way this movie makes no sense, Prof X and Magneto go to recruit Jean Grey (X3), prof X old as ****, and he's walking. Walking and using his powers.

What's to stop them from using time travel whenever something bad goes wrong? They didn't really touch on that :lol:

What's to stop them from using time travel whenever something bad goes wrong? They didn't really touch on that :lol:

What do you mean? Wolverine is the only one that can go back more than a few days. I guess if you mean they could keep sending Wolverine back? In that case every movie has plot holes.

Shadowcat uses it and without the Sentinel threat she might not discover that power? Also I am sure they would know the danger of travelling back in time and it has to be a last resort like it was in DoFP. I mean outside of future Logan, no one was really aware how he got back in time exactly, I don't even think past Prof X know that it was Kitty Pride who sent Wolverine back in time, I don't think he explained to him, he just said he came from the future. Maybe he saw Kitty holding Wolverines head when his mind went to the future but really not many (if any) knows how to travel back in time in the new timeline.

But does it really need to be explained? I mean isn't it the same case with the comics? Bishop and Cable could travel through time at will for the most part, no?

I don't read X-Men comics so idk. I didn't bring it up as if it was a flaw or anything, but I'm just sayin they could literally do it whenever it needs to be used.

He can't really, Shadowcat has to send him back and I'm guessing Shadowcat isn't going to do it whenever Logans feels like it. :lol:

But yeah in the comics, there are plenty who can travel through time and change things. Hell the Battle of the Atom event was filled with convoluted with time travelling XMen (as in the whole team). :lol: Someone can explain it better but I think there were like 5-6 different XMen teams from different times and dimension or something, the arc was just a clusterf*ck to me, no idea what they tried to accomplish.

If they were going to tackle Cable and more time-travel stories, I really rather they do it in the XForce film so the focus can be on him then they can introduce both world/teams to each other.

Last edited:
With Apocalypse coming up, it's possible they could bring in Cable

I don't think they'll touch time travel again anytime soon.

They could always do it like Trunks in DBZ... He just shows up and says he's from the future...

Nah, doing it that way is just make it feel like Gambit in Origins again, just there to satisfy some fans. Not worth it, we've already seen what happens when they just put on characters just for the sake of it.

I'd rather wait til it's his time and a story actually revolve around him, Scott and Jean.

Imo.. Apocalypse is synonymous with Cable...

Long story short...X Men universe no longer makes sense. We can contrive all shorts of ways to make it make sense, which are good but leave to many questions, or we can say 'F it, make a good movie'

Days of Future Past - they did a lot of superfluous ish to try and make this make sense, comics are easy because there's more time to explain, tv shows also...unless they start releasing shorts, **** ain't going to make sense.

Side note: that's how DC could set themselves apart, releasing little 7 min shorts to be played during other movies.

We all know DC isn't going to do anything innovative. They'll wait for Marvel to do it first.

Does Prof X and Magneto know what happened in the current timeline since they kicked it with wolverine in the 70's?

And is the xmen team with iceman, storm, jean, in 2014? I don't see what happened in the 70s affecting what happened in movies X1-X3

Sickness!

So Quicksilver and dude at the end of Captain America are the same person? How he get crazy from the chill clepto in the 70's?

Sickness!

So Quicksilver and dude at the end of Captain America are the same person? How he get crazy from the chill clepto in the 70's?

its the same character from the comics but not the same character in those movies...its not connected

Last edited:
We all know DC isn't going to do anything innovative. They'll wait for Marvel to do it first.

I know it's a damn trap but this is just stupid. If anything peoples complaint is that DC isn't doing what Marvel is doing.

If you think DC is copying Marvels Avengers by doing JL, then I'll say it again and you'll likely ignore and forget it over and over again but JL was set to shoot a decade ago before the writers strike ruined the film.

Back
Top Bottom