"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

I agree about the sentinels. The final battle was a bit contrived. Iceman is an Omega level mutant, by that point he would have had mad control. He should have been crushing those sentinels. Also, how'd they just catch everyone off guard? What type of training and discipline is that? You fight until the battles one, can't be pausing to congratulate.

I have more issue with the scene than the machine.

Word. This definitely bothered me.

Him and colossus. I get it if they kill them because they were overwhelmed but they should have been able to at least kill a few.

I agree about the sentinels. The final battle was a bit contrived. Iceman is an Omega level mutant, by that point he would have had mad control. He should have been crushing those sentinels. Also, how'd they just catch everyone off guard? What type of training and discipline is that? You fight until the battles one, can't be pausing to congratulate.

I have more issue with the scene than the machine.

They're never going get iceman right

Heart Stopped When They Killed My Bae Storm SMMMMH
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

In regard to the sentinels: I'm not a comic book reader or anything, but I watched the cartoon when I was a kid.

The sentinels had a super sentinel (one giant head of a sentinel) that captured information from all the sentinels and used Raven/mystiques DNA to be able to evolve as machines. If a power was used against the sentinels enough, they would be able to adapt and gain that power.

At first there was only one of the adapting sentinels along with the OG sentinels that were in the movie that was wiping out the mutants, but it was figured out how to mass-produce the evolving sentinels (had auto-regeneration/healing among other powers). After the mass-production of the super sentinels the mutants started losing the war.

One thing I thought would have been cool for them to include is:

When the war between mutants and humans starts, Magneto builds a fortress of pure metal and invites all mutants to join him.

The show Magnetos son, with super speed, but his daughter has god-like powers.

Yeah, I was bothered that the future Sentinels were basically invincible, but heck, that's why the mutants last desperate measure was to go back in time and prevent their creation right?

What I really wanted to know though, was what's the point of the internment camps and the inhibitor collar, if the sentinels are going to kill everyone anyways.

I'm probably going to watch this again tomorrow, but as it stands now, still behind First Class and X2 as best X-Men flicks.

No it's not. It's better in every way. Dialogue, visual effects, story, action, whatever.

Makes sense the sentinels were super powerful in the future. I always noticed in the comics that even that was a bit absurd to fully believe. Giant robots that aren't THAT advanced someday imprison all mutants? When they were showing how powerful some mutants can be. Plus X-Men use to take them out easily even sometimes by themselves.
Had to make them more powerful.

when iceman went iutside to fighy i was like "**** just got real"

i really expected him to just freeze the entire country

I want Keke Palmer to play a young storm for Apocalypse. She's got that country hood girl twang but I think she can pull off a young misguided Storm...

...and I think she'll look good with a white Mohawk :wow:

Last edited:
I went with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike that garbage movie Godzilla I saw last week the actors actually gave a damn about their acting. Fassbender was :x :x :pimp:

Ok so now I have a question...keep in mind that I haven't seen an X-men movie since the second one , oh so long ago.
There are now two time lines? I guess it's not really a question but could someone explain this a little further. I didn't see First Class.

I went with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike that garbage movie Godzilla I saw last week the actors actually gave a damn about their acting. Fassbender was :x :x :pimp:

Ok so now I have a question...keep in mind that I haven't seen an X-men movie since the second one , oh so long ago.
There are now two time lines? I guess it's not really a question but could someone explain this a little further. I didn't see First Class.

The only films that still exist are X-Men First Class, The Wolverine, and this I believe.

I do agree the future sentinels were pretty much unstoppable. The future xmen got owned bruh. Colossus got ripped in half. War hammer had his head burned off and bishop just blew up from absorbing too much energy.

The only films that still exist are X-Men First Class, The Wolverine, and this I believe.

I don't think the Wolverine is canon anymore either since that came after X3 and if Jean didn't die then the whole event and his dreams and getting over her wouldn't happen.

Also, the future Sentinels being uber strong made a lot of sense, it adapted to counted the mutants powers.

Also as for Iceman being a Omega power and owning all the future Sentinels, yes he could but that would completely eliminate the reason of going back in time. As illmatic said, it was written as a last resort, if Iceman could just go nuts on the Sentinels then there's be no story to tell. Just think of it this way, that is the timeline where Bobby never achieves his Omega level powers which isn't farfetch because isn't the main reason he hasn't reached it in the comics is because he was just too lazy and didn't take his powers seriously?

I haven't kept up with XMnen but has he actually reached his full potential yet? Last time I had a discussion about omega level mutants people were just assuming what Bobby could do like evaporate and just rebuild himself from the moisture of the air but I don't think that was afeat he ever did in the comics, was it? Isn't Storm technically an omega level mutant too?

Last edited:
I don't think the Wolverine is canon anymore either since that came after X3 and if Jean didn't die then the whole event and his dreams and getting over her wouldn't happen.

Also, the future Sentinels being uber strong made a lot of sense, it adapted to counted the mutants powers.

Also as for Iceman being a Omega power and owning all the future Sentinels, yes he could but that would completely eliminate the reason of going back in time. As illmatic said, it was written as a last resort, if Iceman could just go nuts on the Sentinels then there's be no story to tell. Just think of it this way, that is the timeline where Bobby never achieves his Omega level powers which isn't farfetch because isn't the main reason he hasn't reached it in the comics is because he was just too lazy and didn't take his powers seriously?

I figured its still canon because of the after credits scene

Yeah but the after credit scenes are apart of the future timeline which is now erased.

That also makes me wonder where were the sentinels in The Wolverine if at the end Xavier and Magnus pick him up.

Back
Top Bottom