"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Just came back from my second viewing...

I absolutely loved the film. Prof X being a druggy, the future, Jennifer Lawrence, the reset, and the happy ending.

The 80's will be a great platform for Apocalypse, maybe we'll get costumes.

Major props to Bryan Singer for balancing the stories and resetting everything.

Even though I absolutely loved ASM2 I can concede to defeat. DoFP is the best film so far this summer. Bravo.

Ok. I'm convinced. Over the past few pages I've went from:

People are saying it's ranked lower than X1, X2? Not seeing it.

People saying it's bettter than all the other X-Men movies? Probably will see it next week.

But if Lamekilla - the biggest ASM2 fan on this board - says DoFP is better than ASM2?, I'm going to have to see it by weekend's end. :lol:

Last edited:
Just came back from my second viewing...

I absolutely loved the film. Prof X being a druggy, the future, Jennifer Lawrence, the reset, and the happy ending.

The 80's will be a great platform for Apocalypse, maybe we'll get costumes.

Major props to Bryan Singer for balancing the stories and resetting everything.

Even though I absolutely loved ASM2 I can concede to defeat. DoFP is the best film so far this summer. Bravo.

post-28669-scanners-head-explosion-gif-mi-O2Jc.gif

My reaction exactly :lol:

I'm highly curious now. I work all Memorial Day weekend. The only time I'm going to be able to fit in a DoFP viewing is Sunday morning. :smh:

Now that you guys have seen it, can you take a guess at the gray hair on Logan? Did that have some sort of meaning I didn't pick up?

Didn't future Logan in the beginning already have grey hair...

Grey hair just means Wolverine does age but very, very slowly. It might also be a prelude to old man Logan storyline that Jackmans been speaking about in his interviews.
but why have grey hair at the end but not the beginning
what did he go to the future or something
also if prof x died in 3 how he alive in the past
havent seen movie yet but u can spoil me
Could be a clue that some time later on Wolverine loses his healing factor and starts to age regularly/his age catches up to him (since he's like 200+ years old in the movies).
O
Grey hair just means Wolverine does age but very, very slowly. It might also be a prelude to old man Logan storyline that Jackmans been speaking about in his interviews.

Old man Logan? Don't you need hulk in there?
For all the characters FOX don't own just replace them. So instead of Hulk maybe Juggernaut or the Blob. Throw in Dr. Doom instead of Kingpin and Red Skull, maybe add Omega Red and so on and so forth.

Instead of teaming up with Hawkeye, I dunno maybe Gambit or Morph or Deadpool.
If he didn't end up in the X program, wouldn't that mean he doesn't have Adamantium ever????

Or like you said, eventually he'll end up there, the current of the flow of the river, or somethin like that. :lol:
If they follow the convoluted X-Men history they could even tie-in how Mr. Sinister was behind the Weapon X program and it was Apocalypse supporting Sinister.

or they skip that and instead of Weapon X this time Apocalypse kidnaps Wolverine, makes him his horseman, and gives him his adamantium skeleton.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm convinced. Over the past few pages I've went from:

People are saying it's ranked lower than X1, X2? Not seeing it.

People saying it's bettter than all the other X-Men movies? Probably will see it next week.

But if Lamekilla - the biggest ASM2 fan on this board - says DoFP is better than ASM2?, I'm going to have to see it by weekend's end. :lol:

:rofl: I was in the theatre with the same reaction by the end. I had spoiled the movie for myself and liked the plot but wanted to see how it was executed on film and was literally blown away. The acting was GREAT. Michael Fassbender was the standout for First Class and James McAvoy was the standout for DoFP. I knew going in that I had to lower my expectations but the pacing was awesome the time travel wasn't clouded and they made good on a lot of promises. Wolverine was in this film was a voice of reason for the first time and it wasn't the Hugh Jackman show. Prof X and Magneto from the 70's were growing up to become the people they would eventually become, well at least Magneto. Prof X needed some guidance (from himself :wow:) him shooting up the needle in the 70's was so...dope (pun intended) Jennifer Lawrence was great as the misguided young mystique that everyone is in love with :lol: but she was so hot :wow: the past sentinels could've been better but my gripes are small. I loved this film!

If he didn't end up in the X program, wouldn't that mean he doesn't have Adamantium ever????

Or like you said, eventually he'll end up there, the current of the flow of the river, or somethin like that. :lol:

Yes and that is another thing they can get correct, remake it and make a decent Deadpool and maybe include Omega Red in there. Possibilities are endless though it'll be difficult because Logan still has his Weapon X memories or fragments of it so he kind of has an idea of what will happen. I am not sure if his memories of the events only stuck to his future self or if his past self will just be unaware, kind of like when the link was breaking he was kind of lost and confused and had no idea of what was going on so if they go the route of 70' Wolverine not remembering anything, then he might fall in that route anyways because Weapon X might just be inevitable.

That's what I like what this film the most, it really opens up the universe to so much possibilities now and they can just make it all the right way.

See, I was kind of thinking that's what the convo with Xavier meant at the end.

In X1, he's lost, and searching. Same in X2. Xavier can only help guide him. But in this, he clearly says, "we have a lot to talk about". He asks Logan, when was the last time you remember speaking with me. Almost like this new alt universe had sent him on a different path, and this was the part Xavier was going to be able to help unlock.

Am I reaching?

Not reaching, it's completely possible and they can go any route from this point on. Wolverines life has been altered from the 70s on so his experiences are different so he wanted to know what he missed because like in the beginning, they said he is the only on who would remember what happened to him except the ones that happened when he jumped back to the future. It isn't like in Looper where the future version automatically remembers what the past version does right after he does it.

Now were are getting into really confusing time travel scenarios. :lol:

See, I was kind of thinking that's what the convo with Xavier meant at the end.

In X1, he's lost, and searching. Same in X2. Xavier can only help guide him. But in this, he clearly says, "we have a lot to talk about". He asks Logan, when was the last time you remember speaking with me. Almost like this new alt universe had sent him on a different path, and this was the part Xavier was going to be able to help unlock.

Am I reaching?

I felt like the Xavier at the end/happy future was the Xavier Wolverine spoke with in the past but he couldn't bring up what he knew because he could effect the future or know one would know what he was speaking about when referring to the dystopian future that he himself witnessed when he had the convo with his future self. It wasn't till the dystopian wolverine that went into the past regained his consciousness again in that exact time in the future where he was initially sent back, woke up again. Only this time the future he knew never existed and this is the future in its place. Once he came to professor X, he was able to reconfirm that he was sent from the future because he remembers wolverine coming to warn him in the 70's. The James McAvoy from DoFP grew up to be the Happy Ending Charles Xavier, if that makes sense

Well, he clearly has to have "some type" of involvement, because they all knew him, as Logan. So clearly, it wasn't a complete restart, they knew who he was, hell, one of them (for those who have not seen yet) thought he was kidding when he said he was happy to see him. (which was a great moment)

So at least their memories of him, remain in tact, Xavier just has to fill in the blanks in what has changed for Logan since he fixed stuff from the past.

Haven't done my review yet, but just wondering. Singer stated that in the next film he will primarily be working with the First Class group. So does X-Men: Apocalypse take place between Days of Future Past? I really hope not, because it would be awesome if it just picked up where it left off (in the future).

Haven't done my review yet, but just wondering. Singer stated that in the next film he will primarily be working with the First Class group. So does X-Men: Apocalypse take place between Days of Future Past? I really hope not, because it would be awesome if it just picked up where it left off (in the future).

Speculation I've seen was it would be in the early 80's, maybe? Think I saw that somewhere in here, but not positive.

Movie makes no sense.  Sentinels were made in the 70's, but nowhere to be found or even mentioned in X1-X3.  They had mystique to get her blood, spinal fluid, brain cells, etc. but she was in X1-X3.  So after they experimented on her in the 70s they just let her go?  I thought this movie was mediocre at best, but had nothing to do with any of the original movies besides having the same actors.

Found it:
Aside from debunking rumors, Singer also offers some concrete details on X-Men: Apocalypse. It will be a sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past, rather than another spin-off movie, and will feature the younger versions of characters like Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, but not the older versions of them.
So basically, the best I can hope for are younger versions of Archangel, Cyclops and Jean Grey. James Marsden must be like, WTF. :lol:

Best "X-men" movie yet. :D

Too bad we're probably not going to get a lot of the classic X-men in AoA since it's set in the 80's. No Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Angel, Bishop etc. Probably recast for younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm.

Found it:
Aside from debunking rumors, Singer also offers some concrete details on X-Men: Apocalypse. It will be a sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past, rather than another spin-off movie, and will feature the younger versions of characters like Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, but not the older versions of them.
So basically, the best I can hope for are younger versions of Archangel, Cyclops and Jean Grey. James Marsden must be like, WTF. :lol:

We could see Jean and Cyclops, and maybe Storm all recast, but keep Jackman? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hadn't thought of that. I'm interested to see how the casting goes for this now.

Solid film. I hope they make do the villain for the next film right. I didn't want to say his name to spoil it for those who didn't see it yet

I think it should be young characters still if it stays close to the comics. Should be in the 80's there time not the future. 

Personally felt like this coulda been a direct sequel to X2 and everything we've seen from the XMEN film universe exists in an alternate timeline :lol:

Movie wasn't the greatest, but far from the disaster it was predicted to be.

Best "X-men" movie yet. :D

Too bad we're probably not going to get a lot of the classic X-men in AoA since it's set in the 80's. No Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Angel, Bishop etc. Probably recast for younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm.
Maybe Bishop (maybe add his sister Shard too). Wouldn't mind seeing black mutants.

Last edited:
Found it:

I feel like the route they took was awesome. Yeah, apocalypse will take place in the 80's which will be a great period for the xmen I feel like. They could even give the xmen their classic comic costumes to fit into place with the 80's vibrant colors silly hairstyles (Mohawk Storm and Jubilee PLEASE!) the ending was basically to show that what happens from here on out the Xmen, particularly our favorites from the original trilogy will be alright when it's all said end done. As for their origins, how they became xmen and their battles up until that point they will all be completely different. They can retell the dark phoenix saga again, they can give us the savage lands...so awesome

Personally felt like this coulda been a direct sequel to X2 and everything we've seen from the XMEN film universe exists in an alternate timeline
laugh.gif

Movie wasn't the greatest, but far from the disaster it was predicted to be.
Young Magneto saves it for me, he's too swagged up. Drunk professor is jokes also, he was like a real wino. 

Back
Top Bottom