"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Now that you guys have seen it, can you take a guess at the gray hair on Logan? Did that have some sort of meaning I didn't pick up?

Didn't future Logan in the beginning already have grey hair...

Grey hair just means Wolverine does age but very, very slowly. It might also be a prelude to old man Logan storyline that Jackmans been speaking about in his interviews.

Now that you guys have seen it, can you take a guess at the gray hair on Logan? Did that have some sort of meaning I didn't pick up?

Grey hair just means Wolverine does age but very, very slowly. It might also be a prelude to old man Logan storyline that Jackmans been speaking about in his interviews.
but why have grey hair at the end but not the beginning
what did he go to the future or something
also if prof x died in 3 how he alive in the past
havent seen movie yet but u can spoil me

I will be there tonight at the opening 
pimp.gif

We've long known that Xavier was able to "transfer" his mind just before Phoenix killed him. To his brothers body, or something like that I believe.

Then they used this vehicle to completely erase some of the things that went awry in X3.

We've long known that Xavier was able to "transfer" his mind just before Phoenix killed him. To his brothers body, or something like that I believe.

Then they used this vehicle to completely erase some of the things that went awry in X3.
so who he transfer his mind to??? :nerd:

Caught a showing today... first impressions were I liked it.

Definitely less sloppy than First Class.. no cringe-worthy scenes like "mutant and proud" or all the kids dancing and naming each other :lol:

McAvoy, Fassbender, Jackman, all really great.. I'm glad it wasn't as focused on Wolverine as I expected. I was glad to see Quicksilver was handled well (go figure people overreacted about his dumb costume :lol: ) Lawrence still isn't the best Mystique, but she was improved from First Class, but that's not saying much :lol: But Xavier coming to grips with his struggles and powers, any scene with Fassbender and McAvoy, and Xavier going into the future to talk to himself were the highlights.

The future stuff was good.. but since they were really confined to one location the whole time, it felt a bit stale. The action was great, though, and the future Sentinels were damn powerful. The past Sentinels were a little disappointing.. I could have used Wolverine and Beast destroying one or two before they got beat.

Time-travel + erasing Origins and X3 would have to make it a little convoluted here and there.. but overall it didn't get too bad. I did love the reveal at the end with all the characters.. and I laughed out loud when Cyclops popped up even though I knew it was coming. I'm definitely ready for the sequel just to see where they go from here.

The tag at the end was okay. I don't know what would have been better, so that's not a big complaint.

Overall I'm really satisfied. Nowhere near the disappointment a bunch of you were predicting. I'll think about it more in-depth later, but right now it's about a B+

Last edited:
A pretty good movie. It's probably on par with X2 if not better. I wasn't sure about the pacing initially but it found it's footing.

Right now Cap 2 > DOFP >>>> the ASM1 sequel

They could have used waaay more Quicksilver. :lol: @ him telling Magneto that his mother knew someone who could control metal.

I thought Havok might get more screentime.

I enjoy JL in most of her movies but not in this series. Visuals are great though :lol:

Future Sentinals were brutal. Those scenes were great.

Logan ending up with Stryker.

Apocalypse scene was great.

Last edited:

His brother, twin brother I hear.

His brother, twin brother I hear.
he has a twin????
is wolverine and sabertooth still related???

He had grey hair in the beginning.

Logan ending up with Stryker.

He didn't.

"Strykers" eyes turned yellow implying it was Mystique so we can assume at this moment that Wolverine will not be a part of the Weapon X program but as Xavier said, time is like water and any ripple will correct itself eventually so he might end up being in Weapon X program but that ending with Stryker being Mystique was a big F U to Origins.

What was the point of Havok again?

To show that they were experimenting with mutants, being held/operated in army bases and ...

... that the rest of the other mutants from First Class were dead while Havoc is alive.

Last edited:
He didn't.

"Strykers" eyes turned yellow implying it was Mystique so we can assume at this moment that Wolverine will not be a part of the Weapon X program but as Xavier said, time is like water and any ripple will correct itself eventually so he might end up being in Weapon X program but that ending with Stryker being Mystique was a big F U to Origins.

You're right....I forgot about that.

If he didn't end up in the X program, wouldn't that mean he doesn't have Adamantium ever????

Or like you said, eventually he'll end up there, the current of the flow of the river, or somethin like that. :lol:

Caught it last night and definitely a good movie. Better than first class and the sentinels in the future were absolutely taking no prisoners man.

If he didn't end up in the X program, wouldn't that mean he doesn't have Adamantium ever????

Or like you said, eventually he'll end up there, the current of the flow of the river, or somethin like that. :lol:

Yes and that is another thing they can get correct, remake it and make a decent Deadpool and maybe include Omega Red in there. Possibilities are endless though it'll be difficult because Logan still has his Weapon X memories or fragments of it so he kind of has an idea of what will happen. I am not sure if his memories of the events only stuck to his future self or if his past self will just be unaware, kind of like when the link was breaking he was kind of lost and confused and had no idea of what was going on so if they go the route of 70' Wolverine not remembering anything, then he might fall in that route anyways because Weapon X might just be inevitable.

That's what I like what this film the most, it really opens up the universe to so much possibilities now and they can just make it all the right way.

Last edited:
If they doing Age of Apocolypse, countinuity/references be damned, I want Wolverine(war), Gambit(famine), Arch Angel(death)and Mister Sinister(pestilence)[yes i know that isnt their role, but screw it, ots a movie] that would be so damn sick, plus they never show Wolverine as a bad guy. He was one for a longtime.

co-sign

so in short, it was a franchise reset. got it.

Yup. And it needed one. My question is where will the next one end up on the timeline? 2023 on or explore earlier adventures that we haven't seen yet because X-1 - X-3 have now been wiped off the planet...

Yeah Charles could definitely shut him down, I wasn't thinking about that.

But what could Magneto really do against him. Going on how fast he was during that kitchen scene
he took out multiple guards and deflected every bullet in what seemed like less than a second
, quicksilver could take anybody out before they even realized a fight had started.

I'm just going on their movie version here btw :lol: I know the fight wouldn't be close with their comic versions
Everytime Quick and Magneto fight Quick wins. (might be missing an exception or two He is simply too fast. Especially now that the High Evolutionary has increased his speed. Now he can run halfway around the world in 92 seconds

Its the best X-Men film yet in my opinion. 

It just sucks because the setting of the X-Men Universe would probably be from the 70s to the early 2000s since they're starting all over again. Colossus, Shadowcat, Rogue, Gambit, Quicksilver, etc. haven't been born yet.

They should have just rebooted it completely and started from scratch so that they could start in our present timeline.

Or maybe they will release movies in both past and present timelines?...
That truly doesnt matter. X-Men comics have been around for 50 years and it is really only 15ish years of their lives. Marvel uses a sliding time scale where the readers either pretend 15 years ago it was 63 or they pretend the comic started in the 90s even tho neither of those are the case.

What really matters is that characters are aged appropriately in relation to each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom