"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Interesting. The initial reviews on this board was that DoFP was good but still ranked lower than previous X men movies. Now the RT percentage is staying high and people are coming in saying it's the best X-men movie to date.

There aren't any bad reviews coming in either.

I'm a little confused. If some more people come in and say that this is the best X Men to date I might watch it next week.

You may have been reading just the hate towards Fox in general, I've seen a lot of people doubting the film before it released but overall review have been positive outside of NT.

Kinberg on the after credit scene.

"The post-credit sequence is a tease into what will be the Apocalypse movie. Now the Apocalypse you see – that young boy – may not be the actor who plays the character in our movie," Kinberg explains in the video interview with IGN Movies above. "It’s a deep back story glimpse into the character, but our movie doesn’t take place in ancient Egypt and will likely not star a young boy Apocalypse."

Interesting. The initial reviews on this board was that DoFP was good but still ranked lower than previous X men movies. Now the RT percentage is staying high and people are coming in saying it's the best X-men movie to date.

There aren't any bad reviews coming in either.

I'm a little confused. If some more people come in and say that this is the best X Men to date I might watch it next week.

You may have been reading just the hate towards Fox in general, I've seen a lot of people doubting the film before it released but overall review have been positive outside of NT.

Yea, I've been noticing.

That part should have been obvious...did people really think Apocalypse was gonna be some skinny teenager? :lol:

The only part I didn't like was the four random dudes riding camels in the back :rofl: I mean yeah four horseman and everything but the visual was soooo disappointing that i just had to laugh out loud in the theater

Last edited:
Just seen it and liked it...it's a neat way of fixing the problems of the past and having a clean slate...

First Class was meh to me. Very very meh.
Yup. Everything the movie did right had an equal bad part to undo it. Just seemed low budget and "made for TV".

I think the movie definitely suffered from being put together too fast. Filming began in August 2010 and the movie was out by May 2011. That's probably the fastest turnaround I've ever seen for a big blockbuster movie. If Matthew Vaughn had more time to work on the movie, I think it would have gone a lot better. At least they landed the Xavier/Magneto storyline though, which was most important. Everything else was ehhhh.

Haven't seen first class.. should I watch first class before BTTF DoFP?

That part should have been obvious...did people really think Apocalypse was gonna be some skinny teenager? :lol:

The only part I didn't like was the four random dudes riding camels in the back :rofl: I mean yeah four horseman and everything but the visual was soooo disappointing that i just had to laugh out loud in the theater

Oh come on now, you know how blinded people get by their anger for Fox. Plus to some it seems you have to spell everything out or else they'll just look at it at face value, it's got to be explained or they'll just e-rage if they do not see what they wanted to see. :lol:

I think the movie definitely suffered from being put together too fast. Filming began in August 2010 and the movie was out by May 2011. That's probably the fastest turnaround I've ever seen for a big blockbuster movie. If Matthew Vaughn had more time to work on the movie, I think it would have gone a lot better. At least they landed the Xavier/Magneto storyline though, which was most important. Everything else was ehhhh.

Exactly my point. Sad to see the movie suffer from all the extra things put in it. I also HATE when a cast is majority teens. Makes the movie feel like a children's flick.

"Mutant and proud". :x :x

Word of mouth seems to indicate Quicksilver was a hit. It's going to be interesting how the casual audience responds to Disney's version of Quicksilver.

They won't notice. More than likely in the Avengers, they'll call him Quicksilver.

I almost felt like Quicksilver was too fast in the movie. He was probably the most powerful mutant in the movie based on what I saw.

Nah they definitely have Magneto the most powerful. With his helmet on, he's practically undefeatable.

Yeah Charles could definitely shut him down, I wasn't thinking about that.

But what could Magneto really do against him. Going on how fast he was during that kitchen scene
he took out multiple guards and deflected every bullet in what seemed like less than a second
, quicksilver could take anybody out before they even realized a fight had started.

I'm just going on their movie version here btw :lol: I know the fight wouldn't be close with their comic versions

Now that you guys have seen it, can you take a guess at the gray hair on Logan? Did that have some sort of meaning I didn't pick up?

I figured it'd be the case but sad to here JLaw continues to ruin Mystique.
so whats the chronological order (if any) of all the x-men films released?

dont get why people dislike origins. it was good not great but it was not x3 horrible.
Wolverine Origins was worse than X3.
so whats the chronological order (if any) of all the x-men films released?

dont get why people dislike origins. it was good not great but it was not x3 horrible.
Probably should just take it as Wolverine changing the past erased all of X1-X3. Future is brand new.

Last edited:
First Class was meh to me. Very very meh.
Yup. Everything the movie did right had an equal bad part to undo it. Just seemed low budget and "made for TV".

Maybe, the movie wasn't dressed up as nicely as a blockbuster should, and the quick turnaround might've had something to do with it - but I feel it did well on all the other parts that matter.

The movie was paced well. Fassbender and McAvoy carried the movie well. Kevin Bacon was a good villain.

Admittedly, the kids didn't stick out to me. If the movie had chosen to put the focus on them instead of Xavier and Magneto, that would've been a problem.

Last edited:
Its the best X-Men film yet in my opinion. 

It just sucks because the setting of the X-Men Universe would probably be from the 70s to the early 2000s since they're starting all over again. Colossus, Shadowcat, Rogue, Gambit, Quicksilver, etc. haven't been born yet.

They should have just rebooted it completely and started from scratch so that they could start in our present timeline.

Or maybe they will release movies in both past and present timelines?...

Last edited:
Yeah Charles could definitely shut him down, I wasn't thinking about that.

But what could Magneto really do against him. Going on how fast he was during that kitchen scene
he took out multiple guards and deflected every bullet in what seemed like less than a second
, quicksilver could take anybody out before they even realized a fight had started.

I'm just going on their movie version here btw :lol: I know the fight wouldn't be close with their comic versions

Well he was dragging Mystique by the bullet in her leg so I'd assume dude could do the same with anything metal in QS' body like laceholes, the headphones, belt, zippers, etc.... He can move fast but Magneto can feel/smell metal (I believe he said he could small Wolvies adamantium in X3). I'm sure he can just use those to trip or throw QS to the wall (he tossed those guards in the summit like they were rag dolls). Actually if you trip him his fall/impact would be more powerful just because of how fast he is going.

Back
Top Bottom