~~!!!Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread Vol. Who Stays, Who Goes!!!~~

I think with our draft pick, if someone falls like kirk decastro u take em...if its not there, trade back nd rack up mid round draft picks... demarco fell to round 3, it happens every year, some goos talent will be around in the third.

I do think bennett is going to eat with nyg...he always seemed so lost trying to catch the rock with us...so akward...

With laurent gone where do u guys think were going for the slot? Early doucet?dwayne harris? I say bring in another nobody free agent(laurent last year) draft a guy, nd let dwayne battle both for the spot..

I like John Phillips a lot, but they need athleticism to offset he and 82. Should have signed Kellen Davis when they had the chance, but he re-upped with the Bears today.

I'm a fan of the Brandon Carr signing. Brodney Pool, not so much. Only one year, and I guess he can't be any worse than what has been back there, but it's not good enough.
With laurent gone where do u guys think were going for the slot?
Danny Amendola has a second-round tender on him, but I would probably give it some thought. Anthony Gonzalez for cheap, maybe. Jerheme Urban is someone who I always felt like deserved a better chance.

We definitely grab Decastro if he falls to us. Last year our pass coverage was ranked the worst in franchise history. It can't get any worse next year especially with the signing of car and Pool. Pool is gonna benefit us very well. He played his best when in Robb Ryans scheme in Cleveland with 4 picks and 10 deflections. He's done well under rob system and will be an upgrade over Elam.

As far as Laurent, I can't blame him. The guy has been in the league for six years and has been plagued with injuries his whole career. He's bounced from team to team and never did anything remotely significant until he got to Dallas. Keep in mind despite his clutchness, he was mostly getting played by sub package DBs. Defenses weren't scheming for Laurent. Let's see how well he does as a #1 WR in Jacksonville with Chad Henne tossing him the ball. The cowboys were an anomaly and it just so happened he had good chemistry with Romo. We will be fine someone else will step up or we'll draft someone that can be a third WR.

All in all we've made great moves in free agency and I like what Garrett is doing.

Laurent knew this was his only chance at getting paid big and Jackonsville fell for the trap.

Did we scoop up Dan Connor as well? Best player available in the draft #forsure

Yea..dan connor is offcially signed...hopefully bruce will do his sean lee rendition and step in seamlessly..if not I'm comfortable with connor, alot more than bradie or brook...nd I agree with pool flourishing under rob again..hopefully he shows out..im interested on seeing how barru church gets worked in..late in the season he saw alot of action as a nivkel linebacker and even subbed in on 3rd downs instead of james nd brook alot..seemed like rob was just getting comfortable with him...id imagine they give him a chance somewhere..made plays lsat year when called upon....

Penn State is known for their LB's in my opinion. 
These dudes are just... 
eek.gif

Paterno's line backers anyways. 

Dude even learned under Job Beason, I'll take that any day!

Hope we kill this season with Lee, Carter, and Conner. 
smile.gif

^ Way to go out on that limb skip that a school nicknamed linebacker U would have good linebackers lol.

Seemed like the staff was high on Raymond radway last year before he went down. I'm sure he'll be in the thick of things for that slot receiver competition

I might draft a pass rush +@+%* in the first if there's one there. We've gotta create more pressure or it won't matter who is back there in the secondary...

Kyle Orton: three years, $10.5 million
Mackenzy Bernadeau (guard from the Panthers): four years, $11 million
Chris Carr: five years, $50.1 million ($26.5 million guaranteed)
Lawrence Vickers: two years, $2.4 million
Brodney Pool: one year, $1.2 million
Dan Connor: two years, $6.5 million
Nate Livings (guard from the Bengals): five years, $19 million ($6.2 million guaranteed)

Is Livings any good? I'd assume with that contract they expect him to come in and start?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Is Livings any good? I'd assume with that contract they expect him to come in and start?

Not too sure if he's any good, I think he's just a stop-gap. 
He does have size, I think we might either draft a guard & movie Kosier to Center... 

There's so many ways this draft can go now! 

Which is a good thing.

We can go safety or corner back in the 1st round, or Offensive Lineman with either a guard or center. 

Even Defensive end or Defensive Tackle (Moving Ratliff to DE).

we can literally draft anyone at 14

i will not mind bpa at any position

the only problem i see is someone slipping like a Michael Floyd or a Trent Richardson and Jerry just drafting them lol

Originally Posted by RNMswag

we can literally draft anyone at 14

i will not mind bpa at any position

the only problem i see is someone slipping like a Michael Floyd or a Trent Richardson and Jerry just drafting them lol

I feel the same way

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Kyle Orton: three years, $10.5 million
Mackenzy Bernadeau (guard from the Panthers): four years, $11 million
Chris Carr: five years, $50.1 million ($26.5 million guaranteed)
Lawrence Vickers: two years, $2.4 million
Brodney Pool: one year, $1.2 million
Dan Connor: two years, $6.5 million
Nate Livings (guard from the Bengals): five years, $19 million ($6.2 million guaranteed)

Brandon Carr not Chris Carr.

Who goes: Kyle Kosier = gone! 
ohwell.gif

Who stays: Kevin Ogletree... 

Man, I stood up for this dude so many times. 

Saying just give 'em a chance, let him play slot, etc...

This past year he just proved how worthless he is! 
grin.gif

How are you going to let some free agent (Robinson) take your position, in a system that you had been in for 5 years?! 

Shows you how lazy, and how he's such a bum! 
mad.gif

Robinson played well due to his match ups Etc Etc.

Vickers can also play FB well , He was Fosters lead blocker.

When Tony signs somewhere else we will get something in return he is a RFA.

We still need to address the O line in the draft , And Safteys is a sore spot.

If Jenkins goes back to his pro bowl form , and scandrick still keeps improving all of a sudden the CBs are a solid spot on this team.

Poole is a body out there, But lets see what he can do...... Cruz torched son last year at the end of the season when he was a Jet. I watched that game in NYC lol.

Have a GOOD draft then all of a sudden the boys got a shot to do something.

Bottom line its gonna come Down to Dec again , We gonna prolly be in 1st or 2nd place in the East , and then have to win some key games down the stretch.....

Gonna be a good look....

Edit

Address the O line in the Draft , and Find a D line playmaker , and all of a sudden this team can do some things...........   This next year is the 2 year window they have to do some damage

i agree with the next two years being it
ware and romo arent getting any younger
if we finish how i believe we will finish looking at our schedule (6-10) we ned to seriously look at changing course at qb
we have literally every position sured up right now save for possibly our 14 being better than someone
is barron better than sense or pool?
is jenkins or kirkpatrick better than mike jenkins or scandrick?
is upshaw better than spencer etc...?
is decastro ready right now and worth the 14th pick?
at the very least, im excited for what this team has the potential to do, but being a cowboys fan, i know how this rodeo usually goes

I mean... We realize it's going to get worse before it gets better right? From the last 6 drafts, we've drafted 40 guys and only 13 are still here. Only 7 or 8 actually start.
sick.gif

I don't even care what position we draft. We just need to get some players.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I might draft a pass rush +@+%* in the first if there's one there. We've gotta create more pressure or it won't matter who is back there in the secondary...

VERY TRUE

Lol@dude saying change qbs..look at the numbers bro...ROMO ISN'T OUR PROBLEM! Problems were every one on defense not named ware,rat, or lee..literally every other player underachieved...scan ,tnew,ball were literally picked on. Spence couldn't touch a qb if 8.8mil were on the table...basically if dware doesn't get there no one does..then eli will climb the pocket, since theres no pressure up the middle..hell heave it 40 yards to a perfectly covered cruz who makes a play because scan is guarding him..remember
Those plays happening over nd over again?

Romo is the best offensive player we have..before u ask for him to gey replaced think back to hutchinson, quincy carter,drew bledsie, etc... Romo is the solution and we should try nd win while he, wit, nd.ware are still young..

I'm skeptical on Pool... I know he came from the Jets and Ryan is hungry coach and not a cupcake. I hope He brings some intensity to Dallas... But The Times I did watch the jets game... Pool was either getting torched.. or getting ran over..

Back
Top Bottom