Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants ...NYG-35...Dal-14...LOL LOL LOL

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

lmao. This dude would rather be America's team than win something this century. That's gotta be the lamest $%%* i ever heard
laugh.gif
. Let me tell you something, if ya'll keep losing, you won't be America's team for any longer.
how old are you? thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard in my life ... the cowboys will always be americas team, do you realize how farthis goes back in history? ... everyone wants to play for the cowboys, every fan either loves the boys or hates them ... look at the dude areyouin ... itsobvious that he gets as much joy out of the cowboys losing as he does when the eagles win, probably more lol ... people dont realize the hate for the boys doesjust as much as the love does ...

Back to the game.....

Anyone know if we will be wearing the Red jerseys?......We usually wear them in he middle of the year and I always remember us losing in them
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Hey Proshares, I got no problem with you.

I know there are some people not from Texas who are true fans.

Not a slight to those of you who are true fans. I know there are die-hard 'boys fans, and I respect y'all for sticking with your team.

No I know that and I have no problems with any Giants fans at all on this board. Just when people mention stuff about not being in the same state as the teamyou root for as a negative, it irks me a little bit. Just a peeve of mine nothing big.

Originally Posted by MBIII

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

So tell me this, how do the Knicks manage to be top 10 in attendance eons after the Ewing era?

no...you tell me this...why did yall only start supporting the yankees after they started winning again???...LOL...

see, i love when people have no idea what they are talking about, the yanks sucked in the late 80's/early 90's and still did 25-30000 which at the timewas awesomely high for a team not doing so well considering at the time teams like Minnesota and Toronto couldn't sell out WORLD SERIESgames, and add to the that yankees, cubs, dodgers, and both sox have the deepest and most devoted fans of any sport probably starting with the cubs. The sheerludicrousness of anyone calling in to question the faith of new york fans is bewildering to say the least, because we cheered hard for the giants even whendave brown was our flippin qb, we cheered hard for guys like mattingly, we cheered hard for mark messier, and we would have sold our souls to see ewing winone. So please don't ever call into question the devotion of the ny fan because we are homers all the way until it begins to get obnoxious.

P.S. and the flippin cowboys are dubbed "america's team" by jerry jones to accomodate the friggin bandwagoners.

overtime626 wrote:
see, i love when people have no idea what they are talking about, the yanks sucked in the late 80's/early 90's and still did 25-30000 which at the time was awesomely high for a team not doing so well considering at the time teams like Minnesota and Toronto couldn't sell out WORLD SERIES games, and add to the that yankees, cubs, dodgers, and both sox have the deepest and most devoted fans of any sport probably starting with the cubs. The sheer ludicrousness of anyone calling in to question the faith of new york fans is bewildering to say the least, because we cheered hard for the giants even when dave brown was our flippin qb, we cheered hard for guys like mattingly, we cheered hard for mark messier, and we would have sold our souls to see ewing win one. So please don't ever call into question the devotion of the ny fan because we are homers all the way until it begins to get obnoxious.

P.S. and the flippin cowboys are dubbed "america's team" by jerry jones to accomodate the friggin bandwagoners.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

lmao. This dude would rather be America's team than win something this century. That's gotta be the lamest $%%* i ever heard
laugh.gif
. Let me tell you something, if ya'll keep losing, you won't be America's team for any longer.
how old are you? thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard in my life ... the cowboys will always be americas team, do you realize how far this goes back in history? ... everyone wants to play for the cowboys, every fan either loves the boys or hates them ... look at the dude areyouin ... its obvious that he gets as much joy out of the cowboys losing as he does when the eagles win, probably more lol ... people dont realize the hate for the boys does just as much as the love does ...
lol. Only reason you have so many fans is because everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the 90s. So basically, you have a fanbase full ofbandwagoners.

Everyone wants to play for the Cowboys? lol. Only players that want to play for the cowboys are dudes born in Texas.

laugh.gif
how old are you? thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard in my life ... the cowboys will always be americas team, do you realize how far this goes back in history? ... everyone wants to play for the cowboys, every fan either loves the boys or hates them ... look at the dude areyouin ... its obvious that he gets as much joy out of the cowboys losing as he does when the eagles win, probably more lol ... people dont realize the hate for the boys does just as much as the love does ...

He's right. You either love them or hate them. That's why they are now and always will be America's Team. Playing against them is likeeveryone's superbowl. They love to beat them. You can't argue that. Even ocho cinco wants to play for them and there is no room for him anymore.

On another note, screw Johnson! Can he lead a receiver....EVER???

laugh.gif
lol. Only reason you have so many fans is because everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the 90s. So basically, you have a fanbase full of bandwagoners.

Everyone wants to play for the Cowboys? lol. Only players that want to play for the cowboys are dudes born in Texas.

lord have mercy ...
indifferent.gif

America's Team

The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. [sup][1][/sup] The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[sup][2][/sup]Yahoo!,[sup][3][/sup]HBO Sports,[sup][4][/sup] andSports Illustrated.[sup][5][/sup]

Bob Ryan, the Vice President and editor-in-chief ofNFL Films, coined this for the Cowboys in 1979. After preparing and editing the team's 1978season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. [sup][6][/sup] He was quoted as saying:
I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television.

During the Cowboys' first game of the 1979 season, a nationally televised game against the St. Louis Cardinals (which Dallas won 22-21), the television announcer introduced the Cowboys asAmerica's Team and the nickname stuck.

The popularity of the Cowboys as America's Team has been supported somewhat by such NFL records as "Team with Most Consecutive Sold OutGames", a streak of 160 home and away games (including playoffs) that began on December 23, 1990, at Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium and came to anend on December 24, 1999, in a Christmas Eve game against the New Orleans Saints in the Louisiana Super Dome.[sup][7][/sup] Other examples are the NFL games featuring the Cowboys that result inrecord-breaking ratings at the time of broadcast, such as 7 of the 8 Super Bowl games featuring the Cowboys and the NFC Championship Game between the Cowboysand 49ers, the only non-Super Bowl NFL game to be ranked in the Top 45 Primetime Telecasts of All Time.[sup][8][/sup]

Still, Dallas's Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry originally did not approve of theappellation of America's Team. He felt that it would give opposing teams extra incentive to play harder. Eventually he gave in and actually came to likethe name.[sup][9][/sup]

In 2003, NFL Films released a DVDcollection chronicling the Dallas Cowboys franchise entitled The Dallas Cowboys: The Complete History of America's Team 1960-2003.

LMAO ... you really believe it was jerry jones who gave them that nickname?
he didnt give them the nickname, America's Team referred to one Cowboys team from the late 70's. Jerry Jones is the one who preached onit year after year

America's Team

The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League. [sup][1][/sup] The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[sup][2][/sup]Yahoo!,[sup][3][/sup]HBO Sports,[sup][4][/sup] andSports Illustrated.[sup][5][/sup]

Bob Ryan, the Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films, coined this for the Cowboys in 1979. After preparing and editing the team's 1978 season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. [sup][6][/sup] He was quoted as saying:
I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television.

During the Cowboys' first game of the 1979 season, a nationally televised game against the St. Louis Cardinals (which Dallas won 22-21), the television announcer introduced the Cowboys as America's Team and the nickname stuck.

The popularity of the Cowboys as America's Team has been supported somewhat by such NFL records as "Team with Most Consecutive Sold Out Games", a streak of 160 home and away games (including playoffs) that began on December 23, 1990, at Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium and came to an end on December 24, 1999, in a Christmas Eve game against the New Orleans Saints in the Louisiana Super Dome.[sup][7][/sup] Other examples are the NFL games featuring the Cowboys that result in record-breaking ratings at the time of broadcast, such as 7 of the 8 Super Bowl games featuring the Cowboys and the NFC Championship Game between the Cowboys and 49ers, the only non-Super Bowl NFL game to be ranked in the Top 45 Primetime Telecasts of All Time.[sup][8][/sup]

Still, Dallas's Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry originally did not approve of the appellation of America's Team. He felt that it would give opposing teams extra incentive to play harder. Eventually he gave in and actually came to like the name.[sup][9][/sup]

In 2003, NFL Films released a DVD collection chronicling the Dallas Cowboys franchise entitled The Dallas Cowboys: The Complete History of America's Team 1960-2003.

i'd bet my house that you just learned that right now or you wouldnt be copying and pasting from Wikipedia

Nobody, not even you Cowboy fans, remembers or cares about the 70s Cowboys. The term "America's Team" would be dead if it weren't for the 90sCowboys. And now all the bandwagon kids have grown up and started this huge mess again.

Anyway im done talking about this petty %!@# you lames continue to harp on.

i blocked you but because you posted 2 times in a row i thought maybe you had something important to say ... i should have just stuck with my originalopinion of your posts ... if i just learned that now why would i have called dude out about it before i even posted the info from wikipedia?

the reason i posted it from wikipedia is to give validity to my claim ... if it wasnt for wikipedia i would have said something to the effect of "one ofthe dudes making their highlight film in the 70s for NFL films gave them the name and it stuck" ... but wikipedia made it more credible and accurate,especially the info about the 160 consecutive sold out games etc... etc...

Nobody, not even you Cowboy fans, remembers or cares about the 70s Cowboys. The term "America's Team" would be dead if it weren't for the 90s Cowboys. And now all the bandwagon kids have grown up and started this huge mess again.

you do realize we won two super bowls in the 70s right? you do realize that the skins tried to stop the start of our franchise? we've been successful,popular and hated from day one ... most super bowl victories and lets face it, everyone wants to see the boys play, whether you cheering for them or the otherteam ...

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

So if I would come up to you like "Giants gonna kill them boys this week" and your going to tell me "You crazy its the regular season!!!".
Damn dont try to make it sound like that homie
roll.gif

My logic was that the Giants had two fair shots at Dallas last year and lost...they TALKED both games and got handed the L.

Now playoff time they were humble and kept quiet for once .... they change their defensive strategy this time and BLITZ ALL DAY on Dallas and Won.
The Giants did their thang no doubt and at the right time. Is that not a fair assessment ?
What does talking/being humble have to do with anything ? You were talking about THIS SEASON. Just because you beat us twice last year. That dont mean nothing this year. You was acting like you got 2 automatic W's against this year. Dont gimme a sorry excuse about Romo being hurt this game because this was like week 4 when Romo was healthy.

I'd NEVER personally tell a cowboys/********/eagles fan that. If my team takes a L in the playoffs and just because we beat them in the regular season twice. Im not gonna come out "What makes yall think you could beat us in the regular season this year?"

Im sure im not the only one here who thinks how ******ed that comment is.
I was explaining why I said that quote !!!
Learn proper english cuz I dont know how this...

Damn dont try to make it sound like that homie
roll.gif

My logic was that the Giants had two fair shots at Dallas last year and lost...they TALKED both games and got handed the L.

Now playoff time they were humble and kept quiet for once .... they change their defensive strategy this time and BLITZ ALL DAY on Dallas and Won.
The Giants did their thang no doubt and at the right time. Is that not a fair assessment ?

means..."What makes you think the Giants could beat the cowboys in the regular season?"

Originally Posted by areyouin729

yet the real question to be answered was how are you comparing the Cowboys to the Yankees in terms of fan support? and you keep avoiding it b/c your point is asinine
wrong dude homie... he talking to so many people he forgot who hes arguing with
laugh.gif

Nobody, not even you Cowboy fans, remembers or cares about the 70s Cowboys. The term "America's Team" would be dead if it weren't for the 90s Cowboys. And now all the bandwagon kids have grown up and started this huge mess again.

you do realize we won two super bowls in the 70s right? you do realize that the skins tried to stop the start of our franchise? we've been successful, popular and hated from day one ... most super bowl victories and lets face it, everyone wants to see the boys play, whether you cheering for them or the other team ...
What the hell does that have to do with anything i said?

My cuz Marley hittin these dudes with history and science, and it aint workin...give it up, patna...they just talkin 2 hear the sound of they keyboards now...

Back
Top Bottom