Da hell is wrong wit kanye

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Common should've said that instead of sounding like he had on a fresh pair of tap dancing shoes

Last edited:
If you don't speak perfect or imperfect english all the time you're a phony. Is that the lesson of the day?

If you switch back and forth depending on the people you're around, you're phony.

Ehhh..........as a bilingual you can't really say that, you have to understand where u are to frame and convey your ideas appropriately.. Does that mean go full white face like Kanye does? Hell no...

Last edited:
If you switch back and forth depending on the people you're around, you're phony.
So every NT'er who speaks another language, or American culture isn't their only culture, and  they respect their parents' insular worldviews are phony then. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
No one was every talking about change languages.

Plies didnt change his language, unless we're counting ratchet as a full blown language. :nerd:

Let me know so I can start teaching Ratchet in other countries. :lol:

Get my doctrine in Rachetivity.

Last edited:
So every NT'er who speaks another language, or American culture isn't their only culture, and  they respect their parents' insular worldviews are phony then. :nerd:

How in the world did you get that from what? I speak two languages, I currently live abroad but I still being me at the end of the day. What you even going on about?

How in the world did you get that from what? I speak two languages, I currently live abroad but I still being me at the end of the day. What you even going on about?
If your father asks where were you when you were over your boy's house, would you respond, "at my n's house"?

If you were at the dinner table with your parents, would you be like, "I'm pooped guys, I was savaging in these streets heavy, nahmsayin'? N's be thinking it's a game b...pass me the..."

If someone went back to their native land, they wouldn't be like "yeah dude, dude yeah, dude, like dude, dude bro, yeah dude bro".

Last edited:

Plies didnt change his language, unless we're counting ratchet as a full blown language. :nerd:

Ill give you an example... In Spanish, you can be a straight up hardcore goon, thug, shooter, heartless animal... But when merengue, bachata, salsa comes on, your masculinity isn't questioned because you can cut a rug & dance well...in English?

Forget about it, take as a example Chris Brown :lol:

With language changes social normals also change, its a contextual thing..

You can make da same claim with Kanye "acting white" around white people to better acclimate to their culture, but its way more frown upon in english because da only reason he's relevant in that circle is because of his rap/hiphop background that he conveniently packs away when he wants to "speak proper".

Why compromise who he is to pander to people who will only see him as one way anyways? Might as well let that Southside Chicago flourish right? Im on that boat.

English accents, grammars, syntax, etc. All have hierarchy in society...this is OLD school class warfare.

If your father asks where were you when you were over your boy's house, would you respond, "at my n's house"?

Yes.

If you were at the dinner table with your parents, would you be like, "I'm pooped guys, I was savaging in these streets heavy, nahmsayin'? N's be thinking it's a game b...pass me the..."

I dont talk like that, but I get the point.

Yes.

^Common should've said that instead of sounding like he had on a fresh pair of tap dancing shoes

***** said it like we're the ones with the problem.

Its nuances u pick up when he said it. I understand what he said immediately, but da real issue is some people don't wanna bury da hatchet as fast as others...

look at da SC massacre... Some folks were legit mad that those churches forgave that killer as fast as they did for da sake of being a good Christian.

Ill give you an example... In Spanish, you can be a straight up hardcore goon, thug, shooter, heartless animal... But when merengue, bachata, salsa comes on, your masculinity isn't questioned because you can cut a rug & dance well...in English?

You can make da same claim with Kanye "acting white" around white people to better acclimate to their culture, but its way more frown upon in english because da only reason he's relevant in that circle is because of his rap/hiphop background that he conveniently packs away when he wants to "speak proper".

Why compromise who he is to pander to people who will only see him as one way anyways? Might as well let that Southside Chicago flourish right? Im on that boat.

English accents, grammars, syntax, etc. All have hierarchy in society...this is OLD school class warfare.

Word, kind of tough to explain to folks without a deep culture or real interactions with folks far outside of it. American bravado is an odd thing.

Yes.

Yes.
So you really tryna tell us you talk to your grandmother the same way you talk to your boys? You talk to the people you interact with on a professional basis the same way you talk to those you interact with casually? With no differences whatsoever? 

Actually, I mostly talking about Piles turning up the ignorance for IG. Every time I heard Kanye talk, he sounds like a regular middle class black man, Ive never heard him "talk white".

Why compromise who he is to pander to people who will only see him as one way anyways?

Exactly Plies out here looking like he dropped out of HS and he knows better. Perpetrating a stereotype.

Might as well let that Southside Chicago flourish right? Im on that boat.[/qoute]

Bruh..we talking about speaking. :lol:

Right. I understand. This dude out here making seem cool to be unequipped.

Yes.

Yes.

So you really tryna tell us you talk to your grandmother the same way you talk to your boys? You talk to the people you interact with on a professional basis the same way you talk to those you interact with casually? With no differences whatsoever? 

:lol:

Now its grandmother? :lol: To answer your question yes. What make you think I talk to my boys like I dropped out of school in the 8th grade? Yall act like theres no in between. Idk maybe its because Im country, but Ive been told many times by females that they can tell I have an "edge" to me. Maybe Im an anomaly.

The thing I always noticed with Kanye is, he's played his double lifestyle card many times

He grew up in the hood, but he wasn't a hood *****. And a lot of people can relate.

The thing is, being a rapper and trying to go hard ***** his whole jig up.

Like, if you want to be in the neutral zone, cool. Whatever. Nobody's asking you to be big bad Kanye one minute, then put on the forced "proper English" the next

Just be you, guy. Talk how you want to talk. Walk how you want to walk. But don't flip the switches. Be that 100 percent

Last edited:
Just compare & contrast...

[Video]

Passionate

And yet

[Video]

No one switches up that drastic...

Even Plies when he tones down his OD goon bihh talk you can still pull his identity outta of da eloquence..Kanye will completely become a whole nother individual...its offensive to hiphop cuz up until very recently.. Put a emphasis on authenticity.[/Video][/Video]

Y'all forgot they used to tell him toughen up, put some bass in his voice. He been like that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom