D!ck Vitale's Preseason Top 40

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

-I don't understand what y'all see in Lance Stephenson. I really don't. He's good, but he ain't THAT good. NY hype, IMO.
No he's really good, and in Cincinnati he'll do whatever

I just want to see a close game between Sparty and Michigan. MD is doing his part to make the football side of things closer, hopefully JB can do it on thehardwood.

2. Michigan State

how the hell is raymar morgan still in school?

he's like a 17th year senior
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigplb78

purdue and fluke better than Nova??...ehh I think not
I think people are actually overrating Nova. They have no proven front court! Cunningham was the most important player on Nova's squad lastyear and losing him AND Anderson/Clark, who were already undersized big men means problems for Nova next year.

And why the hell did Jay bring in 2 5 star guards when he's already got 4 starter worthy guards on his roster? I feel bad for cheek and Wayns cause themminutes won't come cheap.

^ yea I kno what your sayin bro but remember we had that 4 guard lineup a couple years ago and that turned out fairly well...I agree we don't have a provenbig man but these guards we do have, they have that experience...also imo, Corey Fisher darkhorse for player of the year

roll.gif
@ Duke's ranking. Nobody is game planning for Scheyer or Singler. They're soft.

laugh.gif
@ Uconn's ranking.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

bigplb78 wrote:

purdue and fluke better than Nova??...ehh I think not
I think people are actually overrating Nova. They have no proven front court! Cunningham was the most important player on Nova's squad last year and losing him AND Anderson/Clark, who were already undersized big men means problems for Nova next year.

And why the hell did Jay bring in 2 5 star guards when he's already got 4 starter worthy guards on his roster? I feel bad for cheek and Wayns cause them minutes won't come cheap.

I see what you're saying. Cheeks and Wayans definitely will be seeing time on the court asap though they can flat out play. Especially with theinconsistent play of Stokes and Fisher at times. I know every college coach would love to be in Wright's position of having too worry about playing timebecause you have so much talent though.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Nobody is game planning for Scheyer or Singler.

indifferent.gif

Easy Dre
laugh.gif

You know damn well he don't watch college basketball after making a comment like that. And Singler moving back to the 3 spot?! PROBLEM CHILD!

^ yea I kno what your sayin bro but remember we had that 4 guard lineup a couple years ago and that turned out fairly well...I agree we don't have a proven big man but these guards we do have, they have that experience...also imo, Corey Fisher darkhorse for player of the year
I'm a huge fan of Fisher, just not as consistent as Stokes. Reynolds leaving would have been MUCH better for Nova and the development oftheir guards because it would allow Fisher and/or Stokes to run wild.

I know every college coach would love to be in Wright's position of having too worry about playing time because you have so much talent though.
Next year, if all the guards stay, they're gonna be a problem. With Yarou and the addition of another decent big man, this team is FF boundin 2 years, at the latest.

Jay couldn't predict that Scottie was going to stay to his senior year, especially since they don't have the best coach-player relationship. Wayns wasborn to play Nova basketball, I think he verbal like his sophomore year and since he was like best friends with Lowry, him going to Nova was a done deal. Cheek wasn't even suppose to come, he wanted to go to Kansas but Self wouldn't let him sign until he knew he couldn't get Henry. The Darkhouse forthis team this year is Stokes, he needs to establish himself as more of a consistent threat on the perimeter/mid-range instead of just being a spot upjump-shooter. I didn't even mention Yarou, nor do I want too. I remember the last time we had a big man as hype as Yarou, he didn't quite turn out asexpected.

LONG ISLAND, FTL.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

oh wow was that a Jason Fraser reference?? damn its still a shame what happened to him...imagine if him and Sumpter were healthy that elite 8 season...smh

Originally Posted by bigplb78

oh wow was that a Jason Fraser reference?? damn its still a shame what happened to him...imagine if him and Sumpter were healthy that elite 8 season...smh
Yea, I felt bad for both. Fraser was supposed to be what Amare turned out to be. Dude is Patrick Ewing status right now (knee wise).

bottom line: you don't lose your whole frontline and win the big east the next season.

Cunningham single-handedly kept them in some games last year, or willed them to wins due to their guards inconsistency. If they can get any type of consistencyI can see them being in the BE race, but it's def hard to compete with depleted frontline. I need to see Yarou early on in the season but it's hard torely on freshman big men in this league no matter how high they were ranked. Look at Samardo Samuels.

Back
Top Bottom