D!ck Vitale's Preseason Top 40

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Maryland>Cal
and we didnt make the top 40? whats Dickie V smoking?
uhhh no.

I'm with you on this, it comes down to him Favors and Wall. But I fully expect him to go HAM this season, its going to be Juice all over again, you remember how everybody was deficating on him before the season started, by middle of conference play everybody was on his scrotum... Same thing with Lance, mark my words Dre.

exactly what will happen.

This year? That team is LOADED... There are no excuses this year... That team needs to be winning the Big XII and playing late into March...
Does Jai Lucas have anything close to a halfway decent jumper?
It was f'n hilarious/ridiculous watching teams play 5 feet off Bulbay last year.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like his game though ..

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

short of an in depth explanation, Rick Barnes has been carried by talent. His actual coaching skills on the high ncaa level are mediocre at the absolute best.
See, I don't think he's that bad... The Boobie/LA/PJ Tucker team underachieved but aside from that, I honestly don't think he's ever been so loaded that it was a major disappointment if they didn't make the Elite 8 or Final Four...

This year? That team is LOADED... There are no excuses this year... That team needs to be winning the Big XII and playing late into March...
Dude is one of the best recruiters but is an awful x's and o's coach. He used Durant horribly as well.

Are you saying Durant could have done more than what he already did at Texas? I mean, he won POY as a freshman, averaged like 28 and 10.
If he was such a bad coach, why is Texas getting ranked in the Top 25 every year? Why is top talent coming to his school if he sucks (unless they'regetting paid, of which I know nothing about)? He puts a good product on the court and his guys are getting lottery picks. Hasn't won the big one, but thatgoes for alot of the top guys. Barnes will get his eventually, just like Roy, Self, and Boeheim did. I don't even like Texas either. Hopefully Mr. Howlandwill get over the hump sooner than Barnes, though it doesn't look that way.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Other than Michigan State and Purdue, there should not be another Big 10 team inside the top 20.

How the Heck is Michigan so high?

short of an in depth explanation, Rick Barnes has been carried by talent. His actual coaching skills on the high ncaa level are mediocre at the absolute best.
See, I don't think he's that bad... The Boobie/LA/PJ Tucker team underachieved but aside from that, I honestly don't think he's ever been so loaded that it was a major disappointment if they didn't make the Elite 8 or Final Four...

I've always been confused about Barnes recruiting...It seems he's a better recruiter OUTSIDE of texas...

deron williams, bosh, okafor, d. arthur, diogu, maxiel, daniel ewing are all TX kids who got away from UT.

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Dude is one of the best recruiters but is an awful x's and o's coach. He used Durant horribly as well.

Are you saying Durant could have done more than what he already did at Texas? I mean, he won POY as a freshman, averaged like 28 and 10.
If he was such a bad coach, why is Texas getting ranked in the Top 25 every year? Why is top talent coming to his school if he sucks (unless they're getting paid, of which I know nothing about)? He puts a good product on the court and his guys are getting lottery picks. Hasn't won the big one, but that goes for alot of the top guys. Barnes will get his eventually, just like Roy, Self, and Boeheim did. I don't even like Texas either. Hopefully Mr. Howland will get over the hump sooner than Barnes, though it doesn't look that way.
ill take a stab

1. Durant probably could not have personally achieved anything more than he did. That was all talent though. Any coach in America would just let a guy loosewith that type of talent. Not really a hard decision to make. I do think there were some more things he could have done from a scheme standpoint to makethings a bit easier for him at times, but Durant was just so damn good he still got his either way.

2. Don't get success confused with good coaching. There are multiple facets to coaching, especially at the collegiate level, that go into having asuccessful team.

For starters, as mentioned, Barnes is a great recruiter. He has been known to let his 1 and done type superstars loose and he has started putting guys in theleague primarily because of that. That alone will buy you recruits. From a pure Xs and Os standpoint, Barnes has been dissappointing.

I could go on and on, but he has mismanaged some talent, mismanaged games, and Texas should have something more to show for their appearances, but when you gethigher up in tournament play, in game coaching really begins to be a factor.

in a roundabout way, he ironically he reminds me of Mack Brown.

and the school atmosphere alone is like 90% of the recruiting battle. if you take 1 visit here on a recruiting trip, you could have ME as the coach and stillsnag some great recruits. the university does a whole lot of speaking for itself.

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I can't believe no one has really said anything about UofM at 11.
Peep my first post, I already addressed the Big 10 as a whole.
dont hate, michigan is finally getting respect and beilein added talent to the team. we finnaly got a point guard...our first since daniel horton

b5c2561be7663862000a4dc2df1f0863.jpg
+
610x.jpg
= 11 in the nation...
i spent a lot of time w/ darius' high school team this past season...he excels in a running open court offense...hopefully he's allowed toplay to his strengths..

Originally Posted by manamazing55

. He used Durant horribly as well.
can you imagine if he wouldve used him right, he couldve been national player of the year.
tired.gif

You're being sarcastic right? Its difficult to deciper on a screen

There are not 20 teams better than Siena

Walton and Suton are losses, but certainly can be overcome...they're my #1. Beat Kansas twice last year including a smacking.

Kenny was horrible for the greater part of last year.

Clarence Jackson has more raw talent.

Only concern is Kenny's compsure and ability to be a 2nd ballhandler at end of games, but that can be replaced.

On paper, this years team is far and away their best ever

dont hate, michigan is finally getting respect and beilein added talent to the team. we finnaly got a point guard...our first since daniel horton

+
610x.jpg
= 11 in the nation...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by dreClark

Oh yeah.

All aboard the Lakeem Jackson, Rakim Sanders and Manny Harris hype train.

And I can't WAIT for my man Lance Stephenson to play this year. He WILL have the best year for a frosh this year. And w/ the way people been bad mouthing son
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm with you on this, it comes down to him Favors and Wall. But I fully expect him to go HAM this season, its going to be Juice all over again, you remember how everybody was deficating on him before the season started, by middle of conference play everybody was on his scrotum... Same thing with Lance, mark my words Dre.

+
610x.jpg
= 11 in the nation...

Seriously, you have to honor this one... If you're not rocking with Manny then I can't take you serious as a college basketball fan
smh.gif
Even as an OSU fan I'll agree Manny is that dude....I just don't think they should be ranked thathigh...too inconsistent last year to expect that much out of them. They will be an NCAA team and I can see them going to the Sweet 16 however.

Back
Top Bottom