D!ck Vitale's Preseason Top 40

Georgetown will be top 10 when its all said and done
pimp.gif

smh.gif
at kentucky not being number one,im from NY no homer but i think kentucky will make at least final four 2010

F that..Wake should be in there somewhere, they got 3 starters returning plus Ty Walker is about to get some burn this year, and I'm not even a fan of them

Maryland not in the top 40? we beat that Cal team in the tourny and we didnt lose a player. and ive seen them in alot of top 25's outside this one

smh.gif
no UCLA.

? behind JA but still have a talented team w/ Lee, Gordon, Moser, Honeycutt, Roll, Nelson/Lane, and Bobo

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Texas at 4. Interesting...

Eh...

Rick Barnes really has no excuses this year... I've defended him like crazy on here in the past, but if they come up small in the tournament again this year... It won't speak highly to his ability to coach at the highest level in college basketball...

He's brought that program to the forefront of college basketball from relative obsurity, but it's time to prove you're in the same category as Self, Williams, and Cal... And frankly, this will be the best team he's ever had in Austin other than maybe the TJ Ford squad that reached the Final Four...
short of an in depth explanation, Rick Barnes has been carried by talent. His actual coaching skills on the high ncaa level are mediocre at theabsolute best.

Why are y'all surprised about Wake? They %%!* themselves the whole 2nd half and lost their two best players to the NBA.

Oh yeah.

All aboard the Lakeem Jackson, Rakim Sanders and Manny Harris hype train.

And I can't WAIT for my man Lance Stephenson to play this year. He WILL have the best year for a frosh this year. And w/ the way people been bad mouthingson
smh.gif
smh.gif

^^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just think if Ryan Anderson decided to stay all 4, team would be vicious

Jerome Randle will be an All American

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Mizzou in the top 40??? They stupid for that. I bet they will be top 25 at the end of next year.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

short of an in depth explanation, Rick Barnes has been carried by talent. His actual coaching skills on the high ncaa level are mediocre at the absolute best.
See, I don't think he's that bad... The Boobie/LA/PJ Tucker team underachieved but aside fromthat, I honestly don't think he's ever been so loaded that it was a major disappointment if they didn't make the Elite 8 or Final Four...

This year? That team is LOADED... There are no excuses this year... That team needs to be winning the Big XII and playing late into March...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

short of an in depth explanation, Rick Barnes has been carried by talent. His actual coaching skills on the high ncaa level are mediocre at the absolute best.
See, I don't think he's that bad... The Boobie/LA/PJ Tucker team underachieved but aside from that, I honestly don't think he's ever been so loaded that it was a major disappointment if they didn't make the Elite 8 or Final Four...

This year? That team is LOADED... There are no excuses this year... That team needs to be winning the Big XII and playing late into March...
Dude is one of the best recruiters but is an awful x's and o's coach. He used Durant horribly as well.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I can't believe no one has really said anything about UofM at 11.
Peep my first post, I already addressed the Big 10 as a whole.

So he's basing Kentucky's rankings basically off of their recruiting class?
sick.gif

If that's the case (combination of returning + new players) then UNC > Kentucky.

It hurts even admitting that.

Kentucky WILL drop out of the top 20 at least once next season.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

dont hate, michigan is finally getting respect and beilein added talent to the team. we finnaly got a point guard...our first since daniel horton

b5c2561be7663862000a4dc2df1f0863.jpg
+
610x.jpg
= 11 inthe nation...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Oh yeah.

All aboard the Lakeem Jackson, Rakim Sanders and Manny Harris hype train.

And I can't WAIT for my man Lance Stephenson to play this year. He WILL have the best year for a frosh this year. And w/ the way people been bad mouthing son
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm with you on this, it comes down to him Favors and Wall. But I fully expect him to go HAM this season, its going to be Juice all over again, youremember how everybody was deficating on him before the season started, by middle of conference play everybody was on his scrotum... Same thing with Lance,mark my words Dre.

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by kingkb34

dont hate, michigan is finally getting respect and beilein added talent to the team. we finnaly got a point guard...our first since daniel horton

b5c2561be7663862000a4dc2df1f0863.jpg
+
610x.jpg
= 11 in the nation...

Seriously, you have to honor this one... If you're not rocking with Manny then I can't take you serious as a college basketball fan
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom