CP3 trying to follow Lebron's lead.

if you don't think a team with Amare, CP3 and some of the knicks core still intact wouldn't be a better team than the hawks who just choked in two straight playoff appearances, your opinion isn't worth squat.

if you don't think a team with Amare, CP3 and some of the knicks core still intact wouldn't be a better team than the hawks who just choked in two straight playoff appearances, your opinion isn't worth squat.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Real Talk, CP3 !$+% and moaning to the media speaks for itself, it is what it is. This is the same kid who told Lebron, according to sources, that he should stay with the Cavs and play for Scott, yet he now wants to play with other superstars. The bigger issue here is this dude got the nerve to make a "Wish List". He has the right to request help, as well as the right to have input on personal/coaching decisions.  If you don't agree with those decisions, then you can go where you feel is best for your career, during your free agency. Don't wait until you see your friends form a SUPER TEAM, then you want to hop on the bandwagon through a trade. If you request a trade, be prepared to go wherever they send you. Until then, SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR WISH LIST AND PLAY BALL. I remember Wade *****ing about help, then he STILL ball out in the playoffs with that bum $%* team, now he is a happy man. The Hornets only got $31mil as of right now on the books for 2012, it's not like they in salary cap hell for the next 5 years. I can respect Wade/Lebron/Bosh from the perspective of they at least shut-up for the most part and honor their contracts with their respective teams.  This dude is trying to make 2012 come in 2010. 
I agree with the gist of this post.

Good !#*%.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Real Talk, CP3 !$+% and moaning to the media speaks for itself, it is what it is. This is the same kid who told Lebron, according to sources, that he should stay with the Cavs and play for Scott, yet he now wants to play with other superstars. The bigger issue here is this dude got the nerve to make a "Wish List". He has the right to request help, as well as the right to have input on personal/coaching decisions.  If you don't agree with those decisions, then you can go where you feel is best for your career, during your free agency. Don't wait until you see your friends form a SUPER TEAM, then you want to hop on the bandwagon through a trade. If you request a trade, be prepared to go wherever they send you. Until then, SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR WISH LIST AND PLAY BALL. I remember Wade *****ing about help, then he STILL ball out in the playoffs with that bum $%* team, now he is a happy man. The Hornets only got $31mil as of right now on the books for 2012, it's not like they in salary cap hell for the next 5 years. I can respect Wade/Lebron/Bosh from the perspective of they at least shut-up for the most part and honor their contracts with their respective teams.  This dude is trying to make 2012 come in 2010. 
I agree with the gist of this post.

Good !#*%.

only reason i feel like chris should shut up is because this dude just came off knee surgery.......and i swear they said bone is gonna be rubbing bone......i wonder how he's gonna be from here on out

only reason i feel like chris should shut up is because this dude just came off knee surgery.......and i swear they said bone is gonna be rubbing bone......i wonder how he's gonna be from here on out

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im not trying to justify HOW LEBRON LEFT... can you not read? i said it was a BAD PR STUNT.... but lebron did what he could for the team and left after his contract was over.... CP3 is crying while still being UNDER CONTRACT, WANTING TO GO PLAY FOR A CONTENDER.... do you not see the differnce? you can hate how lebron left.... but at least he put in the work until the contract was up...

And CP3 didn't put in work? Like he wasn't the face of the Hornets franchise. Like he didn't take that team to the playoffs several times.

Last time I checked, the work him and LeBron has put in is virtually equal seeing as they both have no rings to show for it.

What's the difference between him and the countless other athletes that have requested trades in the NBA?

CP3 is the first athlete to request a trade while being under contract let you tell it.

im not trying to justify HOW LEBRON LEFT... can you not read? i said it was a BAD PR STUNT.... but lebron did what he could for the team and left after his contract was over.... CP3 is crying while still being UNDER CONTRACT, WANTING TO GO PLAY FOR A CONTENDER.... do you not see the differnce? you can hate how lebron left.... but at least he put in the work until the contract was up...

And CP3 didn't put in work? Like he wasn't the face of the Hornets franchise. Like he didn't take that team to the playoffs several times.

Last time I checked, the work him and LeBron has put in is virtually equal seeing as they both have no rings to show for it.

What's the difference between him and the countless other athletes that have requested trades in the NBA?

CP3 is the first athlete to request a trade while being under contract let you tell it.

Originally Posted by DubA169

1st if they aquired CP3 which is till in debate (just a rumor mill) they couldnt just sign him, therefore they would have to give up some of those so called core players you speak of. And yea the hawks choked but what exactly has the knicks done in iuno the new millenium? Face it outside of hopefully and unrealistic Knicks fans, no one in the basketball realm would pick them as favorites to win it all, even with CP3. They still dont have a prolific dominant scorer. They in a sense would be a younger version of what the Suns had minus the rest of the team talent. That might make them and thats a big might be a better team then the Hawks but as far as the top 4 big dogs
laugh.gif
.. Quit kidding yourself.

The best proven scorer they have as of now that can actually dominate and take over a game is T-Mac and he is more then likely leaving. Whose their goto player... eddy curry, chandler, felton lol. They last big time scorer spark is currently playing for the hawks matta fact. Dont say STAT cause like i said he is effective in a system, and as of NOW they dont have anyone that can run it like Nash. And even if they did ok you double him, matter fact just zone and force him to create his own shots then what other players do you have that can step up and take over?

Originally Posted by DubA169

1st if they aquired CP3 which is till in debate (just a rumor mill) they couldnt just sign him, therefore they would have to give up some of those so called core players you speak of. And yea the hawks choked but what exactly has the knicks done in iuno the new millenium? Face it outside of hopefully and unrealistic Knicks fans, no one in the basketball realm would pick them as favorites to win it all, even with CP3. They still dont have a prolific dominant scorer. They in a sense would be a younger version of what the Suns had minus the rest of the team talent. That might make them and thats a big might be a better team then the Hawks but as far as the top 4 big dogs
laugh.gif
.. Quit kidding yourself.

The best proven scorer they have as of now that can actually dominate and take over a game is T-Mac and he is more then likely leaving. Whose their goto player... eddy curry, chandler, felton lol. They last big time scorer spark is currently playing for the hawks matta fact. Dont say STAT cause like i said he is effective in a system, and as of NOW they dont have anyone that can run it like Nash. And even if they did ok you double him, matter fact just zone and force him to create his own shots then what other players do you have that can step up and take over?

/\ Different circumstances...and you know that. These situations are not the same.

I'm not even saying that what CP is doing is acceptable because it isn't...but let me know when his one hour special airs.

/\ Different circumstances...and you know that. These situations are not the same.

I'm not even saying that what CP is doing is acceptable because it isn't...but let me know when his one hour special airs.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Buc Em

CP3 wouldn't be a good fit on Atlanta or Portland. Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson are basically point guards for those teams. They have the ball in their hands for the majority of most possessions and bring the ball up a lot of the times. Plus those two teams would be giving up way too much talent to get him there anyway. Atlanta would probably have to trade Josh Smith, Bibby, Marvin Williams and maybe something else. Then the Hawks would be left with a starting lineup of CP3, JJ, Crawford, Horford and Pachulia. That's not bad but it still isn't gonna win a championship. I mean all these trade scenarios aside I think dude just wants to go to New York, play with Amare and wait for Melo to get there. Pretty sure that's the plan but ESPN is gonna try and Lebron this situation if it doesn't get handled quickly.
As a Portland fan, the Blazers need a point guard like Paul to change up their offense.  B-Roy taking the ball down the court SUCKS!  Dude plays to slow.  As far as them having to give up to much, not really.  They could give up Miller and Pryzbilla(both expiring), Rudy Fernandez, then possibly Bayless and if they really wanted to get it done Batum instead.  After picking up Wesley Mathews there are to many players at SG, Rudy needs to go for sure, and as much as I like Bayless he will always be a combo guard so he is disposable.  Pryz is done after his knee mess and Miller is getting old.  Batum though I would like to see them keep, Dante Cunningham is on the come up but he isn't quite starter material yet to take on Batums role.
Yes. I don't want Batum to go and I like Bayless as well but for CP, I'm for it. I think Nate is holding him back anyway so I'd like him to succeed, even if it's elsewhere. From the All-Star games, CP and Roy have that instant connection on the court. I don't know if that's enough evidence but it's something positive to look at. Roy needs/wanted to learn to play more off the ball when Dre got there so maybe now he'll put it in some work. CP would make Aldridge and Oden so much better.
Seriously, Batum is the most over-rated Blazer EVER. I give Batum up for CP3 without even blinking once.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Buc Em

CP3 wouldn't be a good fit on Atlanta or Portland. Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson are basically point guards for those teams. They have the ball in their hands for the majority of most possessions and bring the ball up a lot of the times. Plus those two teams would be giving up way too much talent to get him there anyway. Atlanta would probably have to trade Josh Smith, Bibby, Marvin Williams and maybe something else. Then the Hawks would be left with a starting lineup of CP3, JJ, Crawford, Horford and Pachulia. That's not bad but it still isn't gonna win a championship. I mean all these trade scenarios aside I think dude just wants to go to New York, play with Amare and wait for Melo to get there. Pretty sure that's the plan but ESPN is gonna try and Lebron this situation if it doesn't get handled quickly.
As a Portland fan, the Blazers need a point guard like Paul to change up their offense.  B-Roy taking the ball down the court SUCKS!  Dude plays to slow.  As far as them having to give up to much, not really.  They could give up Miller and Pryzbilla(both expiring), Rudy Fernandez, then possibly Bayless and if they really wanted to get it done Batum instead.  After picking up Wesley Mathews there are to many players at SG, Rudy needs to go for sure, and as much as I like Bayless he will always be a combo guard so he is disposable.  Pryz is done after his knee mess and Miller is getting old.  Batum though I would like to see them keep, Dante Cunningham is on the come up but he isn't quite starter material yet to take on Batums role.
Yes. I don't want Batum to go and I like Bayless as well but for CP, I'm for it. I think Nate is holding him back anyway so I'd like him to succeed, even if it's elsewhere. From the All-Star games, CP and Roy have that instant connection on the court. I don't know if that's enough evidence but it's something positive to look at. Roy needs/wanted to learn to play more off the ball when Dre got there so maybe now he'll put it in some work. CP would make Aldridge and Oden so much better.
Seriously, Batum is the most over-rated Blazer EVER. I give Batum up for CP3 without even blinking once.

This doesn't suprise me. I'm a Hornet fan and have been before they moved. I'm disappointed with Chris, but George Shinn is one of if not the worst owner in all major sports. We literally had two basketball scouts in our FO. Thankfully they along with two other guys have just been fired by Demps. Shinn is the epitome of cheap combined with the terrible contracts that Bower signed players to. I'm looking at you Peja, ole fat Posey, Mo (even though he's off the books) and Meka. Those have really tied our hands to be players in FA. I personally know the Chouest family having growing up and playing basketball with Gary's son Ross and he's very determined to spend the money to keep this franchise competitive. He OG only had a 25% stake in the club but after two years of covering the loss of money that Shinn couldn't afford he now owns 40%. Shinn is losing money every day and has borrowed money from the league. He's going to sell eventually, but this team is his baby and he's having a hard time letting go. I just hope it happens before the season. I'm okay with Chris leaving as long as we can package Meka and maybe another bad contract for either an All-Star caliber player and some young talent and a pick. It's either time to hand the reigns to DC and the other young guys or if the non-Shinn ppl (Chouest, Monty, Demps) can tell Chris to hang around another year till we have a real owner and some money coming off the books to make some moves.

This doesn't suprise me. I'm a Hornet fan and have been before they moved. I'm disappointed with Chris, but George Shinn is one of if not the worst owner in all major sports. We literally had two basketball scouts in our FO. Thankfully they along with two other guys have just been fired by Demps. Shinn is the epitome of cheap combined with the terrible contracts that Bower signed players to. I'm looking at you Peja, ole fat Posey, Mo (even though he's off the books) and Meka. Those have really tied our hands to be players in FA. I personally know the Chouest family having growing up and playing basketball with Gary's son Ross and he's very determined to spend the money to keep this franchise competitive. He OG only had a 25% stake in the club but after two years of covering the loss of money that Shinn couldn't afford he now owns 40%. Shinn is losing money every day and has borrowed money from the league. He's going to sell eventually, but this team is his baby and he's having a hard time letting go. I just hope it happens before the season. I'm okay with Chris leaving as long as we can package Meka and maybe another bad contract for either an All-Star caliber player and some young talent and a pick. It's either time to hand the reigns to DC and the other young guys or if the non-Shinn ppl (Chouest, Monty, Demps) can tell Chris to hang around another year till we have a real owner and some money coming off the books to make some moves.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Glad somebody gets it. Let's see how many times CNN mentions CP3's trade requests. I promise you they wont, but they damn sure
had a special for LeBron James.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Glad somebody gets it. Let's see how many times CNN mentions CP3's trade requests. I promise you they wont, but they damn sure
had a special for LeBron James.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Did you really just compare CP3's resume to Lebron's?  Like, really?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

The end result is the same bro. ZERO championships. Everything else is meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom