CP3 trying to follow Lebron's lead.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im not trying to justify HOW LEBRON LEFT... can you not read? i said it was a BAD PR STUNT.... but lebron did what he could for the team and left after his contract was over.... CP3 is crying while still being UNDER CONTRACT, WANTING TO GO PLAY FOR A CONTENDER.... do you not see the differnce? you can hate how lebron left.... but at least he put in the work until the contract was up...

And CP3 didn't put in work? Like he wasn't the face of the Hornets franchise. Like he didn't take that team to the playoffs several times.

Last time I checked, the work him and LeBron has put in is virtually equal seeing as they both have no rings to show for it.

What's the difference between him and the countless other athletes that have requested trades in the NBA?

CP3 is the first athlete to request a trade while being under contract let you tell it.
Did you really just compare CP3's resume to Lebron's?  Like, really?

The end result is the same bro. ZERO championships. Everything else is meaningless.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Master Zik

LDJ wrote:
How is it bias? Its a fact, when was the last decade knicks had a legitimate championship team, hell when have they had a legit playoff team in the last decade. Yes i know they have made it but it was barely in a weaken eastern conference. The last good team they had was with Ewing. And what big moves have they made to put them in the running for a championship? Ok they got a pf that hasnt proven he can play without a superior dominant pg which the knicks dont have.

Paul never said he would win with N.O., but he did say he wants to lead a team to a championship, and feels that cant happen with N.O. I think going to nyc would potentially if done right with Melo and some other key component pieces would make a excellent team. But basing how they have operated over the course of the last couple of decades it doesnt seem likely.

I understand you maybe a knicks fan, but you cant honestly say the knicks have made good trades etc in recent or past yrs. As far as living in the past thats all you can judge on. Surely you cant judge the Knicks future as it would all be speculation. Lets say he goes and they make the same mistakes they have done over and over again. He basically will be in the same situation he is in now, under much more heavy scrutiny, and having to play the complain/wait/and ask for another trade game. That will only hurt his stock, and potential championship caliber teams wont want him on their respective squads. If he is looking to win NOW, I honestly dont see knicks as the way you wanna go. Dallas possibly, even Orl but the Knicks i just dont see it in there foreseeable future.

I aint saying the Knicks are the eastern conference version of the clippers by no means. But they giving them a sure fire run for they money.
I'm talking about the present which you seem to be ignoring. Especially when it comes to what the front office has managed to do.

What have they done PRESENTLY to make them a championship team as of TODAY/PRESENT. They have 1 big free agent who hasnt proven he can lead a team. A player who still hasnt shown he can be a dominant big w/o the presence of a pg or playing in a certain system. Ok they got a unproven GM in allan houston. I mean i havent followed them much in the last few days but last i cheecked they still didnt have a legit pg, a prolific scorer or even a formidable starting line up.

Adding CP3 doesnt put them in the ranks of MIA,CHI,ORL, or BOS. I dont even see them better then the hawks to be honest. I see that they may improve somewhat but playoff team hell championship caliber... I know you maybe a fan and all but if you think adding CP3 makes them legit contenders for the chip at PRESENT state. 
laugh.gif

Go back and read what I said cuz I never said they presently created a championship team instead of new statements to your post like I was even arguing that. If you not paying attention don't talk. Donnie Walsh has presently gotten players (trade-able assets) and gotten enough cap space for the next few years to create a championship team.

You should look at Amar'e first few years without Steve Nash on the Suns. I don't know what you talking about sayinghe hasn't proven he can't be a dominant big man. Maybe you aren't bias and just don't got a good memory or don't know what you talking about.

laugh.gif
@ Amar'e and CP3 not making the Knicks better than the Hawks.

Originally Posted by LDJ

LDJ wrote:
How is it bias? Its a fact, when was the last decade knicks had a legitimate championship team, hell when have they had a legit playoff team in the last decade. Yes i know they have made it but it was barely in a weaken eastern conference. The last good team they had was with Ewing. And what big moves have they made to put them in the running for a championship? Ok they got a pf that hasnt proven he can play without a superior dominant pg which the knicks dont have.

Paul never said he would win with N.O., but he did say he wants to lead a team to a championship, and feels that cant happen with N.O. I think going to nyc would potentially if done right with Melo and some other key component pieces would make a excellent team. But basing how they have operated over the course of the last couple of decades it doesnt seem likely.

I understand you maybe a knicks fan, but you cant honestly say the knicks have made good trades etc in recent or past yrs. As far as living in the past thats all you can judge on. Surely you cant judge the Knicks future as it would all be speculation. Lets say he goes and they make the same mistakes they have done over and over again. He basically will be in the same situation he is in now, under much more heavy scrutiny, and having to play the complain/wait/and ask for another trade game. That will only hurt his stock, and potential championship caliber teams wont want him on their respective squads. If he is looking to win NOW, I honestly dont see knicks as the way you wanna go. Dallas possibly, even Orl but the Knicks i just dont see it in there foreseeable future.

I aint saying the Knicks are the eastern conference version of the clippers by no means. But they giving them a sure fire run for they money.
I'm talking about the present which you seem to be ignoring. Especially when it comes to what the front office has managed to do.

What have they done PRESENTLY to make them a championship team as of TODAY/PRESENT. They have 1 big free agent who hasnt proven he can lead a team. A player who still hasnt shown he can be a dominant big w/o the presence of a pg or playing in a certain system. Ok they got a unproven GM in allan houston. I mean i havent followed them much in the last few days but last i cheecked they still didnt have a legit pg, a prolific scorer or even a formidable starting line up.

Adding CP3 doesnt put them in the ranks of MIA,CHI,ORL, or BOS. I dont even see them better then the hawks to be honest. I see that they may improve somewhat but playoff team hell championship caliber... I know you maybe a fan and all but if you think adding CP3 makes them legit contenders for the chip at PRESENT state. 
laugh.gif

Go back and read what I said cuz I never said they presently created a championship team instead of new statements to your post like I was even arguing that. If you not paying attention don't talk. Donnie Walsh has presently gotten players (trade-able assets) and gotten enough cap space for the next few years to create a championship team.

You should look at Amar'e first few years without Steve Nash on the Suns. I don't know what you talking about sayinghe hasn't proven he can't be a dominant big man. Maybe you aren't bias and just don't got a good memory or don't know what you talking about.

laugh.gif

im not trying to justify HOW LEBRON LEFT... can you not read? i said it was a BAD PR STUNT.... but lebron did what he could for the team and left after his contract was over.... CP3 is crying while still being UNDER CONTRACT, WANTING TO GO PLAY FOR A CONTENDER.... do you not see the differnce? you can hate how lebron left.... but at least he put in the work until the contract was up...

And CP3 didn't put in work? Like he wasn't the face of the Hornets franchise. Like he didn't take that team to the playoffs several times.

Last time I checked, the work him and LeBron has put in is virtually equal seeing as they both have no rings to show for it.

What's the difference between him and the countless other athletes that have requested trades in the NBA?

CP3 is the first athlete to request a trade while being under contract let you tell it.

laugh.gif
 OK... ONE MORE TIME.. just because you are SLOW.... I NEVER SAID IT WAS A GOOD THING THAT LEBRON DID THE 1HR SPECIAL... NEVER.
are you still with me??.... 
all im saying is that NT and other people are killing lebron saying that he is taking the easy way out, teaming up with bosh and wade to win a chip... 
but now CP3 is crying and demanding a trade, wanting to team up with amare, maybe melo or just to go play for a contender and everyone is cool with that?
do still understand what im trying to say?

laugh.gif
 OK... ONE MORE TIME.. just because you are SLOW.... I NEVER SAID IT WAS A GOOD THING THAT LEBRON DID THE 1HR SPECIAL... NEVER.
all im saying is that NT and other people are killing lebron saying that he is taking the easy way out, teaming up with bosh and wade to win a chip... 
but now CP3 is crying and demanding a trade, wanting to team up with amare, maybe melo or just to go play for a contender and everyone is cool with that?

[h2]Paul Hasn’t Yet Done the Full LeBron[/h2]By HOWARD BECK
Chris Paul’s rumored desire to leave New Orleans has drawn instant parallels to LeBron James’s leap from Cleveland to Miami. The comparisons are natural.

Both players have been frustrated as solo acts. James moved to Miami to find All-Star help. Paul is reportedly seeking a trade because he wants to team with an established star. James and Paul share a close friendship, as well as some advisers.

However, Paul has not hired James’s marketing firm — at least, not yet.

Multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, have reported that Paul is working with LRMR, the company founded by James and his friend Maverick Carter. Paul was taken aback by the reports, according to a league official who spoke with him on Friday.

Although he is considering LRMR, Paul said he had not yet made a decision, according to the official, who asked to remain anonymous to protect their relationship.

Paul cut ties with his longtime agency, Octagon, earlier this month. He has hired one significant member of James’s circle: Leon Rose, an agent with C.A.A. Rose is close to William Wesley, a confidant to several N.B.A. players, including James.

That Paul would be sensitive to comparisons is understandable. James has been universally criticized for the way he handled his free agency and for choosing to announce his decision on a one-hour television special called “The Decision.

[h2]Paul Hasn’t Yet Done the Full LeBron[/h2]By HOWARD BECK
Chris Paul’s rumored desire to leave New Orleans has drawn instant parallels to LeBron James’s leap from Cleveland to Miami. The comparisons are natural.

Both players have been frustrated as solo acts. James moved to Miami to find All-Star help. Paul is reportedly seeking a trade because he wants to team with an established star. James and Paul share a close friendship, as well as some advisers.

However, Paul has not hired James’s marketing firm — at least, not yet.

Multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, have reported that Paul is working with LRMR, the company founded by James and his friend Maverick Carter. Paul was taken aback by the reports, according to a league official who spoke with him on Friday.

Although he is considering LRMR, Paul said he had not yet made a decision, according to the official, who asked to remain anonymous to protect their relationship.

Paul cut ties with his longtime agency, Octagon, earlier this month. He has hired one significant member of James’s circle: Leon Rose, an agent with C.A.A. Rose is close to William Wesley, a confidant to several N.B.A. players, including James.

That Paul would be sensitive to comparisons is understandable. James has been universally criticized for the way he handled his free agency and for choosing to announce his decision on a one-hour television special called “The Decision.

Originally Posted by LDJ

LDJ wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

No you didnt but you did say they are making moves to be in the talks of winning a championship and im saying that i dont see it. You also said that with the moves they are currently making they will be better then the hawks. I said it could be possible but i highly doubt it. And he did have a guard in starbury who wasnt exactly a slouch.

What guard do the knicks have currently that is better then starbury was in his prime? And only avg like 19 and 8, while thats not bad again he still played in a system. We all saw what happen with marion once he got out of a system. I like stat and hope that doesnt happen to him. But even still when has he been the focal point of the offense or the leader. Even before tp came into his own, duncan still could perform dominate and control a game w/o a stellar gaurd.

And i never said they wouldnt be better with cp3, you said lets talk about present knicks, and present knicks do not have cp3. So with the roster they have as of now i dont see them being a better team then the hawks. Even with him im not so sure all depends what other pieces they acquire with the cap space.

Your talking like what if they do this that and the other. Im speaking on as of now and what they have now. Saying what a team could be, and what they might can do can be said with just about any team. I based my opinion on current status and based on the history of the knicks in reference to making trades and building an contender. And based offa that i just dont see it. Id love to see a revive of the old heat knicks bulls rivals. But as of today i aint seeing it.

Originally Posted by LDJ

LDJ wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

No you didnt but you did say they are making moves to be in the talks of winning a championship and im saying that i dont see it. You also said that with the moves they are currently making they will be better then the hawks. I said it could be possible but i highly doubt it. And he did have a guard in starbury who wasnt exactly a slouch.

What guard do the knicks have currently that is better then starbury was in his prime? And only avg like 19 and 8, while thats not bad again he still played in a system. We all saw what happen with marion once he got out of a system. I like stat and hope that doesnt happen to him. But even still when has he been the focal point of the offense or the leader. Even before tp came into his own, duncan still could perform dominate and control a game w/o a stellar gaurd.

And i never said they wouldnt be better with cp3, you said lets talk about present knicks, and present knicks do not have cp3. So with the roster they have as of now i dont see them being a better team then the hawks. Even with him im not so sure all depends what other pieces they acquire with the cap space.

Your talking like what if they do this that and the other. Im speaking on as of now and what they have now. Saying what a team could be, and what they might can do can be said with just about any team. I based my opinion on current status and based on the history of the knicks in reference to making trades and building an contender. And based offa that i just dont see it. Id love to see a revive of the old heat knicks bulls rivals. But as of today i aint seeing it.

The end result is the same bro. ZERO championships. Everything else is meaningless.
roll.gif
roll.gif
ok, don't ever want to hear you complain about lebron's move to miami, since everything else besides championships are 'meaningless'

roll.gif
roll.gif
ok, don't ever want to hear you complain about lebron's move to miami, since everything else besides championships are 'meaningless'

AG 47 wrote:

YoungTriz wrote:

laugh.gif

The ONLY slow dude here is you. You stated that you don't UNDERSTAND why LeBron is getting hated, but CP3 isn't. That's what YOU said.

Here, allow me to refresh your memory:

Wow... lebron gets hated for leaving a city while being a free agent.... while cp3 is demanding a trade to go play for a contender, and everyone on NT is trying to come up with trade options?.

I clearly stated WHY LeBron is getting all the justified hate his way. I never ever ever ever said I had a problem with him forming a super team.

I stated since day one I could understand WHY he left, but he pissed me off with HOW he did it. I don't fault him for wanting to win. That's what this game is all about. Winning.

But I'm slow though right?

AG 47 wrote:

YoungTriz wrote:

laugh.gif

The ONLY slow dude here is you. You stated that you don't UNDERSTAND why LeBron is getting hated, but CP3 isn't. That's what YOU said.

Wow... lebron gets hated for leaving a city while being a free agent.... while cp3 is demanding a trade to go play for a contender, and everyone on NT is trying to come up with trade options?.

I clearly stated WHY LeBron is getting all the justified hate his way. I never ever ever ever said I had a problem with him forming a super team.

I stated since day one I could understand WHY he left, but he pissed me off with HOW he did it. I don't fault him for wanting to win. That's what this game is all about. Winning.

AG 47 wrote:

YoungTriz wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yeah...  all your doing is nit picking what im trying to say then start another arguement... have you not seen what ive been typing? 

you can hate that lebron had a special... that was a bad PR stunt... at least he didnt complain/ @+%$@ his way out... lebron put in work for 7 years and left as a free agent... CP3 is calling it quits and trying to bail out under contract. do you not see the difference? 

do you see? like i said people can hate on what he did for "the decision".... thats not the problem...
what im saying is that..... ready?

all the knick, cavs, some laker fans saying that lebron is taking the easy way out... but at least he finished off his contract
then CP3 wants to get traded... now all the fans that hated on lebron are coming up with trades to get CP3.... isnt CP3 taking the easy way out? while under contract? doesnt that make it just as bad?.
now i have said it 5 times... do you still not understand?

AG 47 wrote:

YoungTriz wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 yeah...  all your doing is nit picking what im trying to say then start another arguement... have you not seen what ive been typing? 

you can hate that lebron had a special... that was a bad PR stunt... at least he didnt complain/ @+%$@ his way out... lebron put in work for 7 years and left as a free agent... CP3 is calling it quits and trying to bail out under contract. do you not see the difference? 

do you see? like i said people can hate on what he did for "the decision".... thats not the problem...
what im saying is that..... ready?

all the knick, cavs, some laker fans saying that lebron is taking the easy way out... but at least he finished off his contract
then CP3 wants to get traded... now all the fans that hated on lebron are coming up with trades to get CP3.... isnt CP3 taking the easy way out? while under contract? doesnt that make it just as bad?.
now i have said it 5 times... do you still not understand?

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Buc Em

CP3 wouldn't be a good fit on Atlanta or Portland. Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson are basically point guards for those teams. They have the ball in their hands for the majority of most possessions and bring the ball up a lot of the times. Plus those two teams would be giving up way too much talent to get him there anyway. Atlanta would probably have to trade Josh Smith, Bibby, Marvin Williams and maybe something else. Then the Hawks would be left with a starting lineup of CP3, JJ, Crawford, Horford and Pachulia. That's not bad but it still isn't gonna win a championship. I mean all these trade scenarios aside I think dude just wants to go to New York, play with Amare and wait for Melo to get there. Pretty sure that's the plan but ESPN is gonna try and Lebron this situation if it doesn't get handled quickly.
As a Portland fan, the Blazers need a point guard like Paul to change up their offense.  B-Roy taking the ball down the court SUCKS!  Dude plays to slow.  As far as them having to give up to much, not really.  They could give up Miller and Pryzbilla(both expiring), Rudy Fernandez, then possibly Bayless and if they really wanted to get it done Batum instead.  After picking up Wesley Mathews there are to many players at SG, Rudy needs to go for sure, and as much as I like Bayless he will always be a combo guard so he is disposable.  Pryz is done after his knee mess and Miller is getting old.  Batum though I would like to see them keep, Dante Cunningham is on the come up but he isn't quite starter material yet to take on Batums role.
Yes. I don't want Batum to go and I like Bayless as well but for CP, I'm for it. I think Nate is holding him back anyway so I'd like him to succeed, even if it's elsewhere. From the All-Star games, CP and Roy have that instant connection on the court. I don't know if that's enough evidence but it's something positive to look at. Roy needs/wanted to learn to play more off the ball when Dre got there so maybe now he'll put it in some work. CP would make Aldridge and Oden so much better.
Seriously, Batum is the most over-rated Blazer EVER. I give Batum up for CP3 without even blinking once.
laugh.gif
I'm just saying, if I had the chance to get CP and keep Batum out of the trade I would do just that.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Buc Em

CP3 wouldn't be a good fit on Atlanta or Portland. Brandon Roy and Joe Johnson are basically point guards for those teams. They have the ball in their hands for the majority of most possessions and bring the ball up a lot of the times. Plus those two teams would be giving up way too much talent to get him there anyway. Atlanta would probably have to trade Josh Smith, Bibby, Marvin Williams and maybe something else. Then the Hawks would be left with a starting lineup of CP3, JJ, Crawford, Horford and Pachulia. That's not bad but it still isn't gonna win a championship. I mean all these trade scenarios aside I think dude just wants to go to New York, play with Amare and wait for Melo to get there. Pretty sure that's the plan but ESPN is gonna try and Lebron this situation if it doesn't get handled quickly.
As a Portland fan, the Blazers need a point guard like Paul to change up their offense.  B-Roy taking the ball down the court SUCKS!  Dude plays to slow.  As far as them having to give up to much, not really.  They could give up Miller and Pryzbilla(both expiring), Rudy Fernandez, then possibly Bayless and if they really wanted to get it done Batum instead.  After picking up Wesley Mathews there are to many players at SG, Rudy needs to go for sure, and as much as I like Bayless he will always be a combo guard so he is disposable.  Pryz is done after his knee mess and Miller is getting old.  Batum though I would like to see them keep, Dante Cunningham is on the come up but he isn't quite starter material yet to take on Batums role.
Yes. I don't want Batum to go and I like Bayless as well but for CP, I'm for it. I think Nate is holding him back anyway so I'd like him to succeed, even if it's elsewhere. From the All-Star games, CP and Roy have that instant connection on the court. I don't know if that's enough evidence but it's something positive to look at. Roy needs/wanted to learn to play more off the ball when Dre got there so maybe now he'll put it in some work. CP would make Aldridge and Oden so much better.
Seriously, Batum is the most over-rated Blazer EVER. I give Batum up for CP3 without even blinking once.
laugh.gif
I'm just saying, if I had the chance to get CP and keep Batum out of the trade I would do just that.

Originally Posted by LDJ

What does Marbury even matter? We didn't have him in his prime anyway.

I find it funny how you trying to fault Amar'e for having a great pg on his team. Completely ignoring his #s in his first few years without Nash. If you're saying he has to prove himself okay that's one thing but if you're saying he can't be a dominant player and a leader you're just speculating.

I said CP3 on the Knicks makes that team better than the Hawks, not without him. I aint even going in on the what ifs. You talked about past bad moves the front office made in the last 10 years and I'm talking about the turnaround from building a team standpoint with favorable contracts that'll give us cap space for years to come or trade-able players that our front office has done presently.

I mean if anything you were saying was that true or important when it comes to down the line winning championships CP3 wouldn't even have us on the list to begin with.

Originally Posted by LDJ

What does Marbury even matter? We didn't have him in his prime anyway.

I find it funny how you trying to fault Amar'e for having a great pg on his team. Completely ignoring his #s in his first few years without Nash. If you're saying he has to prove himself okay that's one thing but if you're saying he can't be a dominant player and a leader you're just speculating.

I said CP3 on the Knicks makes that team better than the Hawks, not without him. I aint even going in on the what ifs. You talked about past bad moves the front office made in the last 10 years and I'm talking about the turnaround from building a team standpoint with favorable contracts that'll give us cap space for years to come or trade-able players that our front office has done presently.

I mean if anything you were saying was that true or important when it comes to down the line winning championships CP3 wouldn't even have us on the list to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom