Copper Air Foamposite One (Merged)

Wow this thread blew up real quick. It's a shame if it's over contract dispute but I doubt that's the main hold up. I bet it's because of shops selling early

Originally Posted by bwood056

theres no reason they would take the existing pennys of the market considering those shoes fall into the contract of provided releases.. now as far as upcomming releases i can see why the withhold upon them..

the coppers are on the market. they are damn near sold out in london. thats why this rumor makes no sense

Originally Posted by 2 gun gibbs

this contract rumor sounds bogus. if this is true ALL penny's and half cents would be off the shelves. I was in hoh today, the half cents and the coppers 2's are still there. i'm gonna say that contract business is washed
i agree....

i mean have we forgotten that penny hardaway is 1 paid dude?

^ but the slated release date was before the contract was up ? and the US release fell riiiight after penny contract was up ?

i can def see Penny holding out, due to how well the shoes have been selling.. its crazy, i doubt he would think they would hit like the have.. look at pippens line, dead, and they retroed alot.. i can see penny demanding more money, and if they release those foams AFTER the contract is up, nike would have a huge lawsuit, giving penny ALL the funds for the sales?? not sure, just my guess

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by donjuan513

If Nike don't get Penny some money there might now be no Foams for you all. #contractdispute
thats seriously whats going on? i thought that was a bad rumor....

but yeah...if penny's logo came off these and a foamposite pro came out in its place i wouldn't even touch em......pro's is da reason i passed on every foamposite that wasn't

all black or pearl.

i thought them going to the pro model of the foams was due to the model being lost i dont think it was a contract dispute because when the foam dropped for pippen they had no logo for 1 cent... correct me if i am wrong

i'm over this whole ordeal. if they release, then cool. if not, then so what. everyone losing they mind in this thread is exactly what nike wants. imagine the smiles on their faces as they read this ridiculous thread.
sick.gif
they stay winning and we stay losing man.
smh.gif

COme onnnn NIKE...

pay the guy his money..

he deserves it....

so much sneakers are relesaing.

all the foamposites and the other retros the half cents, all these pennys.

pay him his money.

or just strip the penny logo off of the coppers and give it to us still
pimp.gif
yeahhhh thats a good idea. put like a dollar sign instead or something.

man nike just needs to give the guy the money. i kno nike isnt paying him as much as he should have.. but damn its just his logo. w/e though.... i
ll be satisfied with my lebrons vii allstars and kobe v all stars....

look at pippens line, dead, and they retroed alot..
problem with pippen (not really nike) is that by da time they FINALLY decided to toss him his own line it was late in his career so other then da first PIPPEN shoe most of em

are either:

A. were ENDORSED solely for pippen but don't don his name (pearl foamposite pros, air maestros, air more uptempos, air max uptemps, air way up, air flight lite, air bound, air dynamic flight etc)

B. suck (pippen III-V)

^^ true, but i was trying to say how they jump started his retro line recently, kinda like the griffs now, and obv pennys too.. pennys by FAR are making nikes major money funds right now..everyone sees it, so does penny... but i mean all this that we are talking abt r just RUMORS.. just trying to formulate a reasonning i guess.. i just want these bad. great concept, great shoe.. if not.. then o well.. other shoes r on my hit list aas well

im tellin u this really has sumthin 2 do with the fact that jordan traditionally has a release on allstar weekend...u guys mite laugh but a lot of things about mike's character have been pooping up so i really wudnt b surprised if jordan brand or the powers that be have sumthing 2 do with this...these will come out wit the penny logo a couple weeks after the 13th watch

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

i'll take OG Air Pippen 1's over any Penny shoe ....

Pippen I's fall right between da penny II's and I's.....sure they better then da III's and IV's, but they not touching 1/2 cents, foamposite, penny I's or II's...

Originally Posted by werallequal

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by donjuan513

If Nike don't get Penny some money there might now be no Foams for you all. #contractdispute
thats seriously whats going on? i thought that was a bad rumor....

but yeah...if penny's logo came off these and a foamposite pro came out in its place i wouldn't even touch em......pro's is da reason i passed on every foamposite that wasn't

all black or pearl.
i thought them going to the pro model of the foams was dude to the model being lost i dont think it was a contract dispute because when the foam dropped for pippen they had no logo for 1 cent... correct me if i am wrong
pros were released to increase the visibility of nike on the shoes. hence the big swoosh.

i can def see Penny holding out, due to how well the shoes have been selling.. its crazy, i doubt he would think they would hit like the have.. look at pippens line, dead, and they retroed alot.. i can see penny demanding more money, and if they release those foams AFTER the contract is up, nike would have a huge lawsuit, giving penny ALL the funds for the sales?? not sure, just my guess
The contract is the contract, this isn't the NFL where you can hold out for more money.  Allen Iverson has a lifetime contract with Reebok, say all of a sudden he has a hot pair of kicks and they start selling.  You think he can threaten to break it, because he wants more money?  There aren't sales clauses with sneakers.  You can wait until your contract is up like DWade, but that's about it, unless you get dropped like Michael Vick.

The rumor that makes more sense is that the date got moved, due to the Jordan 2010's and the ASG kicks this month.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

The contract is the contract, this isn't the NFL where you can hold out for more money.  Allen Iverson has a lifetime contract with Reebok, say all of a sudden he has a hot pair of kicks and they start selling.  You think he can threaten to break it, because he wants more money?  There aren't sales clauses with sneakers.  You can wait until your contract is up like DWade, but that's about it, unless you get dropped like Michael Vick.

maybe his contract was over, and they tried to offer him something that wasn't feasible. But who really knows

HOH in Houston tells me they haven't heard anything about the release date changing, and that its still 2/13 on the comp. HOWEVER, they haven't received their shipment yet.

Back
Top Bottom