Confirmed: Doernbecher Jordan III to release 7/20/13 - NO BUYING SELLING TRADING

Was this before or after having to walk 10 miles uphill in the snow barefoot?
I live in L.A. so, it was during earthquakes 
laugh.gif

Follow the Apple presell model. At least the enthusiasts could Pre purchase one pair. Yeah, the resellers could auto buy whatever but again, Nike would only produce the number of Pre purchases and possibly a percentage for HoH, Nike Town and the boutiques.

Honestly, I'm over 30 and would like to deal with not waking up early on a Saturday morning to camp, playing raffles, spending 5 minutes to 3 hours trying to buy shoes online, etc.
Nike generates hype by putting out shoes people can't obtain.  You flood the market, demand will eventually go down, Nike loses money in the long run.  It's simple economics.

All these email cancelations, orders getting flagged, and "Return to Sender Requests" with UPS isn't a sustainable strategy for the long-term for Nike (or any other e-commerce company). In fact, it just sounds like a complete logistics nightmare for their warehouse team/order fulfillment team. Not to mention it also sounds like a customer support nightmare when people who didn't even use a bot/automation wrongly get their order canceled. It's not a good use of resources and it's very counterproductive. Sure, it helps to reinforce their Commitment to Fairness policy, but all they're doing is being reactive.

If Nike is going to stand by this Commitment to Fairness policy, then they should have a more proactive strategy that deters bots/automation during the actual order process instead of merely putting a band-aid over the issue (e.g. canceling orders placed via bot after the fact).

That said, I would expect that by holiday season this year, Nike will most likely have a more proactive strategy to hold up their Commitment to Fairness policy.

Just my thoughts.
at least some one sees it the way i see it....stop the problem before it starts not try to fix it when the damage is done...it just creates more issue and problems

the fact this shoe is for a good cause and helps a foundation, kinda makes people wonder why nike made this hard to get and limited in the first place.

people are gonna be checking twitter like crazy now.

Last edited:
Nike generates hype by putting out shoes people can't obtain.  You flood the market, demand will eventually go down, Nike loses money in the long run.  It's simple economics.
Nike been fine with just retro sales. Nike was still profitable during the venator freeze. Lighting IVs were hyped in that day and age, and still, consumers were able to buy without any hoops.

To think Nike will lose ANY money by flooding the market is laughable.

Agreed. That's why I said Nike was the root of the problem.

And the smart phone market is sort of going through this right now. The market is starting to saturate.

And I have no sense of entitlement. Every other consumer item can be purchased without the hassles faced by sneaker enthusiasts. iPhones or Galaxies are hype filled releases and Apple, Samsung and cell phone carriers don't deal with these issues.

Older people with jobs, kids, etc, this type of "life" isn't conducive to. But until things change, it's wake up early, state at SPA screens and curse NDC 48 seconds after the TLO.

But I saw an article that the concert/ticket market is worse. The bots have completely taken over ticket releases and forced a burgeoning second hand/reseller market.

Last edited:
Nike cancels the orders from cheaters, then cheaters pickup the restock.

Yup.
exactly. i'd bet nike won't do anything to them the 2nd time around, they don't want to have to cancel orders and have them sent back to them again for a 3rd re-release.

Nike been fine with just retro sales. Nike was still profitable during the venator freeze. Lighting IVs were hyped in that day and age, and still, consumers were able to buy without any hoops.

To think Nike will lose ANY money by flooding the market is laughable.
Need the hype from limited releases to keep the gr retroes in high demand.
Also, I think DB's are limited because nike would lose a lot of money off of taxes. I believe there's a limit what can be written off when dealing with charities.

I'd love to be the fly of the Nike/JB ops meeting tomorrow. They're probably laughing at the whole drama. At least we didn't have to see any sneaker related deaths or robbery stories.

Also, I think DB's are limited because nike would lose a lot of money off of taxes. I believe there's a limit what can be written off when dealing with charities.

Again, there will always be a market/demand for the shoes, especially the OG colors. To add to it, they have a huge cache to rely on JB, Lebron, Kobe, KD, Pippen, etc.

Last edited:
I understand that....which is why I pointed out the Lightning release. It was a hyped up release and all was well. Jordan XII first nubuck was hyped and went well.

QS and SBs were all hyped and still easily attainable. The worst thing was Tiffanys which brought about all this extra hype and ignited the "sneaker culture" to what it is now.

I'd love to be the fly of the Nike/JB ops meeting tomorrow. They're probably laughing at the whole drama. At least we didn't have to see any sneaker related deaths or robbery stories.
There were some funny videos posted throughout this thread though. One guy recording himself trying to purchase them on 2 laptops which failed and another guy who paid for a NDC link sniper service which didn't even grab the link
roll.gif

Last edited:
Same here, they're probably just sitting there enjoying their revenue and don't even care about the customers. In this world the only thing that seems to appeal to people is the stuff that doesn't matter (money, celebrities etc...) not everyone, just IMO from what I've seen. With shoes the celebrities build hype and everyone wants them, throw the word "limited" and people will go crazy. Sad to see how the game is changed, but changes will always be constant, I'd like to see what the shoe game is in 5 years from now though. Doubt this but who knows maybe some brand may step up (nearly impossible) but it's just a thing I'm curious to see.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the gamma XI's are for sure gonna make up for it.

I hope not. They're just shoes. It's not a post apocalyptic future where we have water or food shortages.

Well, good luck to everyone on the second or third release.

If this is for a good cause, sucks that there is so much controversy/issues.

I hope not. They're just shoes. It's not a post apocalyptic future where we have water or food shortages.

Well, good luck to everyone on the second or third release.

If this is for a good cause, sucks that there is so much controversy/issues.
XI's are the Jordan killers, especially when they release during the Christmas holiday.

On another note, I'm laughing at people trying to trade toro 4's and cash for db3's. are people that stupid to think someone is gonna fall for that?

Last edited:
Same here, they're probably just sitting there enjoying their revenue and don't even care about the customers. In this world the only thing that seems to appeal to people is the stuff that doesn't matter (money, celebrities etc...) not everyone, just IMO from what I've seen. With shoes the celebrities build hype and everyone wants them, throw the word "limited" and people will go crazy. Sad to see how the game is changed, but changes will always be constant, I'd like to see what the shoe game is in 5 years from now though. Doubt this but who knows maybe some brand may step up (nearly impossible) but it's just a thing I'm curious to see.
The revenue from the DB's goes to charity.  So with all of the order cancelations, they're costing the Doernbecher Hospital money.  Plus, these cancelations are costing Nike 100's of 1000's of man hours which is extremely expensive.

Yes, they will eventually sell the canceled orders, but they can never make up all the hours lost.  Plus all of the time and effort to sell the shoes a second time.

The revenue from the DB's goes to charity.  So with all of the order cancelations, they're costing the Doernbecher Hospital money.  Plus, these cancelations are costing Nike 100's of 1000's of man hours which is extremely expensive.

Yes, they will eventually sell the canceled orders, but they can never make up all the hours lost.  Plus all of the time and effort to sell the shoes a second time.
It sounds like you're trying to rationalize being caught.

Last edited:
XI's are the Jordan killers, especially when they release during the Christmas holiday.

On another note, I'm laughing at people trying to trade toro 4's and cash for db3's. are people that stupid to think someone is gonna fall for that?
Got an offer earlier for a pair of those IVs for my Hazelnut Xs.

Told the dude if he wanted to throw $300 cash in with 'em, it was a done deal.

Guess he didn't like my answer, he never hit me back.

It sounds like you're trying to rationalize being caught.
Sounds like I'm looking at this from a business perspective.

Woe is me to the billion dollar company. 1st world problems.

Smarkiness aside, the foundation was a great idea and charity.

I feel for the hospital though. On the real, I have a special needs child and wish ALL pediatric hospitals, cancer research foundations, etc could get the money they need to help the sick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom