Confirmed: Doernbecher Jordan III to release 7/20/13 - NO BUYING SELLING TRADING

TBH, sometimes I feel the game is so messed up, makes me wanna just quit. Buying kicks shouldn't be this difficult. Practically begging a company to take your money you STILL CAN'T get shoes you want. Once upon a time this use to be fun. #endrant

I see 2 things happening from this.....
1)NDC releasing limited hyped shoes at a random day and time after release (could be days or weeks later).
2)Nike forfeiting NDC releases on limited hyped releases and just spreading the NDC stock amongst niketowns.

All these email cancelations, orders getting flagged, and "Return to Sender Requests" with UPS isn't a sustainable strategy for the long-term for Nike (or any other e-commerce company). In fact, it just sounds like a complete logistics nightmare for their warehouse team/order fulfillment team. Not to mention it also sounds like a customer support nightmare when people who didn't even use a bot/automation wrongly get their order canceled. It's not a good use of resources and it's very counterproductive. Sure, it helps to reinforce their Commitment to Fairness policy, but all they're doing is being reactive.

If Nike is going to stand by this Commitment to Fairness policy, then they should have a more proactive strategy that deters bots/automation during the actual order process instead of merely putting a band-aid over the issue (e.g. canceling orders placed via bot after the fact).

That said, I would expect that by holiday season this year, Nike will most likely have a more proactive strategy to hold up their Commitment to Fairness policy.

Just my thoughts.

Twitter is the root of the problem. They need to find another platform for launches

This. People that got canceled probably need to use new Nike accounts and credit card info.
It may be minor but not everyone has multiple cards. Also, this release was significant and canceling the orders may scare the novice users from using an advantage system.

It's weird that they produced more pairs recently. At that point, why not to a full out release. The more pairs to go round the happier the customer base is. Heck the toro iv thread is a lot more positive than this.

no real other option, i think theres an app called like swaag which you can buy stuff off of, and i know SC did an ipad exclusive sale for galaxy rookies, but twitter is fine. i have no real complaints 
Take social media out of it. I'm 32 going on 33, I had to actually build real life relationships with store owners/employees to know when things would be in store, oh and just so happen to be walking in the mall and see them on display.

With all these sneaker blogs and social media engines it provides a false sense of availability. 

Take social media out of it. I'm 32 going on 33, I had to actually build real life relationships with store owners/employees to know when things would be in store, oh and just so happen to be walking in the mall and see them on display.

With all these sneaker blogs and social media engines it provides a false sense of availability. 

Was this before or after having to walk 10 miles uphill in the snow barefoot?

Twitter is the root of the problem. They need to find another platform for launches

This is in part true. Twitters API is too easily accessible. NdC needs to build a proprietary system for checking out. Any system can be hacked but there are successful companies whose products are just as, if not more in demand than shoes, who dont deal with these types of scripting issues.

They should just do a raffle system just like they do in the store.  one entry per person per address and cc must match name and address of the entry.  

Follow the Apple presell model. At least the enthusiasts could Pre purchase one pair. Yeah, the resellers could auto buy whatever but again, Nike would only produce the number of Pre purchases and possibly a percentage for HoH, Nike Town and the boutiques.

Honestly, I'm over 30 and would like to deal with not waking up early on a Saturday morning to camp, playing raffles, spending 5 minutes to 3 hours trying to buy shoes online, etc.

I'd be down for unannounced releases...
im not... the auto open tweet bots would always win, just like on restocks. 
If it's unannounced, the script would have to be coded to add something specific. If not, you'll be adding anything & everything to your cart every time NDC sends out a tweet...
You can always clear your cart after its in there, you can't put it in your cart after its sold out. The bots get them in your cart, and when the tweet hits your phone you decide to cop or drop.

Nike should start a reward system like finishline where your name and address are tied to an membership number. For limited released there is an entry period if you'd like to be considered for the raffle. Nike draws numbers and that gives you an opportunity to purchase the shoe. Similar to what FNL did for the Xmas blk/red 11 last year.

Follow the Apple presell model. At least the enthusiasts could Pre purchase one pair. Yeah, the resellers could auto buy whatever but again, Nike would only produce the number of Pre purchases and possibly a percentage for HoH, Nike Town and the boutiques.

Honestly, I'm over 30 and would like to deal with not waking up early on a Saturday morning to camp, playing raffles, spending 5 minutes to 3 hours trying to buy shoes online, etc.

PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH

I'm a grown you know what man dog

Ain't nobody got time for campouts and this kiddie game stuff.

Let the serious heads get their pair to wear. Nike is not even trying to make a system about fairness

Good to see Nike stepping in and canceling orders from cheaters.

Morally of the story just make more shoes Nike.We want to give you money.

Its a damn shame dudes want or gotta get 3 or 4 pair of the same shoes for themselves every release instead of just getting 1 and the next man being able to possibly get a pair.I have never doubled up on a shoe.I am happy with 1 and having the hope someone else who wears my size gets a pair also.Its was the perfect way and show of love and help in the nike sb thread for the MIA's last week.

People are to damn selfish nowadays.

Last edited:
PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH

I'm a grown you know what man dog

Ain't nobody got time for campouts and this kiddie game stuff.

Let the serious heads get their pair to wear. Nike is not even trying to make a system about fairness
You implying that age determines whether or not you're a "serious head"?

I'd be down for unannounced releases...
im not... the auto open tweet bots would always win, just like on restocks. 
If it's unannounced, the script would have to be coded to add something specific. If not, you'll be adding anything & everything to your cart every time NDC sends out a tweet...
You can always clear your cart after its in there, you can't put it in your cart after its sold out. The bots get them in your cart, and when the tweet hits your phone you decide to cop or drop.
True, but then it's still an unannounced drop. There's still an advantage, but you're no longer anticipating the checkout process. You're still susceptible to losing your item or items as the person that is not running a script has just chosen 1 specific item & is going straight to checkout. Unless you plan on checking-out with everything in your cart on a consistent basis, this is fine. Don't get me wrong, I made a general statement in my first post. There still needs to be an overall reconstruction on NDC's checkout process, but I'd personally prefer unannounced drops...

Edit: Fixed word placement...

Last edited:
Was this before or after having to walk 10 miles uphill in the snow barefoot?
I live in L.A. so, it was during earthquakes 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom