Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

I don't think they meant quality control would improve, just the materials used would be improved. Those flaws seem minute to me though, especially the glue.

Last edited:
I don't think they meant quality control would improve, just the materials used would be improved. Those flaws seem minute to me though, especially the glue.

This article states otherwise...

"Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/

Remastered = as close to OG as possible. Looking at the prior materials and then using new materials to best resemble what was available in the past.
"absolutely perfect" ummm thats just about impossible in manufacturing.

"Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/
We need all the bloggers that attended the event to follow up with Nike and get some answers.  Chances are they wont cause they will be scared that they will be left out of the next one.  Im not complaining about quality and all that, but I'd like some answers from Nike on why the mold isn't OG, and some other questions.

The new DTLR in Laurel, MD has a bunch of sizes left.

I just picked up a pair, and I'm already contemplating taking them back.

Not because of the quality, it's nice.

I'm just not as excited holding them in hand.

I've really been trying to get away from buying things that don't excite me in hopes that they will somewhere down the line.

Remastered = as close to OG as possible. Looking at the prior materials and then using new materials to best resemble what was available in the past.
"absolutely perfect" ummm thats just about impossible in manufacturing.

The Jumpman on my shoe looks like it was sliced with a box cutter. Unacceptable.

leather on these is pretty good, couldn't pull the trigger myself on these though...just something about em...

Last edited:
wow. "quality" is the trend on NT nowadays it seems. assembly sucks, quality of leather a bit better imho but that was to be expected from the nike empire. Personally I don't mind the price hike, brings us closer and closer to the days when you could actually try on a pair before you buy. 

It was pretty much all baloney from the get, and we should've all known it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the mold used was same exact as the bred 4s.
Mold looks the same, lack of ankle padding feels the same, extra long tongue the same, lack of QC the same(I posted the smooth leather vs tumbled differing on the toes of my pair) compared to 2012 breds

laugh.gif
mean.gif

We need all the bloggers that attended the event to follow up with Nike and get some answers.  Chances are they wont cause they will be scared that they will be left out of the next one.  Im not complaining about quality and all that, but I'd like some answers from Nike on why the mold isn't OG, and some other questions.

Wouldn't be surprised if bloggers are all bought off by Nike and JB.

Sad that they basically ruined (for me)the 4's and 11's with the poor quality and ****** molds

/endrant

Back
Top Bottom