Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

Guess it's just personal preference. Personally, I don't care about the plastic mesh.
then again you had people clowning the fact that saying JB was skimping and or messing up the 4's with no idea that the og didn't have netting 

those comments  made me ashamed to be a human....

people complaining to be complaining and not know what they are complaining about...

the plastic is just something that's going to yellow anyways i agree i think no netting makes these clean as well as the Oreo's...

got mine on wednesday, leather is pretty nice. 

the leather is definitely better than recent stuff...i've been into primarily white shoes recently. took these out yesterday with plans to unds, and the leather on the columbias blows these out the water.

Are people really that concerned about the mold? Like, can you not tell its a pair of 4s because the toe box is taller or something?

Are people really that concerned about the mold? Like, can you not tell its a pair of 4s because the toe box is taller or something?

It's the banana shape that most people despise. We want that sleek, sharp look back, not the boxy, curled up look.
A good illustration:

Newer IVs = sedan shape
1999s and originals = sports car shape

The same problem plagues the Air Force 1 community.

I'm not so sure it's the mold as much as it's the way they cut the leather in the toe and forefoot area.

It's the banana shape that most people despise. We want that sleek, sharp look back, not the boxy, curled up look.
A good illustration:

Newer IVs = sedan shape
1999s and originals = sports car shape

The same problem plagues the Air Force 1 community.

I'm not so sure it's the mold as much as it's the way they cut the leather in the toe and forefoot area.
my lady noticed that these look better overall, she did say that they are bulkier looking which ties in with ur sedan reference but she also commented they are flatter, she said like the entire sole touches the ground. she is not into sneakers at all can spot a difference

might return mine and just wait for the white cements instead. i have too many white/blue Js plus these are a lil too plain for me. 

ultimately, the first "remastered" release showed us:

-slightly better materials (but still og-early 2000's leathers)
-slightly better mold (but still distinctly different than 89-99' molds) 

happy they retroed the columbia's. and although a slight change to legend blue, at least it wasnt dramatic like the WC 4's...

btw, snapped a couple photo's to illustrate the similar molds between 12' breds and 15' columbias. 
worn the columbias a little everyday since release. holding up good. no midsole issues. minor creasing.

the "remastered" product we get doesnt justify the price tag, but that has been the case for a while, and which is why this is only first JB cop since 2012 breds. 

View media item 1354909

View media item 1354910

those blk/red gotta be ds cuz theres no way youve been wearing them since they dropped looking crisp with no midsole chipping

those blk/red gotta be ds cuz theres no way youve been wearing them since they dropped looking crisp with no midsole chipping

Co sign cause my black is getting ashy and the grey midsole is looking turning yellow of age, lol. and if you do, how do you keep them crisp?

Co sign cause my black is getting ashy and the grey midsole is looking turning yellow of age, lol. and if you do, how do you keep them crisp?
they are ds aint no way around that ... my pair is ashy, creased, chipped on the inside & outside of the midsole & has a lil squeak in one of the shoes :lol:

Just a heads up for anyone still looking in NYC. The new HOH on 33rd and 7th has a lot of pairs. Get there asap though. The place is crawling with resellers.

Just a heads up for anyone still looking in NYC. The new HOH on 33rd and 7th has a lot of pairs. Get there asap though. The place is crawling with resellers.
That's putting it mildly. There's a better selection outside than there is inside! LOL

I saw a post on ig and the line is crazy. Or at least it was.

I had the same issue with the OG's and no netting, the dislike I have for the lack of netting on these isn't a new dislike.

Last edited:
Why do people consider quality control and craftsmanship as part of "remastering"?

One has nothing to do with the other. The shoes involve humans. Humans working ten hour days for change. Do you expect some of them to not have flaws?

You don't think OG's had flaws?

Maybe it's because that's the impression we were given directly from Jordan Brand...

"Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/

Back
Top Bottom